Espola's newest neighborhood

Years ago I was on jury duty, the old fashioned kind where you had to come in every day for a week. One of Anthony Bourdain's books was in the jurors' bookshelf. One thing I still remember from the book was the advice not to order fish in a restaurant on Monday.

From one his TV shows I learned from something he said more or less as an aside about how to reduce the chances of cutting your fingers while slicing or chopping with a knife - roll your fingertips under and guide the knife blade with your knuckles.

Ha....The Golf Ball Thief now knows to roll his fingers and the source of his
sickness on Monday evenings .....

Well-placed advertising -- on the stairway leading down from Mankind Cooperative on Miramar Road, there is a school-blackboard-sized ad for the Cajun-style restaurant downstairs, colorfully done and looking like a menu.

At the top of the board -- "Hungry? You will be soon!"

Well-placed advertising -- on the stairway leading down from Mankind Cooperative on Miramar Road, there is a school-blackboard-sized ad for the Cajun-style restaurant downstairs, colorfully done and looking like a menu.

At the top of the board -- "Hungry? You will be soon!"
Any news on the conservative California legislative front?

In 1968 my parents moved to a house that had been first built in 1843 and to which several modifications had been made over the years. We were told that at one time it was a doctor's office and residence. We used it as a 5-bedroom, 2-bath house with central hot-water-radiator heating, 2 fireplaces that had been converted to electric heat bulbs that were no longer available on the market, and a big coal-burning stove in the kitchen (for heat and breadmaking). After they sold it in 1987, the new owner converted it to a 7-bedroom, 3-bath B&B, complete with commercial kitchen and gift shop. Now my siblings and I are in discussion with a historian who is trying to gather data as the place is being converted to an art museum with space upstairs for a local web-only radio station.

36087054_1727255184017359_3978807417537298432_n.jpg

The matron of honor at our wedding in 1988 was an old friend of my wife from her younger days in the Philippines, who, at the time of the wedding, had recently had surgery for brain cancer. On our first anniversary, we went to San Francisco to visit her - by that time she was low in energy and mostly confined to her home. We took her 13-year-old daughter out for a day on the town - lunch, baseball game at Candlestick, trip to the beach for sunset, dinner. The mother passed away less than a year later.

The father of her daughter was involved in Philippine politics, and eventually became Mayor of Tanauan City. Until this weekend --

https://www.philstar.com/other-sect...ows-moment-when-tanauan-mayor-halili-was-shot

This made me think of you.
I dont know why.
DhyvVq1VAAI7fRQ.jpg:large

After my mother's service a couple of years ago in Vermont, we kids decided we didn't want Dad driving all the way back to Florida alone. I took the first 2-day shift as co-driver, from my sister's place in New Hampshire to my brother's in Pennsylvania. The night we shared a hotel room near the Pennsylvania/New York/New Jersey border, he warned about the things that were going to happen to me when I got a little older. I thanked him but told him the warnings were too late.

After my mother's service a couple of years ago in Vermont, we kids decided we didn't want Dad driving all the way back to Florida alone. I took the first 2-day shift as co-driver, from my sister's place in New Hampshire to my brother's in Pennsylvania. The night we shared a hotel room near the Pennsylvania/New York/New Jersey border, he warned about the things that were going to happen to me when I got a little older. I thanked him but told him the warnings were too late.
Getting old is tough and not for the faint at heart, but it beats the alternative. I know plenty of people that will never experience it. Some through happenstance, others that took the cowards way out.

Getting old is tough and not for the faint at heart, but it beats the alternative. I know plenty of people that will never experience it. Some through happenstance, others that took the cowards way out.

Well, I still have my hair.

As for the "coward's way out", at some point one's existence becomes no more than a burden to society, family, and self. I hope I don't get to the point where the power to make sucha decision is taken out of my hands.

Well, I still have my hair.

As for the "coward's way out", at some point one's existence becomes no more than a burden to society, family, and self. I hope I don't get to the point where the power to make sucha decision is taken out of my hands.
I'm talking about relatively healthy, young people with lots to live for, despite apparently mental issues . . . well at least none of the ones I know decided to take anyone else with them. Well, with one exception.

I forget which thread we were talking about getting "Hot Russian women" banners, so I'll post here. Now I have seen some "Meet Mexican women" for some reason, probably lil joe's posts and adds in Japanese. As I'm looking up things in and around Osaka. Not sure I like being spied on by computers.

I forget which thread we were talking about getting "Hot Russian women" banners, so I'll post here. Now I have seen some "Meet Mexican women" for some reason, probably lil joe's posts and adds in Japanese. As I'm looking up things in and around Osaka. Not sure I like being spied on by computers.
What are you hiding?

The ads are based on your internet history.
My ads are mostly trailers, tools and appliances.
lol.

Back