Games of the week 18-19....

I’ll argue that the current SCDSL Discovery is the toughest group at this age. All but a few mis places team are making it a war week after week. The top 4 CSL teams are solid but the comp get weaker after that.

South Coast is made up of the LAUFA DA which most left with some added solid players- best team at the age IMO- Boca LA is the old LAUFA reserve group (also solid).

This will change next year when many of these players recenter DAs as the olders of the age bracket. Then CSL will be on top again
Youre kidding right? Pats LA is currently on top of the ladder in Discovery. They're a pay to play team that can't even hang with CSL Gold teams. Stop talking nonsense already. Jeez.

Youre kidding right? Pats LA is currently on top of the ladder in Discovery. They're a pay to play team that can't even hang with CSL Gold teams. Stop talking nonsense already. Jeez.

Pats LA is 4th and added several top players. Also, they have played 3 of the weaker teams in SCDSL play. Oxnard and Boca LA are top teams. The others would be no higher than middle of the pack team in this league
upload_2018-10-11_19-15-23.png
upload_2018-10-11_19-15-23.jpeg

Santa Barbara is 3rd in CSL Premeir standing

This was the score in national cup QF

Pateadores LA B2003
Santa Barbara S.C. B2003Premier

Pats LA is 4th and added several top players. Also, they have played 3 of the weaker teams in SCDSL play. Oxnard and Boca LA are top teams. The others would be no higher than middle of the pack team in this league

Once you take out all the LAUFAs and the ECNLs from the top 20 on YSR for Socal you have 16 CSL and 4 SCDSL, so objectively CSL is head and shoulders more competitive than SCDSL this year in this age group.

I didn't give CSL any LAUFA in the top 20 and I also removed Guadalajara (CSL) so I tried to make it as fair as possible.

16 - 4.

Once you take out all the LAUFAs and the ECNLs from the top 20 on YSR for Socal you have 16 CSL and 4 SCDSL, so objectively CSL is head and shoulders more competitive than SCDSL this year in this age group.

I didn't give CSL any LAUFA in the top 20 and I also removed Guadalajara (CSL) so I tried to make it as fair as possible.

16 - 4.

Having seen several games in the age group both leagues there are style differences but the teams at the top are very close to on a competitive level IMO.

CSL premiere has the more established teams that have general been together longer and DSL has more new or one off teams. like somebody mentioned the middle teams in CSL might be more competitive vs some of the other leagues and it's hard to argue that. Beyond that pretty similar unless your talking about DA. You also have to consider DSL team are not necessarily stacked or need to win all the time thus some teams have more kids playing up, shorter rosters, and may be playing kids to develop more in different position or giving more time to everyone.

Ysr ranking are kind of a jumble, they have good record keeping for CSL, gotsoccer and the Cal south events. Not so much for DSL, DA, and us club events and it really needs managers be active with the data cleanup, merges, etc and a lot of them don't care or bother so while I look at them I take them as incidental footnote as opposed to a true objective measuring stick.

/ rant

I dunno but I wish that usys/Cal south, usclub/,ecnl, npl, super y, Ussda would all get together and work something out so there basically not competing or cannibalizing against one another every year. We need a one nation plan not everybody's in it for themselves like it is now.
/Rant off

Longer term development can be hard to see week-to-week, the fall sesson can be so short that results can dominate the conversation but from my pov I want to see Improvement from my player, always nice to see a team in good standings but individual player development is more important to me

/ rant

I dunno but I wish that usys/Cal south, usclub/,ecnl, npl, super y, Ussda would all get together and work something out so there basically not competing or cannibalizing against one another every year. We need a one nation plan not everybody's in it for themselves like it is now.
/Rant off

Longer term development can be hard to see week-to-week, the fall sesson can be so short that results can dominate the conversation but from my pov I want to see Improvement from my player, always nice to see a team in good standings but individual player development is more important to me
I 2nd your rant. But you forgot high school and college soccer. Tons of hard work and resources about to get wasted.

View attachment 3276
View attachment 3277
View attachment 3276
View attachment 3277
interesting, schedules shows PATS LA playing top 3 team so far.
1 strikers SC 03
3 strikers Irvine DA
4 PATS LA
5 Real so cal ADT
9 Temecula
13 SD Surf academy

In DA GSA 5-2 Arsenal to go to near the top of the standings. The schedule is kind of choppy this year in DA, having weeks between league games is different. Another SW/NW match week:

Saturday, October 13 2018
Silicon Valley Soccer Academy U-16/17 vs San Diego Surf U-16/17

Around the half way point for CSL and DSL.

In CLS... Oxnard Lost 3-2 to FC GOLDEN STATE 2003 but are 5 pts clear of the 2nd Place Boca Jrs but gets tight after that with #4-12 separated by just a few points.

COLTON AMERICA SC ACADEMY vs TOTAL FUTBOL ACADEMY

DSL has some close game(s) with a 10-0 Blowout? Guess its like CLS somewhat where you have some teams maybe out of there element at the bottom of the standings.

