G05 Teams in SF Valley Area

JCsoccer

BRONZE
We're moving to Tarzana next month and bummed out about our daughter leaving her team.

Any suggestions for strong G05 teams in the valley? We know about Real Socal and Eagles and hoping to fit in a few more tryouts to see what's out there. Hoping to keep the drive reasonable...

We're moving to Tarzana next month and bummed out about our daughter leaving her team.

Any suggestions for strong G05 teams in the valley? We know about Real Socal and Eagles and hoping to fit in a few more tryouts to see what's out there. Hoping to keep the drive reasonable...
Those would be my two first picks. Can't say that I would be interested in any other clubs. Honestly you may have to go east if you are looking for CSL teams like FCGS or CCU. Which means a drive. Real So Cal does have a branch that does play out of Pierece College which is not to far from Tarzana.

Those would be my two first picks. Can't say that I would be interested in any other clubs. Honestly you may have to go east if you are looking for CSL teams like FCGS or CCU. Which means a drive. Real So Cal does have a branch that does play out of Pierece College which is not to far from Tarzana.

Having watched each of the following at least two times I'd rank the Los Angeles at large area teams as follows: (very similar to how Tango and the other rankings see them)

1. Eagles (Good team but heard that the coach is leaving)
2. CCU SoCal Academy G05 <>Real SoCal White (Real an easier drive if you're in Tarzana)
3. Legends FC 05 (very direct, not my style)

After these three there's a pretty steep drop off to the 5th best which is probably IE Surf Premier RB (but a very long ways east of Tarzana, like Legends), then there's a further drop off to the next tier of Golden State East and the regular CCU 05 team. Won't even mention LA Premier, felt bad for those girls they got slaughtered this year.

Forgot to mention, the best 05G team period (rankings reflect this too, but it's a heck of a drive from Tarzana so I didn't include on my top 4 post) is the Galaxy South Bay Elite team. There's plenty of poor Galaxy teams, but this one has great players and plays really good soccer compared to the other powerhouses like Blues.

Here is my 2 cents for someone in Tarzana.
1) Real So Cal (problem is, their top team is in the Thousand Oaks area)
2) Eagles (getting to be a long drive, but at least it's not heavy traffic)
3) Santa Monica United (This team is going to be solid for some time in my opinion) (Not top 10 real soon, but should push the top 20 next year)
4) CCU (Not the So Cal Academy,)(This is a very well run team that played us to a tie and will be contenders in that top 20 this year)
5) CCU SoCal Academy (Very solid team, sideline may be a little suspect)
6) LA Premier FC (This team will start drawing in more talent as time goes on since they were accepted in the U.S. Development Academy)

1. Eagles (Good team but heard that the coach is leaving)

The coach for U8-U12 always lets his teams go by U12/13 age. He is focused on building strong teams, bonds, family etc. at the younger age. At U12/13 the teams go to one of a small handful of coaches that push for that next step in the girls development. It has been a pretty solid system in most cases. If you look at the current 01 and 02 ECNL teams they are top teams and all went through the same coaching change at the U12-13 transfer. Different coaching styles are needed as girls grow up in my opinion, plus having someone different often times pushes the girls to step up their game.
I guess what I'm saying is that change is not always a bad thing, and as much as we love our current coach, the change shouldn't be something to scare people away.

Curious about this too. So RSC White G05 will have a new coach?

Similar to Eagles, the U11/U12 coach at RSC has historically handed his teams off to a new coach at U13. But with all the DA-related changes coming this spring, it wouldn't surprise me if he held onto them through their pre-DA/ECNL season.

Back