Foul for contact with Keeper?

I was watching the National Cup u13 final. Final score 1-0. The goal was scored after the forward jumped and made contact with the keeper as he was catching the ball (looks like the ball had touched keeper's hands, but keeper not yet in full control).

Should it have been a foul? Check out the video. It's go to around the 1:51:14 mark.

Also check out the other keeper taking a dive to waste time at around 1:57:43.

Hard to tell from the distance of the camera. The referee seemed to be doing a very good job of the game from what I could tell from scanning parts of the game.

Who got the yellow card when the goalie fell at 1:57? Again, hard to tell exactly what happened there...

Yes, foul was proper.

In this case the keeper had as much right to play the ball without interference from the attacker, as an attacker would without likewise interference. The keeper jumped in the air, clearly attempting to catch the ball and in fact played the ball, with the ball hitting the keeper in the hands. The attacker jumped in the air and made contact with the keeper, while the keeper was in the act of attempting to play the ball. The attacker was at least careless by making contact with the keeper.

Not a foul. In real time this was a fair challenge on the ball. The player runs into the blind spot of the keeper and heads the ball into the goal. The cross was a lofted one too and the keeper didn't prepare himself to be positioned in a way to catch the ball.

Good no call. If she had called it I would have understood why. This is a fair no call. These games tend to be the craziest to officiate in Calsouth and LA, the amount of enraged parents is always a sight to see lol.

Doesn't look like the ref had much to do the whole game as she walked the most part.

Yes, foul was proper.

In this case the keeper had as much right to play the ball without interference from the attacker, as an attacker would without likewise interference. The keeper jumped in the air, clearly attempting to catch the ball and in fact played the ball, with the ball hitting the keeper in the hands. The attacker jumped in the air and made contact with the keeper, while the keeper was in the act of attempting to play the ball. The attacker was at least careless by making contact with the keeper.
Wait, what are you saying? There should have been a foul? Confused by your response.

Wait, what are you saying? There should have been a foul? Confused by your response.

Yes, I believe there should have been a foul. I would have called a foul for the reasons cited, namely, the attacker did not touch the ball first or simultaneously, but ran into the keeper, which caused the goalkeeper to fumble the catch. The attacker ducks his head and there appears to be a little shoulder shimmy by the attacker. I can understand the 50/50 ball argument, but in my eyes the attacker was late to the party as the GK had the position and was defenseless.

No foul on the goal. Both the keeper and attacker have the same right to the ball and space. Both players appear to be playing the ball and the keeper never has possession.

Definitely a dive by the Rebel keeper after the attacker makes contact. Could not tell who the ref gave the yellow card too.

4th official appears not to understand his job since the one coach is all the way down near the penalty area numerous times.

I did a freeze frame of the video, both player are in the air and going for the ball, before any contact with the ball is made by either player.

So sort of the opposite situation. From the Galaxy v. Portland game...2nd penalty at 2:24...Zlatan has possession of the ball, keeper comes out to smother, but it looks like Zlatan purposely taps away the ball. Since Zlatan no longer has the ball, the keeper makes contact with the legs only, ref whistles for a penalty but no card, giving the Galaxy the lead. Right call?

Reactions: Q10
So sort of the opposite situation. From the Galaxy v. Portland game...2nd penalty at 2:24...Zlatan has possession of the ball, keeper comes out to smother, but it looks like Zlatan purposely taps away the ball. Since Zlatan no longer has the ball, the keeper makes contact with the legs only, ref whistles for a penalty but no card, giving the Galaxy the lead. Right call?

Definitely a foul and PK. Referee was in a great position to see the play and foul. The keeper did get the ball first but also took down Zlatan with his legs. Just because a defender or keeper gets to the ball first does not give them the right to take the player down. Easy tackling foul call. No DOGSO since Zlatan was not headed toward goal and Portland #25 was between the keeper and goal.

Since there is a thread already, lemme throw this one out there

Nobody touched the keeper or prevented him from making the deflection. If I were more of a cynic I would guess he was fishing for a call there since he had a chance for an easier, more effective play a yard back of where he jumped.

Since there is a thread already, lemme throw this one out there

It looks like the AR called Offside, but I am not sure which player he called Offside because I did not see any attackers in an Offside position that played the ball. If the AR was not signaling Offside I am really puzzled as to what foul the AR saw that the CR and everyone watching the video did not see. If the AR does not raise his flag, IMO the goal looked good. CR could have been in a better position closer to the penalty area and to the left (looking at the goal) of the action or been dynamic and move ng to his left as the play developed. He is far to stagnate and didn’t start n the best spot.

It looks like the AR called Offside, but I am not sure which player he called Offside because I did not see any attackers in an Offside position that played the ball. If the AR was not signaling Offside I am really puzzled as to what foul the AR saw that the CR and everyone watching the video did not see. If the AR does not raise his flag, IMO the goal looked good. CR could have been in a better position closer to the penalty area and to the left (looking at the goal) of the action or been dynamic and move ng to his left as the play developed. He is far to stagnate and didn’t start n the best spot.

It appears that 11 lays a elbow/shoulder into the defender clearing the ball, at least hard enough to spin and knock the defender of his feet. Maybe that was the foul call?

That's what I thought as well. Seems AR raises flag after #11 being in an offside position when kicked (obviously can't tell from the angle of the video), and ball is then defended by keeper, not resetting offside and #11 then involved in play at the goal line before final shot by his teammate. Question is whether the defender play on the ball before #11 makes play should reset offside.

Angle not really good enough to judge all this, but an interesting scenario to discuss the tricky parts of offside call.

I was watching the National Cup u13 final. Final score 1-0. The goal was scored after the forward jumped and made contact with the keeper as he was catching the ball (looks like the ball had touched keeper's hands, but keeper not yet in full control).

Should it have been a foul? Check out the video. It's go to around the 1:51:14 mark.

Also check out the other keeper taking a dive to waste time at around 1:57:43.
From this angle, seems like no foul. For the time wasting, just add time, and round up if you think the keeper was just being a dick.

Zlatan, both are pk's for me. The goal for Portland too close to tell for offside so keep the flag down.

Back