First tournament since her broken hand.

I hear you...she will be just fine...once she goes down to an attackers feet and gets the ball /or takes a rocket ball with hands she will realize she is fine. It's always the first real game contact/test that is the toughest. Goalkeeping is so mental. Good luck weekend! Let the group know how it goes.

Wow, 12 weeks post broken hand playing keeper? Was it a minor non-displaced fracture? Ortho Ok'd this?
Yes, minor. He fully released her at 9 weeks for full contact. We were scheduled to play two days later, but the rains have allowed her to slowing get her groove back.

How did you DD do? And did the team prevail in the finals?
She did great. No problems. Had two pass backs that she had to use her left and she one touched passes out to the wing. Didn't know she had that in her. Goal kicks have improved. We only gave up 1 goal in the 3 games(I'm told there should have been offside on the play, but you never know, gave the girl a shot right from the penalty mark). Made a great save on a point blank shot in the 0-0 game. We are still a couple weekends away from finals. Round of 32 starts in Oceanside for Presidents Cup next weekend. Even Lancaster wasn't bad, no wind.

As a father of twin keepers (girls 05 flight 1 and boys 05 DA) I know the feeling when they are out with an injury. No time loss with my kids with the type of injury your daughter had, but both have had concessions a couple of seasons ago with the boy having a serious one that kept him out over 4 weeks. That first game back, you could see the uncertainty and the over thinking on his part. But after the 1st couple of saves, he was good to go. Sounds like she had a great start to the Presidents Cup which is a great sign. Good luck in the round of 32. Tell your daughter that here extended keeper family are rooting for her after this injury.
⚽⚽⚽

So the team made it to the round of 8. After only giving up 1 goal in the first 5 games, we lost our last game 4-1 as a single girl dominated down the right wing, made some great crosses for 3 of the scores, plus my daughter made her first mistake of the whole tourney giving up a rebound she felt she should have caught. Best news is hand is feeling great, she has renewed interest in soccer, and the team improved dramatically from the last year. All in all a great last two weeks.

Back