Girls Development Academy

Here is my estimate:

Inland Empire: Legends
San Diego #2: LA Galaxy San Diego

My definite no list: Strikers, Arsenal, FC Golden State Albion.

Still with a chance: Real So Cal, WCFC

Everything else past six teams in So Cal depends on geographical travel partners and how deep they want to go this first year

Last edited:
The Girls DA is a great idea, but it sucks to see how it came about. ECNL was doing its job fine. Sucks there were conflicting egos that disallowed ECNL and USSDA to combine.

My problem with the Girls DA is that they say it will be fully funded. On the boys' side, a lot of the money comes from the MLS, correct? Where is the money for the girls side going to come from? NWSL? They hardly have the money to pay their own players, let alone fund a youth academy. Correct me if I'm wrong, which I probably am. I just doubt this will be more cost-efficient for the parents. Just let the kids play soccer.

SoCal Girls DA clubs can only produce 10-12 players per club, per HS graduation year, because of the combined age groups. That is a total of only 96 SoCal players committing to play college soccer, thus ECNL will still be a viable option for college exposure.

How many girls do D1 schools typically take in per year?

The Girls DA is a great idea, but it sucks to see how it came about. ECNL was doing its job fine. Sucks there were conflicting egos that disallowed ECNL and USSDA to combine.

My problem with the Girls DA is that they say it will be fully funded. On the boys' side, a lot of the money comes from the MLS, correct? Where is the money for the girls side going to come from? NWSL? They hardly have the money to pay their own players, let alone fund a youth academy. Correct me if I'm wrong, which I probably am. I just doubt this will be more cost-efficient for the parents. Just let the kids play soccer.

ECNL IMHO, didn't do a great job of spreading the love. 4 teams in OC, one in SD, one in the I.E., one in Thousand Oaks and one in Camarillo. Huge gap north of the OC, South of Thousand Oaks and East of the I.E.

ECNL IMHO, didn't do a great job of spreading the love. 4 teams in OC, one in SD, one in the I.E., one in Thousand Oaks and one in Camarillo. Huge gap north of the OC, South of Thousand Oaks and East of the I.E.
I agree with this. What I meant was ECNL was doing fine when it came to college exposure and producing youth national team players. If they could spread the teams throughout the state, drop clubs and add clubs here and there in CA as well as other states, ECNL could've easily combined with US Soccer to create something great for the girls side.

ECNL finals (u15-17) without any SoCal teams. It looks like dominance at youngers (u10-14) which fades at olders (u15-18). As a Socal parent I find this troubling.

It doesn't fade so stop using the same old argument. Being an Arizona parent you probably missed the fact that 21 Cal South players are in YNT camp right now. I'm going to guess that makes a difference. Also if the dominance fades then why did Slammers win the U18 title? I bet if you asked any college coach if they were restricted to recruiting entirely from one region/country/state then SoCal would be picked damn near 100% of the time.

Here is my estimate:

Everything else past six teams in So Cal depends on geographical travel partners and how deep they want to go this first year
Here is my estimate:

Legends and Carlsbad are both in.

If that is true I am curious as to why. Neither of those clubs did anything prior to ECNL. This is such a sham it isn't even funny.

No disrespect to any of the players for either club. They do have some talented players in both clubs.

If that is true I am curious as to why. Neither of those clubs did anything prior to ECNL. This is such a sham it isn't even funny.

No disrespect to any of the players for either club. They do have some talented players in both clubs.
Ok....staying within those geographical areas, who would you have chosen and why?

I hope they are smarter than that. Carlsbad is too far north to be an option for most SD County players. They would compete with Surf and the South OC families. If it's about money, than Carlsbad should be in. There are no good San Diego clubs for girls right now other than Surf, thanks to Surf.

I don't think it makes that much of a difference because great TEAMS find ways to win. To be honest, I think it is fair to say that not a single player in the current pool will ever make a WNT roster.
Interesting that your trolling is so very unbiased. There are at least 3 across the age groups that will make their respective camp final rosters starting with the u20's and Savana DeMelo.

I don't think it makes that much of a difference because great TEAMS find ways to win. To be honest, I think it is fair to say that not a single player in the current pool will ever make a WNT roster.

Well Ashley Sanchez already attended a WNT camp, so she is pretty dam close.

Interesting that your trolling is so very unbiased. There are at least 3 across the age groups that will make their respective camp final rosters starting with the u20's and Savana DeMelo.
ECNL, is posting that none of the current YNT players will make the Sr team.

Back