Espola's newest neighborhood

You will find it is the same with most of what you believe.
Always learning, huspolito.
I could have just let the old story turn into the truth, but I always dig, and what I find wont be a secret.
I could have just let it go, but I dont think it would have honored the memory of my great uncle.
It's a little cup of class to drink however you want.
Don't waste it.

Back from urgent care after three rounds of respiratory therapy for my COPD. While there, wife cautioned that if I didn't take more care of myself, I was going to die from it. I told her that it has always been my plan to die from a perfectly-timed gunshot to the back of the head delivered by a jealous husband.

That's an old joke, but I don't think she has heard it before.

Back from urgent care after three rounds of respiratory therapy for my COPD. While there, wife cautioned that if I didn't take more care of myself, I was going to die from it. I told her that it has always been my plan to die from a perfectly-timed gunshot to the back of the head delivered by a jealous husband.

I wish you luck in the afterlife.

One side effect they warned me about from the therapy is that I might get "jittery" - and I had three of them. Now I'm wired like a truck driver - can't sleep, don't want to eat. I wonder what the crash will be like.

One side effect they warned me about from the therapy is that I might get "jittery" - and I had three of them. Now I'm wired like a truck driver - can't sleep, don't want to eat. I wonder what the crash will be like.

I finally got some sleep and woke up hungry.

Especially since I always stay at the cheapest hotels.

I did a little research on the finances of Palomar Health, which, since it is a public agency, are posted online. Their largest source of operating revenue is Medicare (about 24%) followed by several categories of private insurance payments. Only about 1% comes from direct private payments.

Update from today -- my "new" Sharp HMO/Medicare primary care doctor is the same guy I saw before 15 years ago at another medical office when he was trying to reduce my cholesterol counts, even though my numbers were already lower than my father's after similar treatment. I brought along my copy of the Palomar Hospital records from my visit there last August and my ER visit there in March. He said that the big new hospital could be in financial trouble because it was built bigger than needed for current business and equipped for ultra-modern techniques (like robotic surgery) for which there is not enough demand to satisfy the surgeons they hired (so they left for places like UCSD hospital).

I was going to suggest to my kids that they could get me a USS John S McCain DDG-56 crew cap for Father's Day, but the one I like most is sold out.

Make-America-Great-Again-Hat-Donald-Trump-Cap-GOP-Republican-Adjust-Baseball-Cap-Patriots-Hat-Trump_1024x1024@2x.jpg

This one didn't burn down the USS Forrestal......

We got our first SDGE bill today since we signed up for time-of-use program. Summer electrical generation rates for On-Peak power are $.32297 per kwh, Off-Peak is $.10366, and Super-Off-Peak is $.05297. On-Peak times are 4PM to 9PM, Super-Off Peak midnight to 6AM, or until 2PM Saturday, Sunday and Holidays. That's not all the charges, but SDGE's "Delivery Charge" is the same for all times of day at $.23568, and taxes fees, etc ignore time of use. These are the lowest rates, since our usage is below the 130% Baseline level. Supposedly they go up sharply for big users - which we may find out as we get into AC season.

Just looking for some equal treatment here -- How come when a woman wears a top that exposes half her breasts (nipples just not showing) it is appealing, but when I do the same thing it is disgusting?

Just looking for some equal treatment here -- How come when a woman wears a top that exposes half her breasts (nipples just not showing) it is appealing, but when I do the same thing it is disgusting?
You are old, getting there ain't for the weak at heart but it beats the alternative.

You are old, getting there ain't for the weak at heart but it beats the alternative.

I am not a doctor, but all the doctors who have looked at my EKG printouts (at least three in the last year) say my heart is fine. But my lungs are a different story. The doctor who is our landlord stopped by last weekend to check on some repairs to our unit and said I should be on oxygen. My new/old primary care doc says they need to run further tests to determine whether it is episodic asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema in order to supply the proper treatment. They have ruled out cancer and infections (tuberculosis, influenza, etc) based on blood chemistry and x-rays, although I am on a short course of antibiotics just to be sure.

And the silver lining of the cloud is that I have lost about 30 pounds since last August.

You can answer your own question quite easily.....

That " Spola " projection was rather disturbing.

I am not a doctor, but all the doctors who have looked at my EKG printouts (at least three in the last year) say my heart is fine. But my lungs are a different story. The doctor who is our landlord stopped by last weekend to check on some repairs to our unit and said I should be on oxygen. My new/old primary care doc says they need to run further tests to determine whether it is episodic asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema in order to supply the proper treatment. They have ruled out cancer and infections (tuberculosis, influenza, etc) based on blood chemistry and x-rays, although I am on a short course of antibiotics just to be sure.

And the silver lining of the cloud is that I have lost about 30 pounds since last August.
I'll pray for you.

Did you go to MIT..............???

Back