G06 Surf Cup 2019

Seems like teams are paying a lot of money for the Surf Cup officials not to give a shit about getting this somewhat right. We could get a couple of folks together and bracket this event in about 30 minutes.

I was the one that made the comment you reference but it had nothing to do with the brackets, though Surf is apparently screwing that up now too and not offering a fair tourney to everyone based on merit. However, my comment had everything to do with the “home cooking” officiating Surf has received over the years at their tourneys, especially the Man City Cup Final for this age group this year when Surf was called for zero, yes zero, fouls in an entire game while Blues were whistled for 10 plus. In addition Surfs only goal was off of Pk when the Blues goalie got to the ball first and ended up colliding with the Surf striker. The refs response to the Blues goalie: “you were trying to hurt her”. Total joke as the striker and goalie are good friends from ODP. Yes my checks go to the Blues but I live in SD County and hope to never play another Surf event again. That’s why I would rather get a fair game in Norco.

Now let’s hope your club pulls its head out of its rear end and fixes the bracket to make it fair for all teams involved.
Usually by this age, parents chill out about winning games/tournaments, the refs, the groupings, etc. Clearly this hasn't happened to this parent. Guessing sideline behavior is similar...yikes! #dontbethatguy

Actually, the exact opposite so you guessed wrong. Just calling out what I have continually seen at the Surf tourneys over the last few years. And if you don’t think the groupings for this tourney should be called out, you are in the minority. #dontbetheguythatdoesntknowhatheswritingabout

Actually, the exact opposite so you guessed wrong. Just calling out what I have continually seen at the Surf tourneys over the last few years. And if you don’t think the groupings for this tourney should be called out, you are in the minority. #dontbetheguythatdoesntknowhatheswritingabout
Beg to differ, not in this age group so I can be objective. Isn't it always better to play against the best teams possible, no matter when? I think the majority of rationale older parents would rather their kids play competitive games and lose vs. weaker teams and win just for a better chance at a trophy. For new parents with ulittles, the novelty of winning a tournament is exciting. But by now some wisdom and logic should be kicking in if you are focused on the development of your player.

You are ranting about ref calls that happened months and years ago in young girls' games. For the good of youth soccer and families who long for a sideline without crazy parents, please check yourself. Guessing other Blues parents feel similarly.

Beg to differ, not in this age group so I can be objective. Isn't it always better to play against the best teams possible, no matter when? I think the majority of rationale older parents would rather their kids play competitive games and lose vs. weaker teams and win just for a better chance at a trophy. For new parents with ulittles, the novelty of winning a tournament is exciting. But by now some wisdom and logic should be kicking in if you are focused on the development of your player.

You are ranting about ref calls that happened months and years ago in young girls' games. For the good of youth soccer and families who long for a sideline without crazy parents, please check yourself. Guessing other Blues parents feel similarly.
Dude, go troll somewhere else. You don’t know me so why do you continue to act like you do? If you are that interested in how I behave, come to the corner of the field next time Blues 06 DA team plays. You won’t even know I’m there unless you look hard as you won’t hear me.

As I’m sure most of you have, I’ve spent a lot of weekends at tournaments the last few years. I can honestly say that I care less and less about winning as I do about getting the most out of the weekend from both a development and enjoyment perspective. However, my daughter is 12 and still wants to win every single tournament she enters. With the movement to ‘showcases’ instead of tournaments as she gets older, the opportunities to win tournaments seem to be decreasing. At the end of the day, I get that development is more important than a trophy, but I’d still prefer that they tried to make the groups a little more fairly for this tournament (those two things don’t need to be mutually exclusive, do they?).

Oh, and I’m pretty sure ‘letsbreals’ daughter just won the top flight playing up 3 years at surf cup, so I don’t think there are any issues with his daughter’s development on the field.

Seems like teams are paying a lot of money for the Surf Cup officials not to give a shit about getting this somewhat right. We could get a couple of folks together and bracket this event in about 30 minutes.
As I’m sure most of you have, I’ve spent a lot of weekends at tournaments the last few years. I can honestly say that I care less and less about winning as I do about getting the most out of the weekend from both a development and enjoyment perspective. However, my daughter is 12 and still wants to win every single tournament she enters. With the movement to ‘showcases’ instead of tournaments as she gets older, the opportunities to win tournaments seem to be decreasing. At the end of the day, I get that development is more important than a trophy, but I’d still prefer that they tried to make the groups a little more fairly for this tournament (those two things don’t need to be mutually exclusive, do they?).

Oh, and I’m pretty sure ‘letsbreals’ daughter just won the top flight playing up 3 years at surf cup, so I don’t think there are any issues with his daughter’s development on the field.
Nothing wrong with wanting your girl to win a trophy. We all want that for our kids. The brackets are messed up. Oh well. Funny how I took crap for saying as much when Surf got hosed at National Cup!

Maybe someone who owns a camcorder and a YouTube account will attend the game?
Legends Academy vs San juan ECNL @ 4:40 (PST) Did these teams already play? I didnt see them listed on Surf Cup Bracket. Let me know when they will play---I will head on over and film it

For the good of youth soccer and families who long for a sideline without crazy parents, please check yourself. Guessing other Blues parents feel similarly.
We certainly have our share of crazy parents on the sidelines (although I think we are better than we used to be :)), but letsbreal isn't one of them.

They played at SL last weekend.
If you missed it, I can recap it for you. Strong footed center back kicks the ball as hard as she can over her midfielders heads in the general direction of her fast strikers. Opposing team’s strong footed center back gathers it, does the same. This pattern mostly repeats itself for 70 minutes as you begin to wonder what field number is MVLA playing on and how long would it take to get there.

If you missed it, I can recap it for you. Strong footed center back kicks the ball as hard as she can over her midfielders heads in the general direction of her fast strikers. Opposing team’s strong footed center back gathers it, does the same. This pattern mostly repeats itself for 70 minutes as you begin to wonder what field number is MVLA playing on and how long would it take to get there.
Funny, but you haven't seen San Juan if that's your idea of how they play. Probably more of a slam against Legends, I get it...

Who does your daughter play for at the 06 age group?

I was the one that made the comment you reference but it had nothing to do with the brackets, though Surf is apparently screwing that up now too and not offering a fair tourney to everyone based on merit. However, my comment had everything to do with the “home cooking” officiating Surf has received over the years at their tourneys, especially the Man City Cup Final for this age group this year when Surf was called for zero, yes zero, fouls in an entire game while Blues were whistled for 10 plus. In addition Surfs only goal was off of Pk when the Blues goalie got to the ball first and ended up colliding with the Surf striker. The refs response to the Blues goalie: “you were trying to hurt her”. Total joke as the striker and goalie are good friends from ODP. Yes my checks go to the Blues but I live in SD County and hope to never play another Surf event again. That’s why I would rather get a fair game in Norco.

Now let’s hope your club pulls its head out of its rear end and fixes the bracket to make it fair for all teams involved.
Looks like the bracketing didn’t matter to Blues. 4-1 over LA Galaxy and 4-0 win in the final? Congrats to your daughter and her team.

Looks like the bracketing didn’t matter to Blues. 4-1 over LA Galaxy and 4-0 win in the final? Congrats to your daughter and her team.
SD Surf is always a good match up, but I was also very impressed by OC Surf's improvement since the last time we saw them. Quality team that plays pretty soccer.

Sorry if I interject but... somebody here has an 09 playing 3 year up in the top flight of 06??! :eek: That’s amazing!!

Or am I totally confused?! o_O

Back