Fullerton Rangers G04 White Tryouts

By youthsoccerrankings
Ex-Rangers
National rank 146
Regional rank 56
California South 23
Could not find the strikers team,and
my point was that the strikers organization are getting a great team nothing else.

Pretty risky move for the ranger kids, especially the coach to be named later part.
I'm guessing the "tbd" on the coach means everyone moving over and the club already know but for external reasons (i.e. coach leaving another club or team) are not ready to announce it but I highly doubt with the amount of players speculated to be moving that the parents would do so blindly. In my experience things like this don't just happen but were in the works many months prior.

I'm guessing the "tbd" on the coach means everyone moving over and the club already know but for external reasons (i.e. coach leaving another club or team) are not ready to announce it but I highly doubt with the amount of players speculated to be moving that the parents would do so blindly. In my experience things like this don't just happen but were in the works many months prior.
I agree, but it is pretty hard to keep things like that quiet.

CSL G04 Gold only had 6 teams last season. And with SoCal Academy (and it sounds like Fullerton Rangers White) gone that leaves only four. And who knows what is going to happen to the Simi Valley Eclipse team that didn't win a game. Are there any top level (Flight I) teams moving over to CSL (G04) from the SCDSL? If not (and a Premier division opens up) then you are looking at three teams from Gold moving up to Premier (Simi Valley should not move up). Would they then populate the rest of the Premier league with the top Silver Elite teams (FRAM has left CSL too, and they won one of the Silver Elite leagues)? Then backfill Gold with the remaining higher finishing teams that were in the Silver Elite leagues?

Looks like CSL is continuing to spiral down hill and the Rangers G04 White parents saw an opportunity to move to a league to compete with better teams during league play. That’s great news for them. It’s time for the Rangers organization to recognize that and make a move...

Looks like CSL is continuing to spiral down hill and the Rangers G04 White parents saw an opportunity to move to a league to compete with better teams during league play. That’s great news for them. It’s time for the Rangers organization to recognize that and make a move...
What move would that be?

A little exercise in (CSL G2004) bracketology assuming Fullerton White leaves CSL along with SoCal Academy and Fram Ferren.

CSL pecking order for Premier/Gold. Using the CSL 2003 brackets from last fall season as a template (8 teams in Premier and 7 in Gold).

Team (2017 Division, Place)

Notts Forest FC Red (Gold, 2nd)
Santa Monica United Blue (Gold, 3rd)
Rebels Elite Lewis (Gold, 5th)
Kickers SC (SE North, 1st)
Coachella Valley (SE South, 2nd)
CC Aztecs (SE North, 2nd)
UIFC Venom (SE South, 3rd)
South Valley Thunder (SE North, 3rd)
Claremont Stars 5 V TWO (SE South, 4th)
Oxnard United (SE North, 4th)
Simi Valley Eclipse (Gold, 6th)
BYSC Corona Academy (SE South, 5th)
United LA White (SE North, 5th)
Legacy FC (SE South, 6th)
Futbol Foundation SC (SE North, 6th)

Assuming no other high level team moves into CSL and none of these teams move out this is what the Premier and Gold leagues could look like next season. I dropped Simi Valley Eclipse down because that is where they should fall. Other possible options are to move a Silver division winner who dominated up into the bottom of this group but I think Futbol Foundation is even with or beats any of them.

Notts Forest played under a couple different names recently. Not sure where that team is landing or what league they would play in.

Back