ECNL Phoenix Coaches list?

Discussion in 'ECNL' started by meatsweats, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Kicker4Life

Kicker4Life

Ratings:
    +2,155 / 33
    You would relish that wouldn’t you!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. SOCCERMINION

SOCCERMINION Silver

Ratings:
    +224 / 6
    Come on guys, weather report didn't look that bad to me. Even if you don't have a DD playing in DA. I'm sure you know someone who does. Id hope everyone would be hoping we all have good weather. I hope everyone's DD has a great weekend regardless of the league they play in.

upload_2018-4-4_6-15-37.png
    upload_2018-4-4_6-23-4.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. SOCCERMINION

SOCCERMINION Silver

Ratings:
    +224 / 6
  4. shales1002

shales1002 Silver

Ratings:
    +665 / 14
    @SOCCERMINION I would hope the GDA would have their showcases in warmer climates with better weather is all(SoCal). Perhaps next year. I wouldn't want the girls to risk injury playing in the rain. How often does it really rain in Socal? I lived there over 30 years, so not very much. Yes, my DD has many friends playing in NC. The weather forecast you shared shows rain Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday. Just curious, if the forecast holds true, then how does that impact the games for Saturday.What is the contingency plan? This is something you all should be looking up? Particularly, if you emailed coaches to come watch your DD, are game time changing as a result of the weather? Maybe or maybe not...IDK.. and that's why I asked.

You all are hyper sensitive. My last line in my previous posts was..... "Nevertheless safe travels to all who are traveling in the next few days."
    For the record this board has been all over the place with topics within this topic. It's already been established that the GDA list SHOULD be longer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. shales1002

shales1002 Silver

Ratings:
    +665 / 14
    Honestly, No. The truth is I want everyone to have a successful showcase. After all that is what this is all about. I personally think the GDA should hold showcases where the weather is more predictable aka closer to home. I could then come and watch providing there are no conflicts with ECNL.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Zerodenero

Zerodenero Silver

Ratings:
    +960 / 8
    Shales- I don't know you/your player. I do know that If you/your dd are trippen on weather conditions, you're telling prospective coaches/schools, all they need to know.

Respectfully,

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. shales1002

shales1002 Silver

Ratings:
    +665 / 14
    How is asking a legitimate question regarding a contingency plan "trippen telling college coaches anything?" I'm sure you all would rather be closer to home and possibly not playing in the rain. Hopefully, you won't be. But as of today, the likelihood is pretty strong. For the record, I'm a Californian and I love the weather.

• Like Like x 2
  8. outside!

outside! Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +1,579 / 32
    Unless there is lightning, they will probably play soccer. The game was invented in England.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. shales1002

shales1002 Silver

Ratings:
    +665 / 14
    Good point. Well lightning isn't in the forecast.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. outside!

outside! Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +1,579 / 32
    I forgot to add tornadoes. DD once had a game delayed due to a tornado warning.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Zerodenero

Zerodenero Silver

Ratings:
    +960 / 8
    1) Get out of the weeds, look above the forest.
    2) Try reading your posts....and say it out loud (can u connect the dots?)

Marky Mark might have be onto something o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. shales1002

shales1002 Silver

Ratings:
    +665 / 14
    So much for having an intellectual conversation. As previously stated, MarkM doesn't/didn't know anything about my player, but believe what you want because there is no need to prove otherwise. As long as she stays healthy, her dreams are within reach. @Zerodenero I can admit with confidence, I would prefer my DD NOT to play in the rain. Still trying to grasps how you turned a comment about weather into college coaches is reading subliminally into the post is beyond me. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

• Like Like x 1
  13. outside!

outside! Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +1,579 / 32
    What does your DD prefer? There is nothing wrong with playing in the rain. Soccer is an all weather game, unlike some games. The only reason to suspend for weather is if the weather is dangerous to humans or the field conditions do not allow the game to be played. Last I checked, most humans are waterproof.

• Like Like x 1
  14. shales1002

shales1002 Silver

Ratings:
    +665 / 14
    Totally agree with you regarding it being an all weather sport. Perhaps it my inner Californian that cares so much about the weather. You know how we drive when it sprinkles. My DD doesn't care one bit about the rain other than her it's difficult for her to see in sports glasses.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sheriff Joe

Sheriff Joe Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +8,998 / 159
    My daughter isn't bothered by weather, but I hear you, the boys national league tournament was in NC in November and couldn't play 2 out of 3 games because of weather.
    Softballs biggest tournament used to be back east somewhere, hot and humid every year and a new league decided to hold their Nationals in socal, now it is the biggest and the best by far. Maybe soccer will follow, after all, everyone wants to come to socal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. MakeAPlay

MakeAPlay Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +5,661 / 90
    @shales1002 's kid would start on any of the SoCal GDA teams in her age group and hopefully will be playing for my alma mater someday soon. You are barking up the wrong tree on this one bro..... I would stay in the appropriate weight class when picking fights.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. MakeAPlay

MakeAPlay Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +5,661 / 90
    Marky Mark missed the barn by a mile on this one. shale's player will hopefully be playing in Westwood someday so weather isn't much of an issue. My kid has had one game out of 47 in two years with bad weather and it was snow in West Virginia. Unless she decides to avoid the California PAC 12 schools I don't think that this will be much of an issue.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Zerodenero

Zerodenero Silver

Ratings:
    +960 / 8
    Its ok Shales.....some can't see thru the clouds.

Best of luck to you & your dd...I am sure she'll have her time in the Westwood Sun:)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Zerodenero

Zerodenero Silver

Ratings:
    +960 / 8
    Perhaps ..(from purely soccer perspective) ...especially w/such a fine institution as Shales Avatar. But reading thru his/her post....brings flashbacks of our old friend Cali (but Shales player can actually ball)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Nefutous

Nefutous

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    I see her at Cal. You know the semester system is better than quarters.

• Funny Funny x 1