Essential Economics for Politicians

Remember what happened the last time I parsed your data source? This is gonna be fun.
I remember you stating that Obama's deficit was over $1 trillion every year - but you couldn't provide a source for that because as usual you were just talking out of your ass. I'm not sure what is fun about that.

I remember you stating that Obama's deficit was over $1 trillion every year - but you couldn't provide a source for that because as usual you were just talking out of your ass. I'm not sure what is fun about that.
diz won't let his own disingenuousness, lies nor ignorance slow him down . . . if he did he'd still be sitting on a Pearl City curb crying about getting his lunch money taken by a couple island girls.

You remember incorrectly. I said Bush was the first to have a trillion dollar deficit. Obama had the next four trillion dollar deficits for a total of 9 trillion in debt when he left office. Divide that by 8 years or 2 terms and you come up with what Fries U grads don’t get. Besides, you posted the link to show that very thing bootsie. Do you yet know the difference between debt and deficits?

You remember incorrectly. I said Bush was the first to have a trillion dollar deficit. Obama had the next four trillion dollar deficits for a total of 9 trillion in debt when he left office. Divide that by 8 years or 2 terms and you come up with what Fries U grads don’t get. Besides, you posted the link to show that very thing bootsie. Do you yet know the difference between debt and deficits?
Liar.

15 Years After the Iraq Invasion, What Are the Costs?
Americans spend $32 million per hour on wars started during the Bush administration.

First, the economic costs: According to estimates by the Costs of War project at Brown University’s Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs, the war on terror has cost Americans a staggering $5.6 trillion since 2001, when the U.S. invaded Afghanistan.

$5.6 trillion. This figure includes not just the Pentagon’s war fund, but also future obligations such as social services for an ever-growing number of post-9/11 veterans.

It’s hard for most of us to even begin to grasp such an enormous number.

Since 2001, every American taxpayer has spent almost $24,000 on the wars — equal to the average down payment on a house, a new Honda Accord, or a year at a public university.

As stupefying as those numbers are, the budgetary costs pale in comparison with the human toll.

As of 2015, when the Costs of War project made its latest tallies, up to 165,000 Iraqi civilians had died as a direct consequence of U.S. war, plus around 8,000 U.S. soldiers and military contractors in Iraq.

Those numbers have only continued to rise. Up to 6,000 civilians were killed by U.S.-led strikes in Iraq and Syria in 2017 –– more civilians than in any previous year, according to the watchdog group AirWars.

In addition to those direct deaths, at least four times as many people in Iraq have died from the side effects of war, such as malnutrition, environmental degradation, and deteriorated infrastructure.

https://fpif.org/15-years-after-the-iraq-invasion-what-are-the-costs/

GW Bush - what a fucking asshole!

Izzy you are pathetic, here's what you said "Sorry pal Obama ran over a trillion every year he was in office." Are you lying or are you ignorant?
Actually, what you say above is not even true. Care to provide a source for any of your latest round if wrong numbers?

HOW MUCH HIGHER ARE TRUMP’S BUDGET DEFICITS THAN OBAMA’S?

The U.S. federal deficit for July totalled $76.9 billion, pushing the total figure for the first 10 months of the fiscal year to $684 billion—up almost 21 percent on this time in 2017.

A combination of increased spending and reduced tax intake have conspired to push the deficit higher, with President Donald Trump’s administration now estimating that the total figure will top $1 trillion in 2019, CBS News reported.

Trump vowed to cut the deficit when running for president in 2016, regularly bashing Barack Obama’s economic policies that saw the shortfall swell to well above $1 trillion during his time in office. He even promised to wipe out the national debt, though offered no suggestion of how that might be achieved. But now that he is in the Oval Office, the president seems less worried about the runaway numbers.

Trump seems to have lost interest in the deficit as soon as he won the presidency. Once the deficit crosses the $1 trillion mark again, the Trump administration expects it to stay there for three years.

For the current budget year, the White House is projecting a total deficit of $890 billion, which would be the highest figure for six years. This would be 33.7 percent up from last year’s deficit,

https://www.newsweek.com/how-much-higher-are-trumps-budget-deficits-obamas-1069476

Izzy you are pathetic, here's what you said "Sorry pal Obama ran over a trillion every year he was in office." Are you lying or are you ignorant?
Actually, what you say above is not even true. Care to provide a source for any of your latest round if wrong numbers?
Sorry, but I got to side with Iz, you lie constantly.

Show me.

What’s clear is that both Obama and Clinton were much better for the economy than Bush and Trump.
I remember how much more I made during Obama than during Bush and now, not so much. Trump is slowing us down and growing the deficit and hurting trade. Such a shame.

What’s clear is that both Obama and Clinton were much better for the economy than Bush and Trump.
I remember how much more I made during Obama than during Bush and now, not so much. Trump is slowing us down and growing the deficit and hurting trade. Such a shame.
Fries U!! What a deal!!

US economic growth is likely to slow sharply this year and next, according to CNBC’s Fed Survey

KEY POINTS
  • The average forecast for gross domestic product growth this year is just 2.3 percent, according to the CNBC Fed Survey for March, because of the trade battle and slowing global growth.
  • Sixty percent still see a rate hike this year, but that’s down from 78 percent in the January survey. And now 14 percent of respondents forecast a rate cut in 2019.
  • The CNBC Fed Survey was given March 14 to 17 with 43 respondents from the economics, equities and fixed income fields.
  • Weaker global growth and tariffs are seen as the major culprits.
A weak outlook for growth abroad knocked about 40 basis points (or 0.4 percentage points) off of GDP forecasts this year, according to respondents, who include economists, fund managers and strategists. Tariffs — both those put in place by the Trump administration and retaliatory tariffs from other countries — are estimated to take another 20 basis points off of growth.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/19/us-...r-and-next-according-to-cnbcs-fed-survey.html

Back