Girls Development Academy

Yes, and on top of it all the Frontier division gets the pure age division as a "pilot" program. What is there to pilot other than "politics"!

Speaking of "easy to go off".

Same exact post twice in a seven hour span chop ... seems you're a bit chapped about this. You know, Frontier Division has U16 pilot this year as well ... Guess the piloting continues into perpetuity --

What is it that you believe the devious, thumb twiddling politicians over at USSDA have against the GDA Southwest? Must be a conspiracy? Has to be --

Surely copa you don't believe that the USSDA told this/these DOC(s) that the 03 group would remain solo into their U16 year. Don't ya think that this mighta been speculation spawned from a handsome amount of wishful thinking? If we're honest with ourselves and had to bet on the true origination here, I think we'd err on the pipe dream side of things wouldn't we?

No, I don't think any mandate was given, but after the Chicago meeting and the desire for most of the larger clubs across the country voting to keep '03 age pure....maybe, USSF would listen as '02 was hit hard this season with the same scenario. I will say though, ECNL hasn't missed a step and '02's are getting recruited. However, the college coaches have been honest is saying that it's getting harder to recruit when they are spread so thin and trying to find talent while deciding between all the different showcases, events, etc.

I don't have an '03, but I think it's an injustice to these kids to have to move in a pivotal year. I'm just saying that the majority of DOCs and clubs, got the impression '02 and '03 would be their own teams. Obviously there is some truth to what USSF implied, or they wouldn't be doing a "pilot" program now would they?

No, I don't think any mandate was given, but after the Chicago meeting and the desire for most of the larger clubs across the country voting to keep '03 age pure....maybe, USSF would listen as '02 was hit hard this season with the same scenario. I will say though, ECNL hasn't missed a step and '02's are getting recruited. However, the college coaches have been honest is saying that it's getting harder to recruit when they are spread so thin and trying to find talent while deciding between all the different showcases, events, etc.

I don't have an '03, but I think it's an injustice to these kids to have to move in a pivotal year. I'm just saying that the majority of DOCs and clubs, got the impression '02 and '03 would be their own teams. Obviously there is some truth to what USSF implied, or they wouldn't be doing a "pilot" program now would they?

I certainly agree that the U16 group in SoCal this year and next are getting the shaft considering the circumstances, and am confused myself as to why Frontier is piloting age pure U16s all alone for two straight years. And no doubt a valid concern regarding the college coaches being spread thin ... Especially given that even in it's infancy and in what will be it's least attended Showcase, GDA Winter Showcase drew 415 college coaches and 45 USYNT staff --

We know families at both DPL clubs in San Diego. Is the general feeling about DPL different in OC/LA? I’m just going by what I have heard.
Yah, for the most part. Some wish the competition was a little better. The GDA v ECNL v DPL battle plays out in OC and SD more so than LA and Ventura.

... Especially given that even in it's infancy and in what will be it's least attended Showcase, GDA Winter Showcase drew 415 college coaches and 45 USYNT staff --

45 USYNT staff? So you are saying around 10 coaches/scouts per age group?

US Soccer needs to take a close look at where they are spending their money, if that is true.

45 USYNT staff? So you are saying around 10 coaches/scouts per age group?

US Soccer needs to take a close look at where they are spending their money, if that is true.

Can't argue with you there, but yes ...

8 YNT Coaches, 9 US Soccer Technical Advisors, 28 US Soccer Scouts attended the GDA Winter Showcase -

Can't argue with you there, but yes ...

8 YNT Coaches, 9 US Soccer Technical Advisors, 28 US Soccer Scouts attended the GDA Winter Showcase -

Damn that's a lot of people to find 2-4 players per birth year to make the full WNT in some far off future date.

Am I missing something?

True that! But on the flip side, there were a lot of offers and interest/follow-up calls from Colleges during and after the event. #silverlining

Which is the purpose of the event I thought thus the term showcase. I really hope that everyone keeps an eye on that truth. Even for the girls destined for the senior WNT college is the path for 99.5% of them.

Good luck to you and your player.

From a Burlingame family I have heard that the memo went out yesterday that they are done with DA in June 2018. They will be allowed to finish the season but NOT be allowed to travel to AWAY games.

Albertin Montoya will fully focus on MVLA now....

All Burlingame matches are still scheduled. They return to play in a month.

You are the sole source of this information that they have been removed halfway through the season.

You can believe me or not. Just providing the facts. US Soccer is working on the schedule issues. The question I had, is what happens to games already played by the teams that went up there.

Like what was said if you are traveling up there to play then you were notified yesterday.

Separate email went out to DOC’s.

There are others on the verge. Long Island for one. They Had teams drop from going to showcase the Saturday before.

You can believe me or not. Just providing the facts. US Soccer is working on the schedule issues. The question I had, is what happens to games already played by the teams that went up there.

Like what was said if you are traveling up there to play then you were notified yesterday.

Separate email went out to DOC’s.

There are others on the verge. Long Island for one. They Had teams drop from going to showcase the Saturday before.

Free from bias or injustice from US Soccer (if they have any), all games that Burlingame played previously should be voided. There should be no wiggle room from handing down this decision.

Same exact post twice in a seven hour span chop ... seems you're a bit chapped about this. You know, Frontier Division has U16 pilot this year as well ... Guess the piloting continues into perpetuity --

What is it that you believe the devious, thumb twiddling politicians over at USSDA have against the GDA Southwest? Must be a conspiracy? Has to be --

Being able to keep a team together is a real advantage, having all the 03 DA girls get an extra year of team training four days a week with great coaches, games, having more girls viewed by more college coaches, yes that is an advantage. No doubt that US soccer will find a plausible answer as to why the Frontier division was given this opportunity. And, it is an opportunity and advantage for those girls. Chris, if you attended the US soccer presentation on DA, which since you are so knowledgeable about, you must have, you would know how they (US soccer not DOC's) presented the scenario for these 2003, 2004 girls.

What are they trying to "pilot" exactly? Usually, a pilot program has some type of hypothesis or metric that is being tracked to see if it is successful. Or to prepare for any issues that might arise if they do a full blown rollout. Seems that if US Soccer was going to "pilot" something, it should have been the Birth Year Mandate, Small Sided Games and Build-Out-Line initiatives.

What are they trying to "pilot" exactly? Usually, a pilot program has some type of hypothesis or metric that is being tracked to see if it is successful. Or to prepare for any issues that might arise if they do a full blown rollout. Seems that if US Soccer was going to "pilot" something, it should have been the Birth Year Mandate, Small Sided Games and Build-Out-Line initiatives.

The couple of DOCs who I have talked to never believed the combined age group would last very long. I suspect outside of the pilot divisions next year would be the last year of the combined U15/16 age group.

The U18/19 would remain combined to account for trapped seniors.

Back