Girls Development Academy

RUMORED NEXT TO ANNOUNCE OUT OF GDA IS TOPHAT!

Okay we get it. Your ACTIVELY CHEERING FOR THE DA TO FAIL. Actually I was surprised Eclipse and the other teams leaving ever joined the DA in the first place. After all almost all of the ones leaving were Founding Members from 2009 and help various board positions with ECNL.

“Since being a founding member of the ECNL in 2009, the club has been a first-hand witness to the league’s proven pathway for individual growth and player development."

Must be very special. They used the words Pathway and Development in the same sentence.

Eclipse Select is unquestionably one of the absolute finest female youth soccer clubs in America. Keep making jokes about but when the best clubs leave a league it is like the guy buying all the booze leaving the party. It ain't very long until there isn't a party anymore.

This is not insignificant....

Okay we get it. Your ACTIVELY CHEERING FOR THE DA TO FAIL. Actually I was surprised Eclipse and the other teams leaving ever joined the DA in the first place. After all almost all of the ones leaving were Founding Members from 2009 and help various board positions with ECNL.

I predicted that this would not go smoothly years ago. Don't be mad at those that weren't lemmings. Good luck to you and your player in this confusing time.

It won't be really major until a top Cali or TX club leave the DA. Then the s&%t will hit the fan and floodgates will be open. We will see how this plays out.

Can people give opinions on how you think DA landscape will change for Youngers particularly 2005-2008 age group as far as which clubs would be the best clubs to try to go for .... particularly LA Galaxy Southbay vs. Beach. vs. Slammers. ??? Right now for the older it seems LA Galaxy SB doesn't seem to do well ... but maybe things will change as the Youngers start coming in? Any opinions?

It won't be really major until a top Cali or TX club leave the DA. Then the s&%t will hit the fan and floodgates will be open. We will see how this plays out.

Exactly. Right now it is becoming two regionally strong leagues. Mid West = ECNL, maybe now North East too.

So Cal = DA and Texas = DA

Might as well add to rumor mill Concorde. They are on fence too I hear.

Can people give opinions on how you think DA landscape will change for Youngers particularly 2005-2008 age group as far as which clubs would be the best clubs to try to go for .... particularly LA Galaxy Southbay vs. Beach. vs. Slammers. ??? Right now for the older it seems LA Galaxy SB doesn't seem to do well ... but maybe things will change as the Youngers start coming in? Any opinions?

Assuming Slammers holds onto DA rather than push it off on LAFC directly, I would bet....

1. Beach FC (has shown that they can develop playing a pretty form of possession in recent years)
2. Slammers FC (hopefully you understand the difference between Slammers FC and CDA Scammers FC. One is the genuine article and the other markets the name)
3. LA Galaxy (with 10 years of DA experience and a MLS parent team, has yet to demonstrate any ability to develop talent)

That is my take ONLY taking into account the 3 you mentioned. There are other players in the game but I assume you asked about the 3 you listed based on geographical reasons.

Assuming Slammers holds onto DA rather than push it off on LAFC directly, I would bet....

1. Beach FC (has shown that they can develop playing a pretty form of possession in recent years)
2. Slammers FC (hopefully you understand the difference between Slammers FC and CDA Scammers FC. One is the genuine article and the other markets the name)
3. LA Galaxy (with 10 years of DA experience and a MLS parent team, has yet to demonstrate any ability to develop talent)

That is my take ONLY taking into account the 3 you mentioned. There are other players in the game but I assume you asked about the 3 you listed based on geographical reasons.

The commitment of a club to its players and teams can often be judged by how quickly they make adjustments and put their coaching staff together for the following season. From what I have heard, this is the second year in a row that the LA Galaxy Girls Academy is still undecided on age group coaches going into the second week of May, and have told some it may be June before their staff is set. There really is no such thing as a free lunch.

The commitment of a club to its players and teams can often be judged by how quickly they make adjustments and put their coaching staff together for the following season. From what I have heard, this is the second year in a row that the LA Galaxy Girls Academy is still undecided on age group coaches going into the second week of May, and have told some it may be June before their staff is set. There really is no such thing as a free lunch.
As of this last weekend I know that Albion also has not named their DA coaches for next year and all I hear is how Andre (was supposed to be temporary) wants to stop coaching the teams ASAP.

Interesting to get the perspective of someone who has been part of Boys DA experience.

https://www.socceramerica.com/publi...ns-on-the-development-academys-flaws-the.html

While a bit difficult to get my point across at times, I have repeatedly made the same points here on this board. What is interesting is that here in California, his findings are magnified. With 2 boys and 2 girls, I agree girls feel the effect much more and I don't know the words to express it but Gans said it beautifully, you don't get to share, and nobody knows anything about the 1 thing that defines a lot about who the girl is. In my own experience, and with few exceptions, the one thing that I noticed about DA after the glow of being DA wears off, is that you are left with two groups. The people that are there for free and they have boys that are ballers that came from Mex leagues and other clubs that can't pay big club fees and want more than Mex league exposure and the second group is the group that have boys that don't have the chops and out classed and may or may not know it but are happy to fill out the spot by paying and/or to have bragging rights. What was sad is the majority in it don't know that it is not the pathway as described to them but rather it is more like the bridge to nowhere. It really is sad.

All US Soccer has to do to permanently relegate ECNL to T2 status is to stop selecting kids for National Teams from non-DA clubs. Pretty simple.

All US Soccer has to do to permanently relegate ECNL to T2 status is to stop selecting kids for National Teams from non-DA clubs. Pretty simple.
And what a winner for thinking it is a good idea to hurt kids. DA is not geographically and financially available for everyone.

Interesting to get the perspective of someone who has been part of Boys DA experience.

https://www.socceramerica.com/publi...ns-on-the-development-academys-flaws-the.html
What a great article. Too bad he did not succeed Sunil.

I have a suggestion for improving GDA (and possible DA, but I have no experience on that side of the fence). On game day, a club's GDA teams play in age order at the same facility. It is nice since it makes it easy to see some of the other ages play against the same club. This is not a problem most of the time, but towards the end of the school year this causes many problems for the older players since 4:00 or 5:00 PM games interfere with things like Prom. The older players have already paid their dues, especially the seniors. GDA (and Cal South and any other youth soccer organization) need to be more cognizant of the needs of the older players. Just reversing the game order during the months that have Homecoming and Prom would help.

They know who the coaches are. Just have not announced. I would say all the parents with players on the teams know too.

LAGSB youngers from 09-06 have some talented players. If they decide to stay and play DA they will have a solid core.

Back