Espola's newest neighborhood

Call Dennis Hof, you left it on the counter. Along with any self respect.
You're right. You've been so all along. Almost from the very beginning. I'm Bob Zmuda. Dennis and I, along with our dear departed cohort Andy Kaufman are degenerate liberal, Democrat snowflakes.

It's all true. Dennis has his Bunny Ranch, and Andy and I were frequent customers. We three would lament about Reagan, then HW Bush's horrible politics that ignored and tried to outlaw the adult entertainment industry.

Since Andy's death, Dennis Hof and I are quite close friends, and I'm a frequent guest at his "ranch". True, dyed in the wool Democrats throwing taxpayer money on problems.

We both are ardently anti-Trump fanatics. Insane, really. And quite unhinged about it.

The fortunate thing is we're both adamant about our hatred of Republicans, conservatives, and especially the Trump train wreck as it destroys our country.

We vowed neither of us would ever get involved in politics, but if push came to shove, we'd do all we can to stop Trump at any cost. And that's the TRUTH!!!!

You're right. You've been so all along. Almost from the very beginning. I'm Bob Zmuda. Dennis and I, along with our dear departed cohort Andy Kaufman are degenerate liberal, Democrat snowflakes.

It's all true. Dennis has his Bunny Ranch, and Andy and I were frequent customers. We three would lament about Reagan, then HW Bush's horrible politics that ignored and tried to outlaw the adult entertainment industry.

Since Andy's death, Dennis Hof and I are quite close friends, and I'm a frequent guest at his "ranch". True, dyed in the wool Democrats throwing taxpayer money on problems.

We both are ardently anti-Trump fanatics. Insane, really. And quite unhinged about it.

The fortunate thing is we're both adamant about our hatred of Republicans, conservatives, and especially the Trump train wreck as it destroys our country.

We vowed neither of us would ever get involved in politics, but if push came to shove, we'd do all we can to stop Trump at any cost. And that's the TRUTH!!!!
Scratching, yawning, burping, and maybe (probably) farting..

QUOTE="Nonononono, post: 179486, member: 2987"

It's all true. Dennis has his Bunny Ranch, and Andy and I were frequent customers. We three would lament about Reagan,
( Dennis is 71 years old. )
( Andy Kaufman would be 70 in Jan of 2019 )
( Your five years older than Dennis... )
( You're also Full of Donkey Spode. )

then HW Bush's horrible politics that ignored and tried to outlaw the adult entertainment industry.

Buttsauce Bob Lying out his ass again....

/QUOTE

You are sooo Full of Shit ...Dennis Hof is a Conservative.
Now what Buttsauce Bob......

LgqMkqz8_bigger.jpg

Dennis Hof
@ElectHof
Dennis Hof is a successful businessman,
author & reality TV star of HBO’s award-winning
“Cathouse.” He's running for State Assembly
District 36 in rural Nevada

Dennis Hof‏ @ElectHof

LAT: "Hof has been actively pursuing the Assembly...as the anti-establishment candidate in the Trump mold, as he sees it. And though prostitution is legal in Nye County, it's hard to imagine a candidate more anti-establishment than a brothel owner."

5:28 PM - 13 Mar 2018

It's all true. Dennis has his Bunny Ranch, and Andy and I were frequent customers. We three would lament about Reagan,

then HW Bush's horrible politics that ignored and tried to outlaw the adult entertainment industry.

/QUOTE

LgqMkqz8_bigger.jpg

Dennis Hof
@ElectHof

Dennis Hof‏ @ElectHof

LAT: "Hof has been actively pursuing the Assembly...as the anti-establishment candidate in the Trump mold, as he sees it. And though prostitution is legal in Nye County, it's hard to imagine a candidate more anti-establishment than a brothel owner."

Let me check my notes here, my friend.

From what I've got so far, you've spent about 6 years on three different forums arguing with an alleged dead comic and/or his buddy, one Bob Zmuda, as I think it is spelled, using a combination of Vaudevillian comic tropes to try and avoid your own humiliation by this "Bob" fellow's many ways to get under your thin skin, as it were.

My notes see "FAT BOB", "FAT SLOB BOB", "your buddy Dennis Hof", and a neverending referral to feces, urine, semen, butts, all under the guise of fishing, under the angry act that Zumba and his buddy Hof are crazy ass democrat liberals. Are my notes accurate so far? I thought so.

Now you waste a half hour looking up these people and learn that Hof is actually a Trump supporter, which makes good sense, being in the prostitution business, brothers in arms, know what in mean? Melania? Struggling young "model"? Say no more.

