G2010...how’s the season going 2019?

Eagles vs Ole 9-15-19.

OLÉ looked to own the first half playing physical but the eagles adjusted and played like a different stronger team from the start of the second moving pieces around. Wouldn't be supprised if Olé wins the rubber match playing that physical style of soccer. The only thing you and I have in common is wanting to see Eagles teams lose.

Ole brought it. Tried to “find the weak side” and “flipping the birds”. Stay classy Ole you have a good team. Don’t let your coach and team manager ruin it.

@Dontknowsoccer how did the SDSC vs Legends game go?
SDSC 3 legends 1
Great game great soccer. Legends and SDSC were tied 1-1 at half. Legends missed a few 1v1s in the second half and a couple mistakes led to two goals from SDSC but super fun game to watch. Excited to watch the next game between them down in SD. Legends could’ve had it but SDSC have 2 very special players but legends was extremely organized and combined and found great passes and their forwards are very very good just didn’t execute this weekend. Great seeing the development though in youth soccer between those 2 teams.

SDSC 3 legends 1
Great game great soccer. Legends and SDSC were tied 1-1 at half. Legends missed a few 1v1s in the second half and a couple mistakes led to two goals from SDSC but super fun game to watch. Excited to watch the next game between them down in SD. Legends could’ve had it but SDSC have 2 very special players but legends was extremely organized and combined and found great passes and their forwards are very very good just didn’t execute this weekend. Great seeing the development though in youth soccer between those 2 teams.

Great to here about the game and looking forward to watch or here about the game in round 2 in SD.

I heard Legends forwards are really good as well but SDSC is pretty organized unit.

OLÉ looked to own the first half playing physical but the eagles adjusted and played like a different stronger team from the start of the second moving pieces around. Wouldn't be supprised if Olé wins the rubber match playing that physical style of soccer. The only thing you and I have in common is wanting to see Eagles teams lose.

We played the same way when we went out to Super Copa and beat the best team in Texas. When the other team has big athletic players, the coach encourages them to be physical. I think if we play the Blues in the future we would take the same approach with them. But the game I’m really interested in seeing is Ole vs SDSC. That’s the type of game and matchup that truly reflects the soccer we strive to play. I hope this coming Surf tournament we get the chance to play one of those 2 teams.

After viewing this game on film, I found it very disheartening to see how this ref just gave the goal away to the Eagles, by not calling offsides on the second goal. The game should have been at best a draw.

I watched the game and to me, the video has no way of proving offside or not, primarily because the view of the Eagles forward is blocked by two Ole players, and also because you cannot see the forward in relation to the build-out line. The Ref had a good view of it, so it's possible that the Eagles forward had not crossed the build-out line until the ball was played. I can see the white line running from the right and it looks at least possible that she had not yet crossed it. Still, there's no way to tell definitively.

Otherwise, outside of the "color" commentary (lol) that was a good watch. The Ole girls played them tough and should be proud of that performance.

I watched the game and to me, the video has no way of proving offside or not, primarily because the view of the Eagles forward is blocked by two Ole players, and also because you cannot see the forward in relation to the build-out line. The Ref had a good view of it, so it's possible that the Eagles forward had not crossed the build-out line until the ball was played. I can see the white line running from the right and it looks at least possible that she had not yet crossed it. Still, there's no way to tell definitively.

Otherwise, outside of the "color" commentary (lol) that was a good watch. The Ole girls played them tough and should be proud of that performance.

That’s a good point. It’s questionable. Not trying to take anything away from the Eagles. It was a pretty even close game. Both teams fought hard and played hard. Both teams had their chances. My DD missed her 3 clear opportunities she had 2 runs and that free kick. Defensively she was solid and I’m proud of her performance. Can’t wait for the rematch.

Last edited:
We played the same way when we went out to Super Copa and beat the best team in Texas. When the other team has big athletic players, the coach encourages them to be physical. I think if we play the Blues in the future we would take the same approach with them. But the game I’m really interested in seeing is Ole vs SDSC. That’s the type of game and matchup that truly reflects the soccer we strive to play. I hope this coming Surf tournament we get the chance to play one of those 2 teams.

