Games of the week 18-19....

Ok a most interesting comparison considering the player in question is by far the best player on the San Diego SC SCDSL Club. He basically runs the whole team from the back. Don't get me wrong as the SDSC team is strong but they are definitely taking advantage of the system here...

Never seen them play but of course has to be like that.

Call it gaming the system or whatever but what surprises the most is there is two different clubs with different coaches involved who think this is ok? good example for all there normal paying players & customers?

The measues and steps some take to try to win youth sporting events is ridiculous sometimes.

These are regular season league games.

Who's rules are you referring to? Cal south and DSL have there own set of rules especially on the same day.

Rules or not how is that reasonably for the rest of the players on those teams ? Taking advantage of loopholes to try to win more games sends what message to the players?
The two games that you refer to were on different days and the DSL rules are clear that ECNl is not part of CAL South, so what is the infraction that you are seeing. The kid plays another game for another team with the risk of getting hurt and that somehow benefits his home team?

upload_2018-10-22_12-5-33.png

Ok a most interesting comparison considering the player in question is by far the best player on the San Diego SC SCDSL Club. He basically runs the whole team from the back. Don't get me wrong as the SDSC team is strong but they are definitely taking advantage of the system here...
I fail to see how SDSC is getting any benefit from letting one of their players play for an ECNL team.

The two games that you refer to were on different days and the DSL rules are clear that ECNl is not part of CAL South, so what is the infraction that you are seeing. The kid plays another game for another team with the risk of getting hurt and that somehow benefits his home team?

Look back to my original question? Why would your coach go along with this scheme in the first place?

Infraction or not of some loophole, why would anybody do this unless they thought it would give an advantage?

I regards to the ECNL club loyality rules don't know the specifics and there might be a loophole there as well for FT players from different clubs outside of discovery rules.

Galaxy played 02's + 04's and the former strikers 04' scored the winner 1-0 late

2003 Galaxy Players participated in U16 group @ the 2018 Istria Youth Cup in in Croatia

Thrilling come back 3-3 to draw Slavia Prague
Draw Red Bulls Salzburg 1-1
Defeated FC Barcelona 2-1 w/ Xavi Simons as their captain
Lost to Dinamo Zagreb 5-1 in the 3rd place match:
Some footage from Slavia:

Back to this weeks game, not many in DA but:
FC Golden State U-16/17 vs Strikers FC U-16/17

CSL looks like a three team race at the top:
SANTA BARBARA SC ELITE vs OXNARD UNITED SC

DSL 5th vs 2nd:
San Diego Soccer Club B2003 Academy Navy vs Pateadores - LA B2003

Three top games to watch in DSL- Arsenal USSDA vs SDSC and Strikers South Coast vs, Strikers Irvine 2003 DA and LAGSD vs. PATS LA. Big surprise that Surf vs. LAGSD ended in tie. They both do screwy this with their rosters. It will be a race to see who finishes 1 and 2. I don't think that Strikers South Coast can be caught. Second place is still up in the air.

CSL- Oxnard vs. Albion

16/17 DA- FC golden state vs. Surf

Banana Hammock nicely done. Good info on the DSL race

Golden State is tops in DA so far and Surf is fighting for the playoffs so should be a good one. Kind of choppy this year in DA where some teams have only played 4 games so far & get a total of 7-8 before the break. The spring half of the season is much more loaded with games

The other thing going on this weekend is the CSL league cup in this AG, round of 32 & 16:
https://www.coastsoccer.com/2018/LC15B.HTM

Can't say which games of those might be GOTW candidates (haven't seen any of the teams play) but there is usually some good ones in the knockout rounds with OT, PK's and the like possible.

My player teams is a composite of two age groups with many olders who get more of the game time but the training and scrimmages are good & keeps them busy. First time he wasn't been a starter but gets into the game evenutally. Playing another HS sports also he seems to be fine with the situation but there talking about regrouping in spring and forming a pure age group teams to play in some comps.

What Galaxy is doing in DA (30+) on the roster and Surf (30+) on two different rosters in DSL amounts to gaming or manipulating the system. They seem to skirt the roster limits and do as they please but this appears to be a self serving scam that actually hurts the competition. Teams play big $ to play in DSL for example and once surf didn't get off to good start they decided to play down and shift players to flight 1 where they where struggling while there discovery team was basically downgraded since they have no chance at the top spots. DSL committee should takes notice of these shenanigans and consider that when they considering teams for this division next season.