So Bob ain't Bob after all. And whoever he is, he's really not the commie lib he wanted you to think he was. Just a guy catching another guy being a fool typing nonsense on various forums about conspiracies that idiots can dream up that other idiots like you will believe.

Sorry if I've offended you, but I am curt and don't mince words. I talk fast, drive fast, and work fast. This new subcontract I've got to annoy you is all dependent on working up your blood pressure as quickly and often as possible. From my notes, that don't seem like so hard to do.

QUOTE="nononono, post: 180912, member: 187"

/QUOTE

LgqMkqz8_bigger.jpg

Dennis Hof
@ElectHof

Dennis Hof‏ @ElectHof

/QUOTE

QUOTE="Winston Wolf, post: 181050, member: 2701"

From what I've got so far, you've spent about 6 years on three different forums arguing with an alleged dead comic and/or his buddy, one Bob Zmuda, as I think it is spelled, using a combination of Vaudevillian comic tropes to try and avoid your own humiliation by this "Bob" fellow's many ways to get under your thin skin, as it were.

My notes see "FAT BOB", "FAT SLOB BOB", "your buddy Dennis Hof", and a neverending referral to feces, urine, semen, butts, all under the guise of fishing, under the angry act that Zumba and his buddy Hof are crazy ass democrat liberals. Are my notes accurate so far? I thought so.

Now you waste a half hour looking up these people and learn that Hof is actually a Trump supporter, which makes good sense, being in the prostitution business, brothers in arms, know what in mean? Melania? Struggling young "model"? Say no more.

So Bob ain't Bob after all. And whoever he is, he's really not the commie lib he wanted you to think he was. Just a guy catching another guy being a fool typing nonsense on various forums about conspiracies that idiots can dream up that other idiots like you will believe.

Sorry if I've offended you, but I am curt and don't mince words. I talk fast, drive fast, and work fast. This new subcontract I've got to annoy you is all dependent on working up your blood pressure as quickly and often as possible. From my notes, that don't seem like so hard to do.

/QUOTE

Here's a box of tissues for your tears.......

tissue-paper-box-500x500.jpg

And here's a Band-aid for that festering wound.....

n-BAND-AID-628x314.jpg

QUOTE="nononono, post: 180912, member: 187"

/QUOTE

LgqMkqz8_bigger.jpg

Dennis Hof
@ElectHof

Dennis Hof‏ @ElectHof

/QUOTE

QUOTE="Winston Wolf, post: 181050, member: 2701"

/QUOTE

Here's a box of tissues for your tears.......

tissue-paper-box-500x500.jpg

And here's a Band-aid for that festering wound.....

n-BAND-AID-628x314.jpg

Oh good. I got the right fella here. My notes say. Now wait a moment for my to check.
Yes. Here it is. "likes to use obfuscation with pictures to avoid any direct answers." Funny word obfuscation. Had to look it up. Avoiding stuff. Same difference to me.

But I can see your blood pressure's up a tad. So I'm on the mark.

Oh good. I got the right fella here. My notes say. Now wait a moment for my to check.
Yes. Here it is. "likes to use obfuscation with pictures to avoid any direct answers." Funny word obfuscation. Had to look it up. Avoiding stuff. Same difference to me.

But I can see your blood pressure's up a tad. So I'm on the mark.

balikcinin-oltasi-hayatini-karartti,XLOgNmisdUG-zvHOIMR_gQ.jpg

Just relax ......and there we go...Bob bites again !

First bus trip today since MTS opened the new freeway-level bus stations in the median of SR15 under El Cajon Blvd and University Ave. Even though the bus no longer has to pull up to street level and wait for any traffic lights, the printed schedule doesn't show any improvement in time compared to the older schedule. I saw why - the single lane reserved for buses has a 25 MPH speed limit.

Good old Jerry Brown and his " Bullet " Train......what a fiasco....

California's $77 billion 'bullet train to nowhere' faces a murky future as political opposition ramps up

• California's next governor will likely decide the fate of the state's high-speed rail project, and two leading GOP candidates oppose it.
  • One of the two Democratic front-runners in the race also has real concerns.
  • A business plan shows the project's baseline cost is $77 billion, up 20 percent from two years ago. Its opening date has been delayed four years, too.
Jeff Daniels | @jeffdanielsca
Published 12:38 PM ET Mon, 12 March 2018 Updated 7:03 PM ET Mon, 12 March 2018

105058966-AP_18030048535898.1910x1000.jpg

Rich Pedroncelli | AP
One of the elevated sections of the high-speed rail under construction in Fresno, Calif.

