G03 CRL 2018-2019

G03_SD

SILVER ELITE
Last year, some of the DAII got auto bids because their DA teams did well and couldn't play so they inherited the spot.
Who get auto-bid this year? Who has (or plan to) signed up for the play-in?

Last year, some of the DAII got auto bids because their DA teams did well and couldn't play so they inherited the spot.
Who get auto-bid this year? Who has (or plan to) signed up for the play-in?

Based on CRL qualification rules, the top 6 teams in CRL this past season and the 4 semi-finalists in National Cup are the only teams that qualify. The only play-in spots that will open up will be in the case of the same team qualifying in two categories. That seems likely, since these were the top 6 in CRL:
  • IE Surf
  • Hawks
  • SDSC Navy
  • Beach DPL Demelo
  • Slammers Larsen
  • Galaxy DPL
The top 4 CRL winners are still in it at National Cup and are probably the favorites to advance to the semi-finals. So it is possible that there could be up to four play-in spots available.

Based on CRL qualification rules, the top 6 teams in CRL this past season and the 4 semi-finalists in National Cup are the only teams that qualify. The only play-in spots that will open up will be in the case of the same team qualifying in two categories. That seems likely, since these were the top 6 in CRL:
  • IE Surf
  • Hawks
  • SDSC Navy
  • Beach DPL Demelo
  • Slammers Larsen
  • Galaxy DPL
The top 4 CRL winners are still in it at National Cup and are probably the favorites to advance to the semi-finals. So it is possible that there could be up to four play-in spots available.
The 2 DPL teams become 2003 DPL Pilot Teams and will not play CRL. Assume next level down that becomes DPL team gets the spot.

So the 4th and 6th place teams would send their next level down teams? What would be the point?
Agreed. That sounds like BS. They should earn it.

If that is the policy it stinks of a scheme to keep the big clubs in the league. There are a lot of good teams associated with smaller clubs, especially in the 03's. This is just a guess but probably 1/4 of the remaining teams in National Cup are from smaller clubs.

I agree. It doesn’t help those teams to get destroyed every weekend either. The league needs to use the play in to its fullest potential or everything gets watered down pretty fast.

True re DPL pilot! Beach will have a DPL team and a DPL pilot team next year, so the non- pilot will probably get the CRL spot. As for Galaxy, the next team down at the club (Elite) came in last in CRL and lost in the first round of State Cup President’s, so that doesn’t seem like an obvious replacement.

True re DPL pilot! Beach will have a DPL team and a DPL pilot team next year, so the non- pilot will probably get the CRL spot. As for Galaxy, the next team down at the club (Elite) came in last in CRL and lost in the first round of State Cup President’s, so that doesn’t seem like an obvious replacement.

Which team is better (or supposed to be a higher level), regular dpl or the dpl pilot team?

Which team is better (or supposed to be a higher level), regular dpl or the dpl pilot team?
Assuming best non DA players willing to give up HS Pilot for sure. Last year many teams that earned CRL spots disbanded due to DA and next level down slid in. Beach Lohn and Galaxy Elite 2 examples.

Assuming best non DA players willing to give up HS Pilot for sure. Last year many teams that earned CRL spots disbanded due to DA and next level down slid in. Beach Lohn and Galaxy Elite 2 examples.

That’s my point, teams that take the slide in don’t do as well as the higher level teams that earn their spots. Thanks for the info.

There should be a rule that a certain amount of returning players are needed to get the automatic bid from the prior season or else they should play-in like everyone else. National Cup results are a more accurate indicator of who should get automatic bids.

So the 4th and 6th place teams would send their next level down teams? What would be the point?
If you look at CRL last year that is exactly what happened. Sister teams took over the CRL spots and as expected most preformed poorly.

If you look at CRL last year that is exactly what happened. Sister teams took over the CRL spots and as expected most preformed poorly.

I totally agree. That’s why there was a definite distinction in records between the top and bottom halves of the results.

There should be a rule that a certain amount of returning players are needed to get the automatic bid from the prior season or else they should play-in like everyone else. National Cup results are a more accurate indicator of who should get automatic bids.
I thought there was such a rule. You had to have at least 9 players returning to retain continuity. Maybe this was for state cup rosters??

I'm aware of at least one team at the CRL play-in last year that had some ringers that didn't play with them in-season.

I thought there was such a rule. You had to have at least 9 players returning to retain continuity. Maybe this was for state cup rosters??
There was an exception last year because of DA introduction according to a Cal South rep. Roster continuity was not a requirement.

I think it's the 03 DA teams this year that will be the 03 DPL Pilot teams.

I think your right. The “pilot” phenomenon seems to have been created so da clubs don’t lose the 03’s who don’t make the 02/03 team from jumping ship.

Back