That's not true at all, at least for Surf. You don't know what you are talking about. The coach set the rosters before the league started, it had nothing to do with moving guys around due to results. He will tell you he doesn't care about results. He wants guys to get lots of playing time and to get better. That's why there's a big total roster split into two teams, so everyone plays a ton of minutes. He was very up front about this before the season. He intentionally shifts the rosters to put a few of the stronger guys on a less strong team to learn how to carry a team and will put some of the not strong guys with a stronger team to learn to play at a quicker pace. He has been really consistent doing this and all of the top "DA" guys haven't been on one team since league started. I appreciate it. I don't care about a league title. Or a tournament title. We've won all of those and it means nothing. I want my kid to get tons of playing time and get better, which is the stated goal of our coach preseason, and what he has been adhering to. He is looking for the teams to do certain things and if they do them, win or lose, he's happy. He's very specific in what he's looking for as he knows what the kids and team needs to be good over the long term. We've won games playing super ugly and direct and he's not happy and lost games playing great soccer but making a tactical or technical mistake (or just getting outplayed) and he's ecstatic with the kids. My kid has learned a lot and gotten better from this setup and playing with guys maybe a level or so up from him and being forced to play a whole game at a tougher level.

You don't have to make everything some top secret, conspiracy to game the system or get one over on the rest of us. At u16 aren't we past all that? Surf isn't perfect, nor is any other club we have been at. But instead of making it this black ops scenario, just ask.

That's not true at all, at least for Surf. You don't know what you are talking about. The coach set the rosters before the league started, it had nothing to do with moving guys around due to results. He will tell you he doesn't care about results. He wants guys to get lots of playing time and to get better. That's why there's a big total roster split into two teams, so everyone plays a ton of minutes. He was very up front about this before the season. He intentionally shifts the rosters to put a few of the stronger guys on a less strong team to learn how to carry a team and will put some of the not strong guys with a stronger team to learn to play at a quicker pace. He has been really consistent doing this and all of the top "DA" guys haven't been on one team since league started. I appreciate it. I don't care about a league title. Or a tournament title. We've won all of those and it means nothing. I want my kid to get tons of playing time and get better, which is the stated goal of our coach preseason, and what he has been adhering to. He is looking for the teams to do certain things and if they do them, win or lose, he's happy. He's very specific in what he's looking for as he knows what the kids and team needs to be good over the long term. We've won games playing super ugly and direct and he's not happy and lost games playing great soccer but making a tactical or technical mistake (or just getting outplayed) and he's ecstatic with the kids. My kid has learned a lot and gotten better from this setup and playing with guys maybe a level or so up from him and being forced to play a whole game at a tougher level.

You don't have to make everything some top secret, conspiracy to game the system or get one over on the rest of us. At u16 aren't we past all that? Surf isn't perfect, nor is any other club we have been at. But instead of making it this black ops scenario, just ask.

Good for your player..

Having 10-11 player's "suspended" every week on mutiple teams because roster limits are not being followed might not be the appropriate way to manage things and nobody else is doing this. Some of the moves maybe coincidental like you mentioned even if the results seem to follow a pattern.

DSL is likely the only league where this much roster shifting happens ever week, just think about it if all the teams did this? Do you feel it's reasonable for one club to roster players on mutiple teams like what surf has done?

Question for you guys, do Bottom teams in the Discovery league get relegated ?
How do other flight 1 teams move up to Discovery?

My son's team flight 1 Europa team is in the playoffs and we are now going to play the top 4 champions teams. I was wondering if there's a way to score points to get approved to Discovery and skip Champions altogether.

My son's team flight 1 Europa team is in the playoffs and we are now going to play the top 4 champions teams. I was wondering if there's a way to score points to get approved to Discovery and skip Champions altogether.
Be careful what you wish for as skipping over an ENTIRE flight is a BIG step up for any team unless you've added players that are used to playing in the higher tiers. Trust me... Discovery is NO joke. There is some fierce competition in there...

Double jump? Doing well in the playoffs would help.

You would hope there is some type of pro/rel say bottom 2-3 but for what I read teams are selected by committee but seems new, one offs get in so depends on the club pull & committee votes. Doing well in big tournments would be another talking point.

For those teams in discovery taking the top two spots & prize money where do they go from there? National leagues or something else? Playing the same teams in same league again next year for the top teams doesn't seem like a promotion?

Three top games to watch in DSL- Arsenal USSDA vs SDSC and Strikers South Coast vs, Strikers Irvine 2003 DA and LAGSD vs. PATS LA. Big surprise that Surf vs. LAGSD ended in tie. They both do screwy this with their rosters. It will be a race to see who finishes 1 and 2. I don't think that Strikers South Coast can be caught. Second place is still up in the air.

CSL- Oxnard vs. Albion

Any feedback on the games?

