Girls 03 ODP

Yes, just with a quick scan, there are the following:
  • Arsenal - 4 players (one is now with Surf ECNL)
  • RSC - 3 players (maybe more?)
  • Slammers - 1 player
  • Strikers - 3 players (and one dual card player)
  • WCFC - 2-3 players (maybe more?)
My favorite part of the list is the amazing center mid for Beach DeMelo - they spelled her name wrong. Good job Hoffman's!

There are 3 or 4 girls with So Cal Blues that are also ECNL.

Many clubs represented:
Real SoCal (5)
Legends FC (4)
Legends FC East Riverside (4)
Fram Miseroy (3)
NFFC (1)
Cz Elite (4)
Blues (14)
Wcfc (8)
Albion (4)
Rebels (4)
WestSide Breakers (3)
Surf (3)
Arsenal (5)
Arsenal SD (1)
LAGSD (4)
IE Surf (9)
Beach (4)
Slammers FC (3)
Strikers (5)
Santa Barbara Sc (5)
DMCV Sharks (4)
CDA Slammers (3)
FC Golden State (3)
Hawks (3)

Does anyone have an idea of why they are holding ODP tryouts during the same weekend as ECNL games? Is it typical for ODP to do that?

I would strongly suggest that any player that is invited to this tryout attend it. My dd and I went last year and I think the experience was well worth the drive and time commitment.

Now that GDA is here and the DA players cannot participate in ODP, I figure there will be some turnover with the traveling roster moving forward.

I feel bad for the ECNL players that have a conflict this weekend with ECNL games. Is it possible that some of these players will blow off their ECNL game for the ODP tryout?

Good luck to all.

Congrats to all 33 Girls selected to advance after this weekend, .... quite a few IE club ladies made the cut...

They made the cuts after two practice/tryout days? From the 03 ODP selection article on the CalSouth website (http://www.calsouth.com/en/news-detail/254-year.2017_254-id.209717828.html#.WP4te0UrI-U), it states that the girls would practice/tryout on 4/22, 4/23 and 4/29. Did they change the rules? My understanding is that all players participate in all of the announced tryout dates, then Hoffman and crew make their final decisions.

Congrats to your dd soccerminion!

They made the cuts after two practice/tryout days? From the 03 ODP selection article on the CalSouth website (http://www.calsouth.com/en/news-detail/254-year.2017_254-id.209717828.html#.WP4te0UrI-U), it states that the girls would practice/tryout on 4/22, 4/23 and 4/29. Did they change the rules? My understanding is that all players participate in all of the announced tryout dates, then Hoffman and crew make their final decisions.

Congrats to your dd soccerminion!

They went from 80 to 33 yesterday. The 33 are back next Saturday where they cut down to the girls that they will invite to the summer camp.

They went from 80 to 33 yesterday. The 33 are back next Saturday where they cut down to the girls that they will invite to the summer camp.
Good luck to the 33 girls and the final cut! Can't wait to see the final roster and dominance of Cal South again this summer.

If my memory serves me they will be inviting all 33 to camp. They will have some that will be invited to Region IV camp. Not sure what they base the selections on. Several girls usually get YNT invites out of this camp. Most of the original 30 or so from my player's YOP camp eventually got called into a YNT camp. Some are tearing it up in college.

If my memory serves me they will be inviting all 33 to camp. They will have some that will be invited to Region IV camp. Not sure what they base the selections on. Several girls usually get YNT invites out of this camp. Most of the original 30 or so from my player's YOP camp eventually got called into a YNT camp. Some are tearing it up in college.

They will only take 18-20 to Ojai

Regional camp is during the same time table this year in Colorado. Will be tough to double dip them both, but as usual some will try.

They will only take 18-20 to Ojai

Regional camp is during the same time table this year in Colorado. Will be tough to double dip them both, but as usual some will try.

When my player went to Ojai it was about 30 players. All that made the second cut from 50 down to 32 or so.

It must have have changed. Last three years only 16-20
A few years ago, they had 2 camps for the top 36 players. #1-18 went to 1 camp and #19-36 went to another. The 19-36 players in my DDs age group use to call it the reject camp.

Back