Girls development academy

Unless I missed it, it looks like the only clubs in San Diego County are Surf and Carlsbad (I mean LA Galaxy SD). It's too bad they didn't pick a club further south (like Rebels). Would have been nice if they would have distributed it a bit more geographically. (And, no, my kid doesn't play for any of these teams and we are in North San Diego County.)

So the draw will be Surf central to almost everyone, Cbad central to North County and South OC who don't make the cut at Blues. This is a great honor for Cbad, but I don't think they'll get first crack at most girls in town.

I don't quite get why LA premier fc.... They don't seem like a major girls club to me, but maybe i'm mistaken.

I agree, to me they would have been better off with Real Socal if they wanted to cover more of the Northern portion of L.A. Maybe even FC Golden State. But someone at LA premier is probably getting some bonus points for making this happen. I would assume they will become more of a top girls club now with the draw they will be able to pull. Guess time will tell!

It was a Surprise to me as well, though LA Premier seems to put 15-20 girls a year into college soccer on scholarships. They aren't that strong at the younger ages but seem to get better as they get older. They were semi-finalist in last years Surf Cup at U18 and won Premier at u16 and u19. I don't think they have enough HP to get past the Legends, Beach and Carlsbad teams to make a run in the Nationals. They must have several A and B licenses, full time coaches and some revenue to fully fund the DA. They do seem to have a large club with over 50 teams to help fund the DA.

I agree, to me they would have been better off with Real Socal if they wanted to cover more of the Northern portion of L.A. Maybe even FC Golden State. But someone at LA premier is probably getting some bonus points for making this happen. I would assume they will become more of a top girls club now with the draw they will be able to pull. Guess time will tell!

It was a Surprise to me as well, though LA Premier seems to put 15-20 girls a year into college soccer on scholarships. They aren't that strong at the younger ages but seem to get better as they get older. They were semi-finalist in last years Surf Cup at U18 and won Premier at u16 and u19. I don't think they have enough HP to get past the Legends, Beach and Carlsbad teams to make a run in the Nationals. They must have several A and B licenses, full time coaches and some revenue to fully fund the DA. They do seem to have a large club with over 50 teams to help fund the DA.
They have some merit and it being geo-politcal to some extent as well. I'm sure they'll be able to draw some more talent in now. Interesting to see what they do with it.

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...-first-25-clubs-for-girls-development-academy http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2016/07/09/01/09/160709-girls-development-academy-wave-2
Just thought I would post this up since some new teams have been added. Would like to hear other people's take on this whole thing
Hey Willy. Congrats to the Eagles on the DA! I was happy to see that given our 04/05 girls' experience playing your girls. Our 04's have a team camp in Santa Barbara in a week and end it by playing in your club's tournament. Everyone is looking forward to it.

Hey Willy. Congrats to the Eagles on the DA! I was happy to see that given our 04/05 girls' experience playing your girls. Our 04's have a team camp in Santa Barbara in a week and end it by playing in your club's tournament. Everyone is looking forward to it.

Hi Kicking!
I seen a few of the force girls around the fields at our tournament. Hope it turned out to be a good end to your groups trip down south! I know it was hotter than usual for Camarillo standards, but it would have been 15 degrees hotter further inland. We will be up in your neck of the woods for the Mustang cup in a few weeks so maybe we will cross paths up there.

Hi Kicking!
I seen a few of the force girls around the fields at our tournament. Hope it turned out to be a good end to your groups trip down south! I know it was hotter than usual for Camarillo standards, but it would have been 15 degrees hotter further inland. We will be up in your neck of the woods for the Mustang cup in a few weeks so maybe we will cross paths up there.
Hey Willy! Our girls had a great experience at camp and the tournament. We all loved your facility and were extremely jealous of the exceptional natural grass. Your club put on a class event. Thank you.

Yes, you are one of the relatively few clubs from down south making the trek north. If you are playing Surf Cup, it can be quite a grind to play Mustang the next weekend. But, more used to make the trip. It can be hot at Mustang. It's been decent lately and if we continue to get low 80's, I'll be grateful.

Back