CSL- Oxnard vs. Albion

DSL- Probably the most anticipated game was Strikers vs Strikers and ended in tie. That only serves to make the final week of league more of a toss up. SDSC vs Arsenal was good game. Not many penalties and both teams played fast soccer. SDSC has been playing very good soccer this last half of the season. I still think that Striker South Coast will take first place. Second is still up for grabs. If I had to bet I would go with PATS. They play the bottom of the league, an upset is unlikely. No upset for Strikers South Coast or Strikers Irvine. Best games will be SDSC vs Laguna and Galaxy vs Arsenal. Laguna has under performed from last year and Arsenal has played the easier side of the league. So Predict Strikers South Coast first and Pats LA second.

I would have liked to see a longer season where all the teams got to play each other. We would have gotten a true ranking of these teams. I look forward to national cup and getting to play the CSL premier teams. Overall, I was pleased with the level of competition in the DSL. It will be interesting who gets in next year and if the competition gets better.

CSL- Oxnard vs Boca.
This weeks game was a disaster for Albion.

I have not heard anything at all about promo/releg. But I will agree with ReVolted, the competition was stiff and jumping a whole league is probably not realistic.

I have not heard anything at all about promo/releg. But I will agree with ReVolted, the competition was stiff and jumping a whole league is probably not realistic.

The top two teams from Champions (Pats SCV and LA Breakers) are automatically placed into Discovery next season. I'm not sure about relegation for the bottom two teams. I do know that the top two teams are still slated to play in the playoffs this weekend but not sure why they are even playing if they've already got their slots.

DSL- Probably the most anticipated game was Strikers vs Strikers and ended in tie. That only serves to make the final week of league more of a toss up. SDSC vs Arsenal was good game. Not many penalties and both teams played fast soccer. SDSC has been playing very good soccer this last half of the season. I still think that Striker South Coast will take first place. Second is still up for grabs. If I had to bet I would go with PATS. They play the bottom of the league, an upset is unlikely. No upset for Strikers South Coast or Strikers Irvine. Best games will be SDSC vs Laguna and Galaxy vs Arsenal. Laguna has under performed from last year and Arsenal has played the easier side of the league. So Predict Strikers South Coast first and Pats LA second.

I would have liked to see a longer season where all the teams got to play each other. We would have gotten a true ranking of these teams. I look forward to national cup and getting to play the CSL premier teams. Overall, I was pleased with the level of competition in the DSL. It will be interesting who gets in next year and if the competition gets better.

CSL- Oxnard vs Boca.
This weeks game was a disaster for Albion.

CSL league cup some surprises in the sweet 16 several PR teams knocked out quarters has some interesting ones
https://www.coastsoccer.com/2018/LC15B.HTM

Rematch of last year's national cup final:
BOCA JRS LA B03 PREMIER vs TOTAL FUTBOL ACADEMY PR

Winner plays Oxnard vs AC Brea winner.

Next day Oxnard vs Boca. For the CSL premiere championships

In DSL Strikers FC - South Coast B03 already champions due to point led, beating 2nd place team among other things but 2nd place is up for grabs however Pat's LA can wrap that up with a W.

The top two teams from Champions (Pats SCV and LA Breakers) are automatically placed into Discovery next season. I'm not sure about relegation for the bottom two teams. I do know that the top two teams are still slated to play in the playoffs this weekend but not sure why they are even playing if they've already got their slots.

Interesting was that info posted somewhere or just passed along in a monthly meeting or something by coaches?

Does the same go for top 2 Europa to Champ?

Some teams are bound to get moved down also to make room normally unless you end up with more teams than games.

yesterday game between Strikers South Coast and Strikers Chingirian was one hell of a game. In a hard-fought match that saw both teams get their chances. Strikers South Coast and Strikers
DA Chingirian teams ended in a 0-0 tie.
It was a battle of great defenses from the start as both Strikers South Coast and Strikers Chingirian weren’t giving up much ground. Strikers South Coast controlled most of the first half down in Chingiran end but was unable to score even with very close chances. Throughout the entire game, both teams played defensively moving the ball on both sides of the field. However, the first half was more of quick plays and playing defensively rather than the second half which was more on the aggressive side for both teams displayed great pressure and defense. During the second half of the game, many fouls and missed calls were seen and no call from the referee did not help both teams. Strikers South Coast at this point, became eager to score and started to play more offensively causing fouls and costing them shots to score. Towards the end of the game, both teams played with frustration making the game more interesting to watch yet still competitive. both teams fought hard with the little time they had causing the game to become more physical. Both teams leaving the field with the final score of 0-0

Back