Although it has been dubbed a "bullet train to nowhere," California Gov. Jerry Brown has pushed forward over the years with the state's high-speed rail project. But now the day of reckoning may come sooner than expected for the state's most expensive infrastructure project.

A business plan released Friday by the California High-Speed Rail Authority shows its projected baseline cost is now $77 billion — up 20 percent from two years ago — and it indicated the cost could rise to as high as $98 billion. The opening date for the Los Angeles-to-San Francisco bullet train has also been delayed by at least four years, to 2033.

"It appears that they are finally bringing forth more realistic cost estimates and a more realistic schedule," said Stephen Levy, executive director and senior economist with the Center for Continuing Study of the California Economy, a Menlo Park-based research group. "The whole project remains in doubt as the costs increase and the funding gap increases."

Political uncertainty and opposition to the project have only increased over time. A decade ago, California voters approved Proposition 1A, authorizing nearly $10 billion in bond money for the construction of the high-speed rail system.

Since the 2008 vote, though, the project been plagued by delays and cost overruns, and polls show most California voters want the funds to go for something else other than high-speed rail.

Tunneling challenges
The bullet train line's 119-mile Central Valley segment under construction in the less populated area from Madera to north of Bakersfield is scheduled to open by 2022, and the partial route between San Francisco and Bakersfield isn't likely to be operational until 2029, according to the business plan. It said planning work has advanced on the 500-mile corridor between San Francisco and Los Angeles/Anaheim, but indicated the project remains short of financing to complete all the work.

In particular, there's cost and various other challenges posed by the tunneling through the Pacheco Pass, which the business plan termed "the critical link between the Silicon Valley and the Central Valley. This tunnels segment, required to connect San Francisco and Gilroy to the Central Valley, presents challenges in terms of environmental planning, cost, technical complexity, schedule and available funding to complete."

"It's crazy time with this thing," said Pat Bates, the Republican leader in the state Senate. "Every time we get a new report it's more money and more time. It's a boondoggle. At some point you have to pull the plug."

""It's a boondoggle. At some point you have to pull the plug."" -Pat Bates, California state Senate GOP leader
Brown, a Democrat who is ineligible to run for re-election, will leave office in January 2019. Brown's spokesman, Gareth Lacy, said by email: "The governor made his support for high-speed rail very clear in his prepared State of the State address, and that hasn't changed."

In his State of the State address in January, Brown said: "Yes, it costs lots of money but it is still cheaper and more convenient than expanding airports and building new freeways to meet the growing demand. It will be fast, quiet and powered by renewable electricity and last for a hundred years."

In the end, policy experts say the state's next governor will likely decide the fate of the high-speed rail. The state's Democratic-led state legislature also will need to go along with it and overcome likely challenges by labor unions. The California Labor Federation's website touts the project and said the state "cannot afford to abandon high-speed rail now."

Construction jobs

According to state officials, the high-speed rail project has already created more than 1,500 construction jobs in the Central Valley, from building elevated track structures and performing rail trenching to adding bridge crossings. The labor group estimates there will be thousands of additional jobs created due to the project in future years.

But critics argue that the costs will outweigh the benefits.

"You can imagine a new governor with new priorities will just look at the trade-offs being too high," said Adrian Moore, a policy expert at the Reason Foundation, a Los Angeles-based free-market think tank. "How much are we not investing in the transportation system that people are actually using ... because we're shoveling all this money into high-speed rail. And that's just going to get worse in the coming years. Someone has to be willing to go with public opinion, instead of prevailing wisdom in Sacramento, and kill this thing."

A June 5 primary will decide which two gubernatorial candidates, regardless of party, advance to the general election Nov. 6.

Among the gubernatorial candidates, longtime front-runner Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom was an early supporter of the 2008 rail bond issue to help finance construction, but the Democrat has since expressed real concerns on the proposed rail plan. A spokesperson for Newsom didn't respond when asked about the new rail authority's business plan.

However, Antonio Villaraigosa, a Democrat and former Los Angeles mayor who as of January was in a virtual tie in the race with Newsom, said in a statement he supports the rail project and claims "unlike others," his position has been consistent.

California Assemblyman Travis Allen and businessman John H. Cox, the two leading Republican candidates for governor, vowed in tweets last week to block the project if elected.

