ECNL Playoffs in Seattle

Yes! Good luck to everyone out there this coming weekend. Looks like the weather is going to be ideal.

They haven't released the locations/dates of the playoffs or finals... only the showcases.
Thanks. Are playoffs always in Seattle or is it moved around?

Recovery day. A few good teams / clubs under Seattle skies.......A great opportunity for SW conference clubs to show their game ESPECIALLY in this 2017-2018 soft / down ECNL season. Legit contender or paper-tiger....?

Final tally for SW conference regular season winners during Seattle playoffs:

u14 .... #1 rep Heat FC lost in pool play

u15 ... #1 Striker (and #2 Slammers) headed to Virginia

u16 ... #1 Blues (and #2 Surf) headed to Virginia

u17 ... #1 Blues headed to Virginia

u18 ... #1 rep Heat FC lost in pool play

Congrats to all the players that moved on! See you in Virginia first weekend in July :)

Great event. Weather kind of sucked, but overall pretty good. Lots of coaches on Friday/Sat. Monday games had very few, as I'm sure they already left for Oceanside.

2019 playoffs in San Diego.
That's interesting given that Surf supposedly has a long term relationship with US Soccer to use the Polo and Oceanside fields....am I misunderstanding that? Maybe GDA playoffs will be in another part of the country this time next year?

Of course, there are probably other fields that can accommodate? Would be great for college coaches to have both ECNL and GDA playoffs in the same county... I just don't know enough about the pitch situation in SD.

That's interesting given that Surf supposedly has a long term relationship with US Soccer to use the Polo and Oceanside fields....am I misunderstanding that? Maybe GDA playoffs will be in another part of the country this time next year?

Of course, there are probably other fields that can accommodate? Would be great for college coaches to have both ECNL and GDA playoffs in the same county... I just don't know enough about the pitch situation in SD.

ECNL to my knowledge has only released showcase event locations for next year. DA will be in San Diego for 2019.

Can someone explain to me why we have the playoffs in Seattle when California teams dominates the ECNL circuit? Why don't we get home court advantage? I count more than half of the semi-final games containing california teams. U16 alone has 3/4 california teams in the semis. I just think that these playoffs should favor the top teams. I mean isn't that how college sports work??? Seattle was beautiful but very costly especially when I hear DA is right down the street at Oceanside.

Can someone explain to me why we have the playoffs in Seattle when California teams dominates the ECNL circuit? Why don't we get home court advantage? I count more than half of the semi-final games containing california teams. U16 alone has 3/4 california teams in the semis. I just think that these playoffs should favor the top teams. I mean isn't that how college sports work??? Seattle was beautiful but very costly especially when I hear DA is right down the street at Oceanside.
U14: 2/4 California teams in semis
U15: 2/4 California
U16: 3/4 California
U17: 3/4 California

Great showing by California teams in playoffs so far. Safe travels and good luck to everyone who are going to Virginia for the finals.

U14: 2/4 California teams in semis
U15: 2/4 California
U16: 3/4 California
U17: 3/4 California

Great showing by California teams in playoffs so far. Safe travels and good luck to everyone who are going to Virginia for the finals.
Great post @davin. Here's a good article about national finals on Soccerwire. California has a really great chance to bring home some bling across the age groups represented:

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/clubs/youth-girls/stage-set-for-ecnl-finals/

Let's get it done :)

Great post @davin. Here's a good article about national finals on Soccerwire. California has a really great chance to bring home some bling across the age groups represented:

Looks like the article is inaccurate wrong locatio

Article looks like it has last years schedule, location and teams.

So
U14 - 0/4 in Semi's
U15 - 2/4 in Semi's
U16 - 2/4 in Semi's
U17 - 1/4 in Semi's
U18/19 - was 0/4 in Semi's

This is a dramatic difference than what was posted above. 50% less teams in the Semi's.

Looks like the article is inaccurate wrong locatio

Article looks like it has last years schedule, location and teams.
Never thought I would be able to say this but the schedule portion / teams advance of the Soccerwire article is "fake news" .... Maybe they will edit and update? Just a harmless oversight no doubt.

Check your facts man. https://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/public/flightstandings.aspx?eid=737&fid=3537
U14 alone has 2/4. MVLA and San Juan in semis.
Yup...everything originally posted by @davin is spot on.

Back