Espola's newest neighborhood

I will play along in ignoring the red, bolded, italicized and underlined reading between It took me all day to understand this. the lines and simply offer this.

The fellow on the far left appears to me to be a member of the 1%. And given the continuing codes and unwritten ground rules amongst the 1%, I’d go with a certain organization associated with the number 81. Amirite or amirite?

That being said, your restraint in putting up with the cabal of nincompoops here is admirable. And your expectation that the local police are taking your recent assault claim seriously is not factoring in their bias in thinking you’re a full patched rider. Not to mention why the golf course where you’ve been stealing golf balls is reluctant to seek felony charges against you.

$500 of beer is being anonymously donated to the HA El Cajon clubhouse.

It took me all day to understand this, which gives me some concern about the neurology exam I am scheduled for tomorrow AM. Getting ready for that, I found some discharge papers from the hospital that I apparently initialed and signed in various places, but that I don't remember ever seeing before a few minutes ago.

It took me all day to understand this, which gives me some concern about the neurology exam I am scheduled for tomorrow AM. Getting ready for that, I found some discharge papers from the hospital that I apparently initialed and signed in various places, but that I don't remember ever seeing before a few minutes ago.
I’ve never thought about the legal enforcement of signing medical releases following neurological episodes. Of course you’ve agreed to binding arbitration, that’s a given. So no bench or jury trial, but they make you sign before you leave, and you’re still under some varying degree of mental incapacity.

Anyway. My ridiculous innuendo that you’re a full patch member of the most notorious outlaw motorcycle club in the world is all in jest. You’ll come to realize this as your memory returns.

Ive never heard of an HA get knocked down by a homeless guy.
Could be a first.

One of my Pt Mugu NAS buddies got his discharge while still stationed there, mid 70's. In 1980 he got married to a girl he had met while attending Santa Barbara City College. Her family lived in Rancho Santa Fe, where her father was a stockbroker. They held a Saturday party/Sunday wedding in the family backyard. Over that weekend I hooked up again with several other guys who were enlisted sailors at the same time at Pt Mugu, including one guy who had joined the Ventura Hells Angels. Sunday AM several of the guys who were hung over from the Saturday PM party were standing around the driveway of the of the house passing around various hairs of various dogs when the groom came out and talked us all into going to the backyard so they could start the ceremonies. I am sure the visiting NY family members had good stories to tell the folks back home about their cousin's new hubby, a hippie carpenter, and their friends the California surfers, bikers, dopers and college students.

I’ve never thought about the legal enforcement of signing medical releases following neurological episodes. Of course you’ve agreed to binding arbitration, that’s a given. So no bench or jury trial, but they make you sign before you leave, and you’re still under some varying degree of mental incapacity.

Anyway. My ridiculous innuendo that you’re a full patch member of the most notorious outlaw motorcycle club in the world is all in jest. You’ll come to realize this as your memory returns.

If they just settle for the Medicare and supplemental coverage, I have already paid my side of the insurance wager. Plus I paid (or maybe it was my son who paid - don't remember) the $60 for the first month's prescription Saturday.

If I get a biker club invite, could I offer the golf ball salvage as proof I have already committed the required initiation felony? Then all I would need is a bike.

If they just settle for the Medicare and supplemental coverage, I have already paid my side of the insurance wager. Plus I paid (or maybe it was my son who paid - don't remember) the $60 for the first month's prescription Saturday.

If I get a biker club invite, could I offer the golf ball Theft as proof I have already committed the required initiation felony? Then all I would need is a bike.

81's don't associate with " Your " type......

Espola, make sure you turn on your "find my phone" location features on in your phone. If your blacking out for days, probably want a way to be located if you go... wandering.

Sorry that you got mugged. Pretty cool that you beat him off you. My hat off to your magnanimity amigo.

Espola, make sure you turn on your "find my phone" location features on in your phone. If your blacking out for days, probably want a way to be located if you go... wandering.

Sorry that you got mugged. Pretty cool that you beat him off you. My hat off to your magnanimity amigo.

None of the police who are investigating the assault have suggested that my behavior was in any way criminal, although I must admit that if my assailant had collapsed bleeding after the second blow I would have hit him again more than once before calling 911. When I called the lead detective back after my hospital episode, one of his questions was whether any of the doctors could link the attack to the collapse 8 days later. The answer is no, but the answer is really "We don't know". It turns out from a lifestyle viewpoint that it is better if DMV believes that the collapse is a one-time thing caused by being punched in the head rather than something else that makes them more nervous for public safety, like late-onset epilepsy. The neurologist I saw yesterday admitted he didn't know what caused it despite three CT scans (brain, upper spine, lower spine), a complete EEG session, and an MRI of my head before they let me out the door. There is no bleeding or blood clot visible, and no significant congenital abnormality (my right jugular sinus is larger than my left jugular sinus, but not out of the range of normal variation.

So I have had one documented episode of seizures in 71 years, and I am now taking a prescription anti-seizure medicine, and the DMV should suddenly be concerned? In any event, I am scheduled for a followup EEG Oct 1.

My wife is on an international trip (she is helping organize one of the first, if not THE first, international real estate conferences ever held in Hanoi - apparently the Viet Minh follow-ons have enough money they want to invest, or they want to attract outside investors in VN RE). She is so committed to this conference being seen as a success that she ignored the fact that it opens on our 30th wedding anniversary. I had planned to rub that in by taking a week-long driving trip by myself up through the Sierra Nevada National Parks, a couple of days with my kids in Sacramento, and then return via the newly repaired Big Sur road just in time to pick her up at the airport on her return, but now I'm losing 4-1 in the family council on the question "Dad shouldn't drive". At the same time, my daughter is on a 9-day trip to Spain, which she offered to cancel so she could come to SD and be my driver for a while.

When I grow up I wanna be just like E! He's tough, courageous and doesn't suffer fools gladly, like the Trump nut-suckers in here.

Since NAFTA is in the news, this film may be of interest.

https://www.nfb.ca/film/two_countries_one_street/

The calendar in one scene says December 1954. My family moved to Derby in August 1956. Hope Greenwood, the youngest of the Greenwood sisters show in Beebe, was my high school girlfriend a few years after the filming, right at about the time we moved to New Hampshire, so we traded letters for a couple of months.

View attachment 3093
I’m just thrilled that Amazon is marketing recycled golf balls in the ad banners in this thread.

Cheerio to the wily entrepreneurs at the start of this stream of commerce foraging along private golf resort fairways to gather their sordid yet gently used quarry.

Water hazards are where the money is made.
Obviously the ad banners very quickly capture words in our posts and thread titles to align with books, equipment, dvds, etc. My Russia with Love thread has every version of Ian Fleming’s 007 agent products for sale. The pro-gun and anti-gun threads have lots of NRA crap.

One can only imagine if some scalawag ruffian wisenheimer were to start a thread and fill it with “nononono” to see what Jeff Bezo’s algorithm would cook up...

But fortunately there’s certainly no such retrobate hooligan knuckle-dragger to start such mischief-making here....

What shithole autocratic lawless dictatorship do you live in your delusional fantasy world?
DmCn0e4VAAAUx-X.jpg

Back