Girls 03 ODP

This 03 group are special Congrats to all the dds that made the list. I don't get the Stevie Wonder reference.

Can someone clarify how this list is put together? Do coaches make recommendation or only ODP scouts? Would there be other players at training who are not on the list (late adds, prior invitees etc)? This list is only a foot in door, what really counts is getting selected for July, but I have a feeling it is under, if not misrepresented talent in this age group.

Congrats to all of the amazing players that are on the 03 odp list! A lot of talented players from many different clubs. Will there be a lot of "da declines"? Will ecnl players play their "league" games or skip and go to "tryouts" instead? Good luck to all of the dd's fighting for a spot on this awesome CalSouth 03 odp Team!

Did anyone else see Stevie Wonder scouting 03's at National Cup?
Exactly!

I believe it is a similar situation to the '04's where Scouts asked Coaches about DA players and left many off the list for that reason. Some that are on there where on the final team LY so have an automatic bid. But what do I know.....At least one glaring name left off from Beach deMelo.

Can someone clarify how this list is put together? Do coaches make recommendation or only ODP scouts? Would there be other players at training who are not on the list (late adds, prior invitees etc)? This list is only a foot in door, what really counts is getting selected for July, but I have a feeling it is under, if not misrepresented talent in this age group.

What really counts is being selected for the team in the winter that competes for the Region IV championships.

D

DA will certainly affect this process.....
Will the 03 Cal South Odp Team look the same as it did in January? Maybe, with a handful of the same players. Da will affect it greatly giving many other players a great opportunity to be a part of this Team.

Will the 03 Cal South Odp Team look the same as it did in January? Maybe, with a handful of the same players. Da will affect it greatly giving many other players a great opportunity to be a part of this Team.

Sorry but that really isn't that important to me. I wonder what will happen to the DA in a few years when they clean house at US Soccer. It is coming. With all of the teenagers getting to train with the USWNT due to their "success" at the U17 women's world cup come 2019. She better hope she has another miracle saved that she can pull out of her behind and pray that we don't get put into a group of death. Not one of the teenage players they called up recently (not counting Pugh) is a sophisticated player. Smith is an athlete that literally just poaches turnover goals and doesn't create off the dribble. Howell is a turnover machine. Pinto is a turnover machine with a nice shot.

US Soccer has a dubious track record. I wish you good luck.

I would bet that more than half that list will not come due to DA and EcNL and there soon to be future spots on a DA. ODP will be for the younger ages groups before they reach DA age. However congrats to all regardless.

That's because Surf ECNL is their top team. Sharks top team ranked higher than Surf's second team, no totally unheard of.

Are ECNL players in this ODP pool?

Yes, just with a quick scan, there are the following:
  • Arsenal - 4 players (one is now with Surf ECNL)
  • RSC - 3 players (maybe more?)
  • Slammers - 1 player
  • Strikers - 3 players (and one dual card player)
  • WCFC - 2-3 players (maybe more?)
My favorite part of the list is the amazing center mid for Beach DeMelo - they spelled her name wrong. Good job Hoffman's!

Yes, just with a quick scan, there are the following:
  • Arsenal - 4 players (one is now with Surf ECNL)
  • RSC - 3 players (maybe more?)
  • Slammers - 1 player
  • Strikers - 3 players (and one dual card player)
  • WCFC - 2-3 players (maybe more?)
My favorite part of the list is the amazing center mid for Beach DeMelo - they spelled her name wrong. Good job Hoffman's!

The better question is how in the hec that girl didn't make last year's team.

That's because Surf ECNL is their top team. Sharks top team ranked higher than Surf's second team, no totally unheard of.

Are ECNL players in this ODP pool?
New Ecnl players are included if they played in National Cup with their sister Team.

Back