ECNL Championship Draw

It is not that they are not great - they are not the greatest IMO.

Korniak is by far the best player on the field. She moves in very sophisticated ways that you can tell the other players aren't used to seeing. Neither team can possess the ball. It is a game of bad defending.

The YNT players on my DD team are not the best players on the team. The YNT player on her friends team is not the best player on the team. I see a trend here....

@LadiesMan217 that might be the case but I promise you your daughters team has nothing like these players on it.

One was PAC 12 freshman of the year and is probably one of the best 3-4 holding mids in college soccer in addition to her YNT accolades.

One was Gatorade player of the year in Nevada and is an all around great player.

One will likely start as a freshman at Stanford and is the all tone leading scorer in ECNL history.

One is a wideback and is on your daughters high school team. If you don't think she is all thst she won MVP at the Puma showcase and is about the 2nd most dangerous two way player in the 2017 class.

One is also a dangerous two way player that will likely start at $C this year as a freshman. She is a pretty legit all around athlete.

The other one is playing up a year and played up two years last year. She was a teammate of my daughters last year and is an offensive talent with a full toolkit. She is a Stanford commit for 2018 and comes from a soccer family.

Throw shade if you want to but all of those players would start on any club team in the country. Which begs the question why they didn't win.

maybe some of US soccer's picks for YNT are not all that great?? Look at the U15 Arsenal team with 4-5 YNT - they barely made it into championships and did not make it out of pool play.

Please watch u17 and u20 YNT and you will understand the poor selections. They were below average and that's saying it nicely.

@LadiesMan217 that might be the case but I promise you your daughters team has nothing like these players on it.

One was PAC 12 freshman of the year and is probably one of the best 3-4 holding mids in college soccer in addition to her YNT accolades.

One was Gatorade player of the year in Nevada and is an all around great player.

One will likely start as a freshman at Stanford and is the all tone leading scorer in ECNL history.

One is a wideback and is on your daughters high school team. If you don't think she is all thst she won MVP at the Puma showcase and is about the 2nd most dangerous two way player in the 2017 class.

One is also a dangerous two way player that will likely start at $C this year as a freshman. She is a pretty legit all around athlete.

The other one is playing up a year and played up two years last year. She was a teammate of my daughters last year and is an offensive talent with a full toolkit. She is a Stanford commit for 2018 and comes from a soccer family.

Throw shade if you want to but all of those players would start on any club team in the country. Which begs the question why they didn't win.

Honestly I don't know the u18 players well enough. I can only talk for the u16s. Sorry I made you type all that. :)

The YNT players on my DD team are not the best players on the team. The YNT player on her friends team is not the best player on the team. I see a trend here....

I would say the three YNT players on your team with the addition of your other high scoring forward are easily the best players on your team.

Please watch u17 and u20 YNT and you will understand the poor selections. They were below average and that's saying it nicely.
LMAO, below average....huh?

Ashley Sanchez-UCLA, Kiara Pickett-Stanford, and Karina Rodriguez-UCLA are from SoCal and were on the U17 or U20 teams. Obviously, your 2003 DD has NEVER played against or with those girls. My DD has played with and against those girls.....and will continue to do so this Pac12 season. All 3 of those players are STUDS!

maybe some of US soccer's picks for YNT are not all that great?? Look at the U15 Arsenal team with 4-5 YNT - they barely made it into championships and did not make it out of pool play.

I bet at least 3 of them play in the NWSL with as many as all six of the could be pros. Korniek will be a first rounder.

LMAO, below average....huh?

Ashley Sanchez-UCLA, Kiara Pickett-Stanford, and Karina Rodriguez-UCLA are from SoCal and were on the U17 or U20 teams. Obviously, your 2003 DD has NEVER played against or with those girls. My DD has played with and against those girls.....and will continue to do so this Pac12 season. All 3 of those players are STUDS!
Chiefs, maybe you should consider the poor coaching by BJ Snow and Michelle French instead of blaming the players. My bad god forbid it's the US Soccer coaches who are also implementing Girls DA.

I watched both the U18 and you U14 game. I would thought that the coaching was better in the U14 game but the players skills were better in the U18 game. Weird how that worked out.

1) A player's level is not dictated by the performance of her team.

