G06 Surf Cup 2019

For this age group, surf cup is a 4 bracket tourney with the top team from each bracket advancing to the semis and then a final. Each team has 1 game Saturday, 2 games Sunday, and the winner will need to win 2 games on Monday. Others not in semis play a Monday game also. This is why it doesn’t really make sense to have the top 3 teams in the top flight all in bracket A. They should be spread over 3 brackets.

Silver lakes event is a showcase so only 1 game per day starting today

For this age group, surf cup is a 4 bracket tourney with the top team from each bracket advancing to the semis and then a final. Each team has 1 game Saturday, 2 games Sunday, and the winner will need to win 2 games on Monday. Others not in semis play a Monday game also. This is why it doesn’t really make sense to have the top 3 teams in the top flight all in bracket A. They should be spread over 3 brackets.

Silver lakes event is a showcase so only 1 game per day starting today[/QUOTE

LEGENDS ACADEMY VS SAN JUAN ECNL 4:40 PM (PST )

For the 2019/20 season I believe there will be playoffs and a championship for the U14 age group in Girls DA unlike in the past two seasons.
I read about the change in the playoff tiers for all ages, etc. but didn't see anything re those changes (or any others) affecting U14. But I could be wrong as I'm not as tied to this age nor DA. But share for others if you have info, thanks.

I know last year for Surf Thanksgiving they had DA teams only playing one another. But like you said above that could be considered within the DA season. For the good of the players I would think that the DA clubs would not want their kids playing 4-5 games in 3 days, especially since this is one of the main tenets of the DA. Sounds like Silverlakes has got it right with the showcase format.

I was hoping that we were finished with the 4-5 games in a weekend tourneys at this point. Last year, I think the U14s played over 4 days with a day off in the middle. It was all DA teams also. I'd definitely prefer that format vs. the current one.

Silver lakes event is a showcase so only 1 game per day starting today
Anyone from Surf on here heard anything about the schedule? Are they leaving the three top ranked teams in the same bracket?

Anyone from Surf on here heard anything about the schedule? Are they leaving the three top ranked teams in the same bracket?
As far as we know it is staying as is. The parents are scratching their heads. It’ll be good competition though. Also too bad Albion LV isn’t in the top tier and the other top SoCal teams won’t be there. Good luck to everyone.

As far as we know it is staying as is. The parents are scratching their heads. It’ll be good competition though. Also too bad Albion LV isn’t in the top tier and the other top SoCal teams won’t be there. Good luck to everyone.
All three teams have inquired with Michelle Romero on this bracket. Her response, “I’m to busy”. This is called delegation of duties. It’s an easy solution.

All three teams have inquired with Michelle Romero on this bracket. Her response, “I’m to busy”. This is called delegation of duties. It’s an easy solution.
I don’t know her. It’s ironic because someone earlier in the thread said Surf cooking the brackets in their favor was good reason to skip Surf Cup in favor of the Silver Lakes event. So much for that:)

I don’t know her. It’s ironic because someone earlier in the thread said Surf cooking the brackets in their favor was good reason to skip Surf Cup in favor of the Silver Lakes event. So much for that:)
She was appointed the director of Surf Cup a few years ago. And leads the SCDSL.

She was appointed the director of Surf Cup a few years ago. And leads the SCDSL.
All I can say is it doesn’t make sense and at a tournament of this magnitude you would hope they could get it right. Also ironic I was one of the people complaining about CAL SOUTH and the girls’ National Cup seeding! I guess that’s just soccer!!

I was the one that made the comment you reference but it had nothing to do with the brackets, though Surf is apparently screwing that up now too and not offering a fair tourney to everyone based on merit. However, my comment had everything to do with the “home cooking” officiating Surf has received over the years at their tourneys, especially the Man City Cup Final for this age group this year when Surf was called for zero, yes zero, fouls in an entire game while Blues were whistled for 10 plus. In addition Surfs only goal was off of Pk when the Blues goalie got to the ball first and ended up colliding with the Surf striker. The refs response to the Blues goalie: “you were trying to hurt her”. Total joke as the striker and goalie are good friends from ODP. Yes my checks go to the Blues but I live in SD County and hope to never play another Surf event again. That’s why I would rather get a fair game in Norco.

Now let’s hope your club pulls its head out of its rear end and fixes the bracket to make it fair for all teams involved.

I was the one that made the comment you reference but it had nothing to do with the brackets, though Surf is apparently screwing that up now too and not offering a fair tourney to everyone based on merit. However, my comment had everything to do with the “home cooking” officiating Surf has received over the years at their tourneys, especially the Man City Cup Final for this age group this year when Surf was called for zero, yes zero, fouls in an entire game while Blues were whistled for 10 plus. In addition Surfs only goal was off of Pk when the Blues goalie got to the ball first and ended up colliding with the Surf striker. The refs response to the Blues goalie: “you were trying to hurt her”. Total joke as the striker and goalie are good friends from ODP. Yes my checks go to the Blues but I live in SD County and hope to never play another Surf event again. That’s why I would rather get a fair game in Norco.

Now let’s hope your club pulls its head out of its rear end and fixes the bracket to make it fair for all teams involved.
Ah, upon further review, you are correct; you were referencing the refs. Figures! I don’t recall how many fouls Blues had compared to Surf. Surf plays clean - not to say Blues doesn’t - but that seems like an exaggeration and a complete mis-characterization of how the game went. Both teams played great and that game - like most Surf/Blues games - could have gone either way. Regardless, i am fairly certain Surf doesn’t pay off the refs. If Surf gets some home team calls - as do pretty much all home teams - then that’s soccer. Everyone sees things from their own bias eyes. That’s why refs- not parents - make the tough calls. Blaming refs sounds more like sour grapes.

Back