According to the high-speed rail authority, once the Los Angeles-to-San Francisco bullet train is completed it will allow people to travel in just under three hours on the route and at speeds reaching more than 200 miles per hour. Moreover, it said the plan is to eventually extend the system to Sacramento and San Diego, which will result in the high-speed rail system having a total of some 800 miles and as many as two dozen stations.

In the meantime, several executives have exited the California High-Speed Rail Authority in the past year. Jeff Morales, the authority's CEO, left in June, and others soon followed. Morales held the job for about five years.

Funding uncertainty

"In this draft plan, we show that our cost estimates have increased and we need greater certainty on funding in order to fully deliver the initial Silicon Valley to Central Valley Line," Brian Kelly, the high-speed rail authority's new CEO, said in a letter accompanying the 114-page business plan.

Kelly was unavailable for interviews for this story.

"Regardless of what this business plan said, the political and funding reality was that they don't really have enough money to build what they want to do — certainly not statewide," said Ethan Elkind, the climate program director at UC Berkeley School of Law and an expert on California transit and rail issues. "Basically they can complete this initial 119-mile segment in the Central Valley, but it will be a bit of a stranded asset until they can connect it at least to the [San Francisco] Bay area."

Added Elkind: "In the interim, they are sort of looking at a fallback option of just basically building a new rail right-of-way that Amtrak could use and benefit from and make some revenue on it. But it's certainly not high-speed rail and it's certainly not connecting the major parts of the state together."

Lack of private funds
In addition to the $10 billion in initial bond money state voters approved in 2008, California secured about $3.3 billion in federal stimulus funds in 2009 — and has already burned through about $2.5 billion of that money. Last summer, the state legislature voted to extend California's cap-and-trade program through 2030, but critics say revenue from the greenhouse gas-emissions reduction program still won't be enough to fund the high-speed rail project.

"It is a horrifically, poorly thought-out project from day one," said Jon Coupal, the president of the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association, a watchdog group. "The original proposal said a third of the money would come from the bonds, a third from the federal government, and a third from the private sector."

Coupal said the private-sector money "isn't there since no sane investor would ever put money into this thing, and the federal government cut off the spigot a long time ago. So Governor Brown is relying on the cap-and-trade revenue, although that isn't generating enough revenue to keep this thing going."

Similarly, economist Levy believes that, as the high-speed rail project's gap in funding gets bigger and the state moves into a time of more retirements and less job growth, it will become less likely that private funding sources would pick up costs for the bullet train.

That said, Levy thinks that the high-speed rail project has some potential benefits by connecting cheaper housing in the Bakersfield area to the L.A./San Fernando Valley areas as well as more affordable housing along the northern corridor of the system into Silicon Valley.

In fact, Levy believes even the major tech companies would pick up some of their employees' travel cost for using the high-speed rail since it "would be pocket change in terms of their commitment to housing and environment and getting a good workforce."

SDGE has a nice webpage where one can track energy use from day to day (and even hour to hour for electricity) usually accurate and complete up through the preceding day. One of the included features is an estimate of what the monthly bill might be, based on current numbers. It used to be pretty accurate, but something has changed. Today's numbers --

You are 14 days into your billing cycle.

Estimated Cost to Date $49.92

Forecasted Bill this Month $52 - $87​

Anyone who has passed 6th-grade arithmetic can see that last number is way off, nothing like the excellent estimates provided in the past.

So I thought I would do SDGE a favor by reporting the problem - then I found another problem. There is a "Chat" page where allegedly anyone can converse with a real person at SDGE. In order to initiate a Chat, one must first enter a name, email address, and phone number - except then I enter a phone number in the phone number block it responds with an alert -- "Only numbers can be used in this field". Fancy that. I tried reformatting the number several ways without success, so I backed up through the webpage and found a phone number I could call. That led to 2 menus with no appropriate options - "representative" - 10 minutes of "Your call is important to us" - then I finally got through and related what I had found to a bored-sounding operator - "Yes we made some changes last week. I will pass this on to our analysts".

She probably thinks I am an old fogey with nothing better to do than complain to the power company.

I don't think there would be much point to announcing a personal boycott against Starbuck's since I have never actually bought anything there in the last 8 years (at least).

I have never even been in or to a starbucks.

The first Starbucks I saw was in the Phoenix airport while waiting for a flight back to San Diego sometime in the mid-90's. A woman in our traveling party ordered something ten words long. I didn't want to drink coffee right before boarding an airliner so I drank some of the water in my daypack (remember when you could take a bottle of water into an airport?).

I'm a big fan of 7-11 coffee (or the equivalent at most gas statons).

Back