In the case of the U15's, say all 5 YNT players are on the field. That is just less than half the team. I know one is midfield and one is a forward for sure. Say they have another 2 def. and another mid. BUT say the 2 at defence are wingbacks, or even better say that one is a wingback and one is a center back. That leaves one wingside with a NON YNT player. It may leave a whole left side or right side without a YNT player. Say the play a 4-3-3. I know for a fact their GK isn't a YNT player. So that is 3 on defense who are not YNT memeber and 2 who are. Are those two supposed to fill in and make up for the NonYNTness of the other players, including the GK?? In midfield, say, if it is a 4-3-3, I know that one player is a center mid, probably playing attacking, so you have two other mids, one of which is also on a YNT. What if, and this could be the result of a look over or a risky choice that will increase chemistry between some players or something, but what if the one other mid is on the same side of the wingback, and what if that wingback plays with the other YNT defender on her side? That leaves, so far, the entire left or right side open except for the CAM.

Sorry for the whole mini stimulation, but my point is that one player, or two, or five, cannot carry a whole team. A team is a team for a reason. That does not mean that the player isn't good or should be a YNTer. It just means that she is a teammate.

Also, for a lot of these girls, I believe it is their first full year, or second, together and are having major chemistry issues.

I don't understand how Surf U18 with 6 YNT attacking players including the PAC 12 freshman of the year managed to lose 3-2 in the final. Either they have a bad coach, a bad defense or a combination of the two!

I think they are all most likely great players, but what looks to be the case, at least at the younger ages, is that most of the players on super teams who are considered star players, and those who are chosen for elite opportunities, are basically cut from the same mold. So, is it possible that, when they are all put together, it becomes difficult to field a good team since most selected are the same type of player thrust into different positions on the field?

It's as though you have a symphony made up of all the best trumpet players in the land... but only one violin and no flutes or tubas... the music doesn't sound too good.

I think they are all most likely great players, but what looks to be the case, at least at the younger ages, is that most of the players on super teams who are considered star players, and those who are chosen for elite opportunities, are basically cut from the same mold. So, is it possible that, when they are all put together, it becomes difficult to field a good team since most selected are the same type of player thrust into different positions on the field?

It's as though you have a symphony made up of all the best trumpet players in the land... but only one violin and no flutes or tubas... the music doesn't sound too good.

I agree with you. That is why I wonder about the conductor or this symphony. My daughter has played with and/or against all of those 6 players and believe me they are all elite.

1) A player's level is not dictated by the performance of her team.

In the case of the U15's, say all 5 YNT players are on the field. That is just less than half the team. I know one is midfield and one is a forward for sure. Say they have another 2 def. and another mid. BUT say the 2 at defence are wingbacks, or even better say that one is a wingback and one is a center back. That leaves one wingside with a NON YNT player. It may leave a whole left side or right side without a YNT player. Say the play a 4-3-3. I know for a fact their GK isn't a YNT player. So that is 3 on defense who are not YNT memeber and 2 who are. Are those two supposed to fill in and make up for the NonYNTness of the other players, including the GK?? In midfield, say, if it is a 4-3-3, I know that one player is a center mid, probably playing attacking, so you have two other mids, one of which is also on a YNT. What if, and this could be the result of a look over or a risky choice that will increase chemistry between some players or something, but what if the one other mid is on the same side of the wingback, and what if that wingback plays with the other YNT defender on her side? That leaves, so far, the entire left or right side open except for the CAM.

Sorry for the whole mini stimulation, but my point is that one player, or two, or five, cannot carry a whole team. A team is a team for a reason. That does not mean that the player isn't good or should be a YNTer. It just means that she is a teammate.

Also, for a lot of these girls, I believe it is their first full year, or second, together and are having major chemistry issues.

It takes more than a bunch of superstars to make a great team. I think back to the Lakers when they had Shaq, Kobe, Karl Malone and Gary Payton. The Pistons with less star power overwhelmed them.

It all depends on the coaching staff and their ability to have the players understand and play their role on the team. If they don't buy into the team concept or if the players are in it for themselves...it's going to end badly.

I really like seeing all of the different views on this. It's really great to see all the knowledge and all of the experiences of the past couple of posters come through in how they see the situation.

Also, it really was a phenomenal comparison @Real Deal that you made

Back