ECNL Week 3

IMO, effort at practice should always be there. I could understand what their thought process could be during a game. Loose 50/50 ball, do I go in hard knowing I might end up with an injury? IMO, probably not worth it in the grand scheme of things.

I agree on 95% of what you say but I differ a little on this belief. A player can't ever play scared. I believe in avoiding collisions if possible but the college game is pretty physical. If a player is not ready for it then they will not play much as a freshman. I see plenty of skilled players week in and week out get pushed off of the ball. Even the most technical players on my player's team can mix it up.

If you look at the SoCal 2016 players that are playing significant minutes in college not one of them took it easy this year including Korniak at Colorado. There have been quite a few SoCal freshman that have made an impact this year and I expect to see many familiar names on conference all freshman teams including

I agree on 95% of what you say but I differ a little on this belief. A player can't ever play scared. I believe in avoiding collisions if possible but the college game is pretty physical. If a player is not ready for it then they will not play much as a freshman. I see plenty of skilled players week in and week out get pushed off of the ball. Even the most technical players on my player's team can mix it up.

If you look at the SoCal 2016 players that are playing significant minutes in college not one of them took it easy this year including Korniak at Colorado. There have been quite a few SoCal freshman that have made an impact this year and I expect to see many familiar names on conference all freshman teams including
I wouldn't say players are "scared" to go into a tackle, because they wouldn't be playing at this level if that was the case. I would say, the proper word would be cautious their senior year.

I believe MacKenzie Cerda and Annika Rodriguez both playing at UCLA were also injured during their HS senior year. Both ended up not playing much as freshmens either. A current USC freshmen player also developed a nagging injury during her her HS senior year....same outcome.

Cerda had an internal injury that she was fully recovered from by fall season

Our coach asked at the beginning of the season, "Do you want to just train and prepare for college, relax and enjoy the last year of club or win a National Championship?" Every girl wanted a National Championship. Afterwards, he told me they really didn't have a choice, but he wanted to hear what they had to say :)

Wish SG asked that of the u18 team last year :(

Wish SG asked that of the u18 team last year :(

I've got to step in on this one. SG is an amazing coach and he was put in a difficult situation with his 3 best players constantly having to miss games due to various YNT camps. Trust me if they had those 3 throughout the season they wouldn't have missed the Champions League by 3 or so points. Those are the facts.

Back