End of Summer

Great fall season. There has been a little change to the Tiers but mostly remain the same. I think most major tournaments are done until State, might be one in there but it seems like the tiers are set from now until state.

Tier 1
Blues and Slammers are looking like the two best in SoCal and slammers I believe are the only team to beat the blues this year. Major applause to blues for being unbeaten for so long and slammers for finding a way to beat them. Blues win surf and Slammers win Silverlakes over thanksgiving so it’s looking like they are the two favorites for State final.

Tier 2
LAGSB, Legends, Legends West, Eagles, CDA Slammers, surf green, LAGSD

CDA has been playing well as of late and could move to tier 1 soon. The legends teams and surf green are very close as well. State should be a battle.

What do you guys think? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks for getting some chatter going Summers on the Pitch, it's definitely been quiet on here lately. I would also add the other SD Surf team & LAGOC to the tiers...either in Tier 2 or the top of Tier 3. I think the tiers above are pretty accurate, and given some recent results, I think you could argue CDA & Legends are right there on the cusp of Tier 1...they both played Blues & Slammers to 1-goal games this past weekend in their respective championship games.

Are any teams headed to Vegas Cup in January?

Hi all,
Just wanted to give my final update before state begins next weekend.

Tier 1:
Blues and Slammers. Will be surprised if this isn’t the state cup final.

Tier 1a:
Legends FC G08. Very good team but can’t beat blues or Slammers.

Tier 2:
Legends west, SD Surf Green, Eagles, CDA, LAGSD. These teams have a shot at beating the above teams in a one game situation but I don’t think they could do it consistently. State will be interesting, looking forward to some upsets.

Tier 2a:
LAGSB. They have not looked good lately and could slip to Tier 3.

Tier 3: everyone else. I don’t see anyone from tier 3 making quarter finals.

Comments about state: Group of death is the one that has eagles, blues and Slammers. Eagles are a good team but unfortunately looks like they may be heading home very early being in the same group as the other two, I’m hoping next year the groups are selected better. I predict blues and Slammers will meet twice in state cup, once in group and then in the final. I think it will be 3-2 Slammers. Good luck everyone! Wish you all the best of luck and hope you enjoy the break after a long club season.

Back