Essential Economics for Politicians

Emotional little things arenʻt they?
I thought you had a point to make, wrong again, I guess I need to quit waiting for you to act like a responsible adult . . . what's it been over 8 years now and still no sign of whether you will ever back one of your statements.

California Set to Become First State to Require Solar Panels on All New Houses
The cost of homes is expected to rise by almost $10k, on average.

“California is set to become the first state to require solar panels on all newly built single-family houses,” the Los Angeles Timesreports. Not only will consumers have no choice in the matter, but neither will voters. “The state’s Energy Commission is scheduled to vote Wednesday on the rules, which are expected to pass and take effect in 2020,” the Times explains. “The regulations, which would also apply to new multifamily buildings of three stories or fewer, don’t need the approval of the Legislature.”

The Commission estimates the average cost of a new single-family home will increase by $9,500 but that utility bills will decline by roughly twice as much over the period of a 30-year mortgage. Why not let consumers decide whether the projected future savings justify the immediate up-front costs? Oh, silly me, this is California, progressive paradise, where people can do whatever they want, as long as it’s mandatory.

https://fee.org/articles/california...te-to-require-solar-panels-on-all-new-houses/

California Set to Become First State to Require Solar Panels on All New Houses
The cost of homes is expected to rise by almost $10k, on average.

“California is set to become the first state to require solar panels on all newly built single-family houses,” the Los Angeles Timesreports. Not only will consumers have no choice in the matter, but neither will voters. “The state’s Energy Commission is scheduled to vote Wednesday on the rules, which are expected to pass and take effect in 2020,” the Times explains. “The regulations, which would also apply to new multifamily buildings of three stories or fewer, don’t need the approval of the Legislature.”

The Commission estimates the average cost of a new single-family home will increase by $9,500 but that utility bills will decline by roughly twice as much over the period of a 30-year mortgage. Why not let consumers decide whether the projected future savings justify the immediate up-front costs? Oh, silly me, this is California, progressive paradise, where people can do whatever they want, as long as it’s mandatory.

https://fee.org/articles/california...te-to-require-solar-panels-on-all-new-houses/

Drove across the nation of China last year. Miles and miles of windmills and solar panels....
I find it interesting that despite having all options open to them- fossil fuels, nuclear, coal, etc. that they seem to be going all in on renewable energy. But of course here in America Republicans are leading us back to am radio and a continued dependence on fossil fuels.

Drove across the nation of China last year. Miles and miles of windmills and solar panels....
I find it interesting that despite having all options open to them- fossil fuels, nuclear, coal, etc. that they seem to be going all in on renewable energy. But of course here in America Republicans are leading us back to am radio and a continued dependence on fossil fuels.
I am sure you saw exactly what the CHICOMS wanted you to see.
Wise up. Pinko.

While some governments may be more environmentally conscious and apply strict environmental policies, others are not. It’s important, however, that the whole world reaches some form of common ground. After all, we’re all breathing the same air – more or less. Just so you get a finer picture, take note of the fact that 29% of the pollution in the San Francisco Bay Area comes from China, according to a study published in the Environmental Science and Technology.

China generates about 70% of its electricity with coal-fired power plants, creating large amounts of particulate pollution. Dust storms crossing China pick up these particles and carry them across the Pacific to the U.S. .

The researchers were expecting a considerable figure, but nothing prepared them for this shock. Apparently, after analyzing data from the entire six-month survey, Ewing and her team found that the median proportion of Asian lead in the PM2.5 was 29%. How about that global policy? Wait – there was one, but no one chose to respect it.

https://www.zmescience.com/ecology/...-franciscos-pollution-comes-from-china-42334/

Last edited:
What did the Chinese use to manufacture and maintain all those windmills and and solar panels that only produce renewable power on windy or sunny days?

Back