Games spread out over 2-3 days so that the families have to pay double and triple the cost!

sandshark

SILVER ELITE
So Saturday as I am talking to my buddy and he is telling me how he is driving two hours each way to Norco and some other fields all 3 days of his 3-day weekend for CRL . He goes onto say how one kid plays one game per day spread out over the 3 day weekend into Monday and then I tell him we are in the exact same boat!
This is so that the club, coaches and soccer complex can collect more money with coaching per diem, parking fee's and even an over night stay for the coach! WTH is going on here? Saturday and Sunday less than 1/2 the fields were being used at the Silver Lakes complex so they could have easily pushed all games through on Saturday and Sunday!

At the same time playing multiple games in one day is not smart for the kids body and greatly increases the chance of injury. Realistically, kids should have 3 days between games minimum but here you are talking sometimes an hour or two between games. Yes, everything in youth soccer is money driven - you should already know that :).

Kids can play 2 games in one day...
They do it all the time for tournaments
I think it would help if silver lakes would sell annual parking passes.

Kids can play 2 games in one day...
They do it all the time for tournaments
I think it would help if silver lakes would sell annual parking passes.

Kids can play 16 games in one day if the field is lit (or more depending on game duration).
DA girls will no longer do it under the new GDA guidelines.
Every time I enter Silverlakes I tell them they can raise their parking fee a dollar or two and make more revenue from all us koolaiders. We are a captive group.

So Saturday as I am talking to my buddy and he is telling me how he is driving two hours each way to Norco and some other fields all 3 days of his 3-day weekend for CRL . He goes onto say how one kid plays one game per day spread out over the 3 day weekend into Monday and then I tell him we are in the exact same boat!
This is so that the club, coaches and soccer complex can collect more money with coaching per diem, parking fee's and even an over night stay for the coach! WTH is going on here? Saturday and Sunday less than 1/2 the fields were being used at the Silver Lakes complex so they could have easily pushed all games through on Saturday and Sunday!
Then put your kid on a team that doesn't play CRL. Problem solved.

And yes, the discussion about playing too many games a day being bad for players is on point. Olders play 1 game a day all the time.

We entered CRL thinking it was still gonna be played at Birdsall in Temecula, with free parking. Surprise, NOT!!!

Do I see some parents (coaches) on here actually defending the idea that the clubs and CRL are spreading the games over 2-3 days at one game per day for the well being of the children!? Come on really?

CRL play dates are announce prior to Qualifying. Teams, Coaches and parents all know what they are signing up for. The CRL website even goes as far as to state, "if you can't play on these dates, do not register for the league." Is it perfect, far from it! But you can't complain that you didn't know because the information was out there.

By the way, what age group played all 3 days this weekend?

Really??
Tournaments teams play 2 on and 2 or 3
On a Sunday
You are saying they can only play 1 game?? I'm sure you don't complain when your kids are at a tournament and you want them to win that medal.
IMOthe original post was directed to the amount of money parents are spending going for 2 days...
So should state/ national cup be spread out too ? You have knockout rounds 2 or 3 hours apart

Really??
On a Sunday
You are saying they can only play 1 game?? I'm sure you don't complain when your kids are at a tournament and you want them to win that medal.
IMOthe original post was directed to the amount of money parents are spending going for 2 days...
So should state/ national cup be spread out too ? You have knockout rounds 2 or 3 hours apart
You must be a Ulittle parent or have never seen a Monday afternoon game at some of these bigger tournaments. Even great teams look like crap after that many games. CRL is supposed to be about the best teams playing the best soccer to win an opportunity to move on to Regionals, not who has the largest bench, which coach can sub the most or who will win the sludge match at the end of a 2/3 game day. It's been a while, but isn't national cup one game a day still? There's a reason college coaches don't stick around for the last day of games. Its not good soccer

Really??
On a Sunday

How many times are you going to ask the same question?

Really??
On a Sunday
I would prefer it if they only played one game per week, but that is not very realistic. I much prefer one game per day over multiple games in one day. The health of the players is my main concern. Club soccer is expensive unfortunately. Be happy that you're child is able to play and you are able to watch them play. Many people in the world cannot do that. At least your games are not in Lancaster.

I would prefer it if they only played one game per week, but that is not very realistic. I much prefer one game per day over multiple games in one day.
GDA is aiming for 1 game a week format from the looks of it.
The health of the players is my main concern.
We are beating up beautiful players and girls as young as 14 already wearing the same knee braces USC and UCLA football players are wearing. Recovery isn't important.

I'm sure you don't complain when your kids are at a tournament and you want them to win that medal.
There's no point in complaining: many families are far less fortunate.

Our coach has limited the number of U12 tournaments we enter primarily to avoid multiple games on the same day. His son plays USSDA and they follow the one game a day approach. We had a long discussion about this as a team and our parents are all on board.

My daughter has been playing keeper for the last 6 months, so wasn't thinking much about the kids getting tired. Been guest playing to get her some field work, which she enjoys for the change of pace. Starting to notice by the start of the 2nd half of that 2nd game, fatigue becomes a major factor. With fatigue comes an increase in injuries plus sloppy play. Have to agree that 1 game a day would be ideal.

Had a AYSO core team that advanced to sectional playoffs, we had 3 games in one day. Won the the first, but with no bench, the kids looked wiped out the next two games. Felt that we could have beat either team if we were only playing one game per day. Too much money involved for many of these club and AYSO Extra/Select tourneys to have them do something else. 150 teams at $500 per team is the main fund raiser for the year. They do shorten the length of the games a bit, but still doesn't help. Just can't see them holding a tournament over a two weekend time period.

Do I see some parents (coaches) on here actually defending the idea that the clubs and CRL are spreading the games over 2-3 days at one game per day for the well being of the children!? Come on really?

I would tell your team to tank the rest of the games in CRL , because if you win, you go to regionals . That is one game a day and if you do well you can be there 7 days. This year it will be in Seattle.

Back