ECNL vs. DA2

Would you or your DD rather play

• ECNL

• DA2

Results are only viewable after voting.

zags77

SILVER ELITE
All things equal, coach, environment, locations etc etc.....

Your DD's goal and objective is to play collegiate soccer.

Is your DD better off playing ECNL or DA2?

Well ECNL is a league and DA2 isn't.
ECNL is a National League.
DA2 is a bracket in a SoCal gaming circuit.
While I think ECNL has made a lot of mistakes - and I mean A LOT - in how they have responded to the GDA, they have the model in place and the success of running a national league and they are a marketing machine. Colleges will still follow ECNL and go to showcases.
DA2 is a local division playing in Presidio, lead by the bozo brigade for the sole purpose of keeping the $$ of the B team players so they can afford the GDA programs. It's not a national anything.
There is nothing to compare.

I'd probably say ECNL, especially during the coming transition year for U-16-U18, unless there is a DA2 coach you prefer and trust.

Real So Cal and Eagles will not be playing in ECNL next season and I heard 5-7 other SoCal clubs will not play in ECNL as well. Does anyone know which clubs?

What age?
Already in high school, I think I'd stick with ECNL as I think it will still be relevant next year. Younger than that, and I think in a year or two when they are at the "age of recruitment" the premier college coaches will have gravitated to the DA and ECNL will be fairly irrelevant except for a few pockets in the country, and certainly here in Socal. Working to try and make it from the 2nd team to the 1st team would be worthwhile.

The travel involved in ECNL is way too much $$$ for a B player IMO. I would think ECNL is the better choice but we will see in a few months...

Real So Cal and Eagles will not be playing in ECNL next season and I heard 5-7 other SoCal clubs will not play in ECNL as well. Does anyone know which clubs?

The only current ECNL teams that will have ECNL next season in SoCal are Blues, Slammers, West Coast, and Surf.

How about this variation is it relates to AZ.

Better to go ECNL with Sereno or DA2 with del Sol?

Yes I know the So Cal landscape is far different. So an opinion related to the choices in AZ would be great.

Yes I know the So Cal landscape is far different. So an opinion related to the choices in AZ would be great.
Since your in AZ and the only brand name clubs are Sereno and Del Sol. You can't to wrong with either club, because college coaches will want to see what Sereno ECNL has in the pipeline. If your DD is a YNT player, Del Sol is a better choice.

What about Ahwatuckee? Heard there are some good coaches there...
Question is how many of Awatuckee's best players have moved to Sereno and Del Sol. I know in our DDs 98/99 age group O.J.- an ASU player this fall, moved from Awatuckee to Del Sol.

At least the forum is not continuing to make the comparison between DA vs. ECNL anymore. DAII vs. ECNL is the more appropriate comparison.

At least the forum is not continuing to make the comparison between DA vs. ECNL anymore. DAII vs. ECNL is the more appropriate comparison.
I would give ECNL the edge for now, but who knows for how long. You would have to think ECNL will not go down with out a fight. Obviously it is a well run, successful organization and they don't go away that easy.

Putting aside that our first priority should be finding a great coach that can develop your child, let's talk leagues.

This whole thread is an exercise in delusion. DA2 will be, at most, a regional bracket, is a nice plan, but realistically is only a wish and a dream. But let's say those dreams come true, and DA "B" teams get their own league. Many of the Socal DA clubs do not have a current "A" team that is a top 10 Socal team in their age group. Most who do (Blues, Slammers, WCFC, Surf) are going to have ECNL as their second team. Yet for some reason the assumption is that these DA clubs will not only have a competitive A team now that they are DA, they will have a good B team as well. When was the last time you played the B teams from LA Premier, Pateadores, Albion, Carlsbad, LA Galaxy (who do not exist and appear to be punting this one to the current LA Galaxy South Bay teams) and come away impressed by the level of soccer? Even the talent at Beach and Legends gets spread thin below their current A teams, and many expereicned posters on these threads who are not part of those clubs would say their best A teams would be mid-pack in the ECNL SW conference, behind most other ECNL Socal Clubs.

Over 60% of the current ECNL clubs are staying. Another ~15% will have a team in each league. ECNL may have made mistakes, the talent will be diluted, but anyone who has participated in the league realizes it is well run, provides a far better experience than CSL Premier, SCDSL Flight 1, Presidio as well as any college showcase, and the league will continue to have a lot of very good clubs and teams in the near future.

Who exactly do you expect to be managing college showase/exposure process for DA2? US Soccer? The club DOC's? Who is the league commisioner? What fields have they secured for their events?

Is the dream to secure a DP slot for a team that likely alreayd has 20+ on their roster, where games are limited, and playing time is at a premium?

That wouldn't really make sense seeing as how there are seven clubs with membership to play in the ECNL 2017-2018, and this past season there were 8. Yes, RSC and Eagles won't have ECNL come next season, but DMSharks was added. Of course the membershipped teams could decide not to field ECNL teams, but seeing as how Arsenal isn't becoming part of the DA and Del Mar was just added, there is already two who are most likely playing ECNL this season. It's already been established by several on the forum that Blues, Slammers, WC, and Surf will play, so who does that leave? Strikers to drop ECNL? Maybe. I don't know honestly, other opinions?

Also, ultimately, do you really think that there would really only be 2-0 SoCal ECNL teams? I'm really not trying to get into the DA vs ECNL debate, however, based on everything from past success of so many SoCal clubs in the ECNL (not just results but everything else that a club can measure success by) to the DA vs ECNL debate, it would see highly unlikely for that to happen. I mean just in general it seems unlikely if you put all else aside.

And a question for anybody who knows, do the teams listed as under membership already know and have agreed to field and compete in the ECNL? Because if so then ItkS, you have your answer. If not, refer to above and whatever comes after this post.

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague...announces-initial-2017-2018-girls-membership/

Too much unknown with DA2. It's a bit like EGSL,... In short what exactly are teams playing for?

As someone mentioned ECNL is a proven league and that won't change for a few years.

I think we forgot to mention arsenal and strikers in that SoCal ECNL list.

@Desert Hound Our demographics are similar in Vegas. After attending the showcase this past weekend, my vote EASILY would be ECNL. What is the end goal in all of this? College? NT?

It's no longer about wins or loses; it's about exposure. I know Nevada teams typically struggle against SoCal, but our population of players is small in comparison. Our girls are headed to USC, Vanderbilt, Pepperdine, ASU, UW, Yale, Colorado just to name a few. Yes, they have losing records in league play. However, after playing Socal all year, when the girls get to the showcase they are prepared and do well.

Back