Essential Economics for Politicians

Reminds me of your understanding of how your collateralized debt is an asset.
You’re so bummed that you’re now trying to invent things about me?
Did you know that debt is debt and an asset is an asset? Did you know that you frequently use debt to purchase an asset? Didn’t you use the example of a credit line? Or a fixed loan? That’s debt.
A house is an asset.
It’s not confusing.
To set the record straight, in case you misunderstood me before, I don’t believe that my collateralized debt is an asset. It’s just debt.

You’re so bummed that you’re now trying to invent things about me?
Did you know that debt is debt and an asset is an asset? Did you know that you frequently use debt to purchase an asset? Didn’t you use the example of a credit line? Or a fixed loan? That’s debt.
A house is an asset.
It’s not confusing.
To set the record straight, in case you misunderstood me before, I don’t believe that my collateralized debt is an asset. It’s just debt.
Just when I think you’ve learned something you type the above. Your home value dropped thanks to Powell. You had no control over that. That is how collateralized debt works.

It’s simple math, my friend. How to grow an economy. I guess I grow my business with QE. If I gave it to a Republican, he’d fuck it up. LOL
Bush did TARP, and Obama upped him big time with 6 straight years of QE to nearly double the debt and preserve TBTF.

1. I don't know who Powell is and 2. My home values haven't dropped.
Just can't make this stuff up.

Federal Reserve · Chairman
Jerome Powell
William Martin was the longest serving chair, holding the position from 1951 to 1970. The current Chairman is Jerome Powell , who was sworn in on February 5, 2018. [3] [4] [5] [6] He was nominated to the position by President Donald Trump on November 2, 2017, and was later confirmed by the Senate.
Chair of the Federal Reserve - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chairman_of_the_Federal_Reserve

Suckers. Only you people believed that 9 trillion in Obama debt could be eliminated in 8 years.

Obama Debt?
G.W. Bush’s temporary tax cuts being made permanent, increased Social Security and Medicare spending as more Baby Boomers retire and become 65 years old and the Afghanistan and Iraq wars - that was all Obama's doing?

What the numbers show is that the total debt increased the most at 184% over 8 years and at the fastest rate under President Reagan at almost 14% per year. In fact, the three Republican presidents had the fastest growing debt on a yearly basis.

Reagan
  • Started Presidency: $965 billion
  • Ended Presidency: $2.74 trillion
  • Increased 184% or 13.9% per year
H.W. Bush
  • Started Presidency: $2.74 trillion
  • Ended Presidency: $4.23 trillion
  • Increased 54% or 11.5% per year (only in office for four years)
Clinton
  • Started Presidency: $4.23 trillion
  • Ended Presidency: $5.77 trillion
  • Increased 36% or 4.0% per year
W. Bush
  • Started Presidency: $5.77 trillion
  • Ended Presidency: $11.1 trillion
  • Increased 93% or 8.5% per year
Obama
  • Started Presidency: $11.1 trillion
  • Ended Presidency: $19.85 trillion
  • Increased 78% or 7.5% per year
President Obama’s debt actually grew at a slower annual rate than any of the Republican presidents even though there were events that negatively impacted the deficit that started before he became President. The Great Recession is probably the biggest of them as can be seen in the yearly deficit numbers.

Source: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GFDEBTN

Obama Debt?
G.W. Bush’s temporary tax cuts being made permanent, increased Social Security and Medicare spending as more Baby Boomers retire and become 65 years old and the Afghanistan and Iraq wars - that was all Obama's doing?

What the numbers show is that the total debt increased the most at 184% over 8 years and at the fastest rate under President Reagan at almost 14% per year. In fact, the three Republican presidents had the fastest growing debt on a yearly basis.

Reagan
H.W. Bush
Clinton
W. Bush
Obama
President Obama’s debt actually grew at a slower annual rate than any of the Republican presidents even though there were events that negatively impacted the deficit that started before he became President. The Great Recession is probably the biggest of them as can be seen in the yearly deficit numbers.

Remember what happened the last time I parsed your data source? This is gonna be fun.

Obama Debt?

Reagan
H.W. Bush
Clinton
W. Bush
Obama

Fake News Booty.

Back