It would be nice to see Ole play SDSC or Blues but I have a feeling it could happen in the finals. Normally Surf Committee has Eagles, Blues, SDSC in the same bracket play to eliminate on of the teams. Surf teams tends to have the easier path the semis etc. I’m sure they will put Ole in their pool and SDSC and Blues in the other.

It would be nice to see Ole play SDSC or Blues but I have a feeling it could happen in the finals. Normally Surf Committee has Eagles, Blues, SDSC in the same bracket play to eliminate on of the teams. Surf teams tends to have the easier path the semis etc. I’m sure they will put Ole in their pool and SDSC and Blues in the other.

First time we did Surf last year we got to the second round and got knocked out by Slammers Cruz when they had that better team before they lost a couple of key players to the Blues. Earlier this year when we went down south for Man City we got knocked out by the Eagles in the second round. But in my opinion the team was not as strong back then as it is today. We’ve added a couple of key players. 2 of the best players from FC Valencia after the team broke up. Our best striker who did not play against Eagles yesterday and solid athletic defender who is now the starting right back on the team. A team goalie and just recently a defender who had been playing up 09 for Real SoCal. Made us a definitely more physical team now. Excited to go down south to compete against the best teams out there.

I dont think the blues have any former slammers cruz players

I could be wrong then. But that’s what I heard they lost 2 key players. From what I could remember, the old Cruz team had a very dynamic midfielder and a real good defender that I did not see the last time we played them a few weeks ago. I was expecting a battle but the way our strikers were breaking down that defense to score made me realize it was not that same team. I remember that Cruz team tying the eagles at Surf and losing in penalties against them.

Last edited:
Absolutely ridiculous. I had to mute the game and now delete the video because people can’t focus on just watching the game and assume because certain terms and or words used in the game have some sort of negative connotation. For your information finding the weak side has nothing to do with passing the ball to the side with the weakest player. It’s a term used by the club to find the side of the field with the least amount of pressure to hit the switch. Last time I ever post a video on this forum. Way too many sensitive people on here assuming things. I uploaded the game because there was interest from some of you to see this matchup, never meant for this to turn into a he said, she said war. Grow up folks and just learn to enjoy a good game. Who cares what he said, she said.

Absolutely ridiculous. I had to mute the game and now delete the video because people can’t focus on just watching the game and assume because certain terms and or words used in the game have some sort of negative connotation. For your information finding the weak side has nothing to do with passing the ball to the side with the weakest player. It’s a term used by the club to find the side of the field with the least amount of pressure to hit the switch. Last time I ever post a video on this forum. Way too many sensitive people on here assuming things. I uploaded the game because there was interest from some of you to see this matchup, never meant for this to turn into a he said, she said war. Grow up folks and just learn to enjoy a good game. Who cares what he said, she said.

@Luis Andres what happened?

A handful of people getting upset about some of the words heard in the video things like finding the weak side. Assuming we are referring to weak players versus strong players and thought it was offensive asked to pull the video out and threaten to report it. I believe someone mentioned a comment earlier and they all tagged on that like it was fact and that it was what we were actually referring to.

Last edited:
A handful of people getting upset about some of the words heard in the video things like finding the weak side. Assuming we are referring to weak players versus strong players and thought it was offensive asked to pull the video out and threaten to report it. I believe someone mentioned a comment earlier and they all tagged on that like it was fact and that it was what we were actually referring to.
@Luis Andres thank you for posting it. There are people that enjoy watching games without being an idiot about things said during the game.

I could be wrong then. But that’s what I heard they lost 2 key players. From what I could remember, the old Cruz team had a very dynamic midfielder and a real good defender that I did not see the last time we played them a few weeks ago. I was expecting a battle but the way our strikers were breaking down that defense to score made me realize it was not that same team. I remember that Cruz team tying the eagles at Surf and losing in penalties against them.

Cruz lost a few players but don't know where they went but definitely didn't go to the Blues. Cruz did pick up a girl from LAGOC. Blues on the other hand got 4 new players to replace 4 players. One went to OC Surf and another went to Slammers PA/RG.

Back