Followup on Surf e-entry rejection by Presidio

From the posted minutes of the April Presidio meeting --

New Business:

Team Applications (2003 – 2010 Due April 22nd, 2017): Team applications due by April 22nd, 2017.

League Applications (Returning Leagues): A motion to approve the league/club applications received to date from returning leagues/clubs was made by 1st Steve Marx with a 2nd provided by Oscar Zamora. The motion was approved by unanimous consent.

League Applications (Juventus San Diego, Borussia Del Mar, Surf, DPL):
Each club/league made a presentation to the membership. Juventus San Diego was represented by Ken Weaver. Borussia Del Mar was represented by Tommy Maurer. San Diego Surf was represented by Blair Nichols assisted by Josh Henderson and Jason Ash DPL/DAII was represented by Barry Ritson from LA Premier and Toumi from Albion.

The results of the vote by ballot are as follows;
Juventus San Diego approved pending Cal South approval by a 32 - 11 - 2 vote
Borussia Del Mar approved pending Cal South approval by a 30 - 12 - 2 vote
San Diego Surf not approved by a 17 – 26 – 2 vote
DPL/DA II not approved by a 19 – 23 – 2 vote

A motion to destroy the ballots was made by 1st Ben Leathers with a 2nd provided by Manny Neves. The motion was approved by unanimous consent.

From the posted minutes of the April Presidio meeting --

New Business:

Team Applications (2003 – 2010 Due April 22nd, 2017): Team applications due by April 22nd, 2017.

League Applications (Returning Leagues): A motion to approve the league/club applications received to date from returning leagues/clubs was made by 1st Steve Marx with a 2nd provided by Oscar Zamora. The motion was approved by unanimous consent.

League Applications (Juventus San Diego, Borussia Del Mar, Surf, DPL):
Each club/league made a presentation to the membership. Juventus San Diego was represented by Ken Weaver. Borussia Del Mar was represented by Tommy Maurer. San Diego Surf was represented by Blair Nichols assisted by Josh Henderson and Jason Ash DPL/DAII was represented by Barry Ritson from LA Premier and Toumi from Albion.

The results of the vote by ballot are as follows;
Juventus San Diego approved pending Cal South approval by a 32 - 11 - 2 vote
Borussia Del Mar approved pending Cal South approval by a 30 - 12 - 2 vote
San Diego Surf not approved by a 17 – 26 – 2 vote
DPL/DA II not approved by a 19 – 23 – 2 vote

A motion to destroy the ballots was made by 1st Ben Leathers with a 2nd provided by Manny Neves. The motion was approved by unanimous consent.
Funny how Albion sent Toumi. I guess they realized he is still liked from his homies at CSC and he was their only hope. If Ginn went it would be DOA.
Of course, Leathers and Neves moved to destroy the ballots. The two without spines.

Why would they let Surf in? The only way local clubs are making money are by families that don't want to travel. That is their niche now so why would they let Surf in? That would just be stupid.

Why would they let Surf in? The only way local clubs are making money are by families that don't want to travel. That is their niche now so why would they let Surf in? That would just be stupid.

It wasn't just money. Many of the club representatives voting at the Presidio meeting remembered what Surf said about the other clubs in Presidio on their way out a few years ago.

Funny how Albion sent Toumi. I guess they realized he is still liked from his homies at CSC and he was their only hope. If Ginn went it would be DOA.
Of course, Leathers and Neves moved to destroy the ballots. The two without spines.

Destroying the ballots is a standard procedure in Roberts Rules of Order. It requires a majority vote of the members, or an established policy in the bylaws. It would have been interesting to see who voted which way, but it was not even close, so there was no need to keep the ballots for a possible recount.

Is Toumi really liked at csc after he left them unceremoniously, taking his teams with him?

Is Toumi really liked at csc after he left them unceremoniously, taking his teams with him?
Not well liked by Cords at CSC but is well liked by all his CSC homies that dispersed throughout the county at other clubs during Cords reign of terror. And more than a few of them are now attending Presidio meetings on behalf of their current clubs and voting!

Destroying the ballots is a standard procedure in Roberts Rules of Order. It requires a majority vote of the members, or an established policy in the bylaws. It would have been interesting to see who voted which way, but it was not even close, so there was no need to keep the ballots for a possible recount.
They are still weenies!

Are we thinking that Surf will try to gain entry into Presidio/SDDA again for next fall? What are the chances?

I'd imagine that they'll keep trying until they get what they want. They might be losing some youngers that are on B and C teams that are tired of the travel. I know of one G2008 that came over to my kid's club from Surf this summer and the cost vs. benefit views of the travel for league games was at least a part of the decision. I have a friend that moved his kids to RSF Attack a couple years ago for the same reason.

I think that the best reason to take them back would be the increased fields for Presidio and more teams at the younger ages.

Back