G08 State Cup Presidents- Elimination Rounds

Semifinals

Silverlakes Complex 12:00 PM field 11A Arsenal FC LA G08 vs. CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos G08 Cruz EGSL

Silverlakes Complex 12:00 PM field 11B LAGSB 2008 Elite vs. So Cal Blues - 2008 Rennie - Mulligan

Blues win 2-1. Great win for them. Ultimately new coach just didnt know the girls well enough and players out of position cost them.

Were players missing from Strikers? Definitely seemed like some girls were playing out of position because of the small roster. From a Blues perspective, it was great that both teams had only one sub. Blues have went the whole season with 2 or fewer and today went down to no subs because of a player with stomach flu that couldn't finish the game. The Blues girls rallied and really pulled together as a team and gave everything they had to a very, very good side. So thankful it was a 1 game weekend! Both of teams should be proud. They've had a great season.

How did the game scoring go?

Strikers put one in the first half off a corner. Blues came back with one and then 5 minutes later, put another in. Lots of chances by both teams. Pretty back and forth game. Blues buckled down hard in the remaining 15 minutes and put 3 back with high pressure. Strikers gained some momentum at one point and narrowly missed on a few chances. Blues managed to hold on to the win. Hard fought game by two teams that work very hard and are very determined little girls.

is it true 2 girls (i mean parents pulled them) quit the team before finals? Was it in the middle of a the game?

How did everyone feel about the field conditions? I know I was very disappointed and I was also wondering is there anything we can do as parents to stop this from happening again? I am talking about fields at silver lake the bad side I know the fields at the main side is way better

Back