Games of the Week

We found out. Box2box called it.

Predictions for 2005 National Cup :

Top teams in order : Interesting that the top 2 teams and the next 2 teams are in the same pool -
blind draw for non CRL teams was not the best method

Albion Academy
Strikers # 1
Legends West
Cda Slammers

Contenders that could upset top teams and there always seems to be a few upsets
from teams that have improved since league

TFA
Celtic Harps
La Galaxy
Surf
Laufa

Any other predictions ?

Predictions for 2005 National Cup :

Top teams in order : Interesting that the top 2 teams and the next 2 teams are in the same pool -
blind draw for non CRL teams was not the best method

Albion Academy
Strikers # 1
Legends West
Cda Slammers

Contenders that could upset top teams and there always seems to be a few upsets
from teams that have improved since league

TFA
Celtic Harps
La Galaxy
Surf
Laufa

Any other predictions ?

LA Galaxy seem to be playing very well of late. I could see them making a deep run. And Surf has a very fortunate draw so they do well too.

Unless TFA adds some of the 05s who were playing Academy but have no option for Academy next year at TFA I don't see them being a threat or Celtic Harps.

LAUFA should hold their own and if they're in the bottom half of the bracket could challenge Surf.

In the end, it's still Strikers' tournament to lose. No one has been able to beat them 11 v 11 yet.

Unless TFA adds some of the 05s who were playing Academy but have no option for Academy next year at TFA I don't see them being a threat or Celtic Harps.

I'm not sure what the rules are relating to which Academy players are eligible to play in National Cup.

I " thought " to be eligible to play in any outside tournaments an academy player must be disignated a DP player and play 6 or less games during the academy season. So any player who has already played more then 6 academy games this season would not be eligible .

Perhaps someone who knows the rules could clarify what they actually are. thanks

I'm not sure what the rules are relating to which Academy players are eligible to play in National Cup.

I " thought " to be eligible to play in any outside tournaments an academy player must be disignated a DP player and play 6 or less games during the academy season. So any player who has already played more then 6 academy games this season would not be eligible .

Perhaps someone who knows the rules could clarify what they actually are. thanks

Does Cal South and US Soccer communicate on such things?

Does Cal South and US Soccer communicate on such things?

No its up to the clubs. They have different registration systems and don't share or cross check info. You can be registered in both systems at once for example.

Full time ussda players are not suppose to pay in any outside comps, not that its common but just like HS play you can take a leave and go play and try to come back later or be DP and do both for a while, just not at the same time but nobody is really checking.

No its up to the clubs. They have different registration systems and don't share or cross check info. You can be registered in both systems at once for example.

Full time ussda players are not suppose to pay in any outside comps, not that its common but just like HS play you can take a leave and go play and try to come back later or be DP and do both for a while, just not at the same time but nobody is really checking.

I found the U.S. Soccer Federation's , Development Academy Rules & Regulations 2016-17 .

Section III , D , #4 ( pg 4 )
"Academy Clubs may not permit any Academy Player to participate on a non-Academy team during the Academy Season. Academy Clubs will be held accountable for the actions of their players. "

Section III , D , #5 ( pg 4 )
" Players who participate in high school soccer are ineligible to participate in Academy practice and competition during that same season. "

Section VI, C, 3 , d ( pg 9 & pg 10 )
" A Developmental Player must be a currently registered player on an Academy Club’s non-Academy team and must be registered with that Academy Club between August 1 and March 1 of the current Academy season. "

" A Developmental Player may appear in a maximum of six (6) Academy games per season."
It appears a Developmental Player is eligible to play in non academy competitions but full time academy players are not.

Now this is per Academy rules , not as far as I can tell National Cup rules.
But it would be pretty foolish for any club to risk their standing with the U.S. Soccer Academy by breaking the Academy rules on using full time academy players for outside competition , even National Cup.

Unless TFA adds some of the 05s who were playing Academy but have no option for Academy next year at TFA I don't see them being a threat.

If TFA wins it all and a blonde girl scores most of their goals, it will be a pretty clear signal how they feel about the DA rules.

Players leave the academy during the transfer windows so the can play HS or other comps and there are exceptions granted if you get pre approval, happens every season

Boca should easily win out in group. The farthest they go is losing to Legends in the quarters.
If it ends there for us losing to Legends in quarters, I would consider that a good run. Legends is a good team . Finishing top 8 would be good considering this team has been together for only 10 months with the exception of 4 or 5 players.

Strikers 4-0 over Albion. When this tourney began I figured this was similar to the old days of golf when Tiger was winning all the big ones. Strikers or the field? I'm leaning toward the field, several good teams that can challenge, and even the best team needs a bounce or two to get through. But, man is that team tough....

Strikers 4-0 over Albion. When this tourney began I figured this was similar to the old days of golf when Tiger was winning all the big ones. Strikers or the field? I'm leaning toward the field, several good teams that can challenge, and even the best team needs a bounce or two to get through. But, man is that team tough....

Wow... didn't see this result coming, not all second place teams will be guaranteed to go thru, this could be bad for Albion

Wow... didn't see this result coming, not all second place teams will be guaranteed to go thru, this could be bad for Albion
Agreed. Corinthians is not easy to score on, tough to count on full points against them. Albion better bring it. Wanted to see the BF310 team play, curious how they did against Strikers South Coast.

Back