San Diego Soccer Club B2003 Academy Navy vs Strikers FC - South Coast B03

San Diego Soccer Club B2003 Academy Navy 3-1 Strikers FC - South Coast B03

Saw the DSL game. looks like SDSC has finally found their rhythm after a strong finish last year and a slow start this year. Strikers were over confident from the 10-0 blowout. The competition is pretty good, only five points separate the top 7 teams. Pats looks like they may be moving to number one spot soon. Game to watch next week:

Pateadores - LA B2003 vs Arsenal FC 2003 USSDA

Real So Cal B2003 ADT vs LA Galaxy San Diego B2003 Elite/Ritchie

San Diego Soccer Club B2003 Academy Navy 3-1 Strikers FC - South Coast B03

Saw the DSL game. looks like SDSC has finally found their rhythm after a strong finish last year and a slow start this year. Strikers were over confident from the 10-0 blowout. The competition is pretty good, only five points separate the top 7 teams. Pats looks like they may be moving to number one spot soon. Game to watch next week:

Pateadores - LA B2003 vs Arsenal FC 2003 USSDA

Real So Cal B2003 ADT vs LA Galaxy San Diego B2003 Elite/Ritchie
From what I've seen Arsenal seems to be the most consistent team. I wouldn't count them out!

It's too bad Arsenal and Strikers don't play each other during league. Very surprised SDSC beat Strikers South Coast. Not a knock on SDSC, but I think Strikers is that much better than most in Discovery. Seems like there have been more surprises in Coast Premier this season. Oxnard and Boca LA Premier are the top 2 teams and I think they would also be top 2 or 3 in Discovery. Seems to me like there has been some good league competition in both leagues.

Question - Im still in the learning phase in all of these leagues. My son plays in Coast Premier, FCGS. Do these boys actually get seen during seasonal games, or are they looked at more by recruiters/coaches at showcase tournaments? Or are they even viewed at all at this age? Or is it basically just DA players that get any attention? (sorry, like I said, im still learning)

Question - Im still in the learning phase in all of these leagues. My son plays in Coast Premier, FCGS. Do these boys actually get seen during seasonal games, or are they looked at more by recruiters/coaches at showcase tournaments? Or are they even viewed at all at this age? Or is it basically just DA players that get any attention? (sorry, like I said, im still learning)

Higher profile Tournaments or Showcases like the Surf College one during the tday weekend will get your player some possible exposure.

League games this time of year not likely but can always have you player contact those coaches and invite them if they just happen to be around? or let them know they are playing in some showcases and the details.

> True on Strikers losing to SDSC... kind of a shocker considering SDSC lost to Slammers Reserves.

> Also worth noting is that if you look closely at the top 5 in Discovery 3 of the top 5 are from DA plus Strikers South Coast. Only Pats LA who was mid pack in the Champions League last year is currently in the top 5. Laguna, San Diego SC, Vargas and Pats Reserve who were the top teams in Champions last year are all sitting in the middle of the pack in Discovery.

> True on Strikers losing to SDSC... kind of a shocker considering SDSC lost to Slammers Reserves.

> Also worth noting is that if you look closely at the top 5 in Discovery 3 of the top 5 are from DA plus Strikers South Coast. Only Pats LA who was mid pack in the Champions League last year is currently in the top 5. Laguna, San Diego SC, Vargas and Pats Reserve who were the top teams in Champions last year are all sitting in the middle of the pack in Discovery.

It's actually 4 of 5 that are mainly DA teams, Strikers South Coast has a strong LAUFA DA base and complimented by Pats, Strikers, Arsenal, Barca Academy DA program players.

Also I know for a fact Surf has been toggling their Discovery League and Champions rosters around. They started the league with their DA roster for the first 3 games, then they switched to their champions rosters for the next 2, and brought back their DA roster last week against arsenal. An important thing to remember is that many of these DA teams are not at full strength, some of their top players are playing up in the USSDA League.

It's actually 4 of 5 that are mainly DA teams, Strikers South Coast has a strong LAUFA DA base and complimented by Pats, Strikers, Arsenal, Barca Academy DA program players.

Also I know for a fact Surf has been toggling their Discovery League and Champions rosters around. They started the league with their DA roster for the first 3 games, then they switched to their champions rosters for the next 2, and brought back their DA roster last week against arsenal. An important thing to remember is that many of these DA teams are not at full strength, some of their top players are playing up in the USSDA League.
Surf and LAG both have rosters of 23+ players. LAG rosters the top 18 for each week and the rest play 2002, 2003 second team. There is a lot of PO'ed parents on that team. Rumor is that they are hoarding players for next year when they think they will get DA status. Surf does the same thing but they keep the two rosters together, shifting after several games per roster.

Surf and LAG both have rosters of 23+ players. LAG rosters the top 18 for each week and the rest play 2002, 2003 second team. There is a lot of PO'ed parents on that team. Rumor is that they are hoarding players for next year when they think they will get DA status. Surf does the same thing but they keep the two rosters together, shifting after several games per roster.

My player teams is a composite of two age groups with many olders who get more of the game time but the training and scrimmages are good & keeps them busy. First time he wasn't been a starter but gets into the game evenutally. Playing another HS sports also he seems to be fine with the situation but there talking about regrouping in spring and forming a pure age group teams to play in some comps.

What Galaxy is doing in DA (30+) on the roster and Surf (30+) on two different rosters in DSL amounts to gaming or manipulating the system. They seem to skirt the roster limits and do as they please but this appears to be a self serving scam that actually hurts the competition. Teams play big $ to play in DSL for example and once surf didn't get off to good start they decided to play down and shift players to flight 1 where they where struggling while there discovery team was basically downgraded since they have no chance at the top spots. DSL committee should takes notice of these shenanigans and consider that when they considering teams for this division next season.

Back