ECNL Championship Draw Best XI's TDS

Crazy seeing such a stacked roster commitment wise and in general! :) I mean, I always knew that team existed, but I never really saw it on paper. 4 committed to UCLA!! One to Stanford, 2 to USC, One to UofA and another three to Arizona State! 2 to Notre Dame, one to Michigan and another to LMU! Another to an Ivy! That's 11 in the Pac12 alone, Congrats to all, including the ones I didn't mention!!

http://www.scblues.com/Default.aspx?tabid=155712

That team has always been talented and is a great example of colleges recruiting players not teams. This team, as talented as it is, was the 4th or 5th best team in the ECNL Southwest conference. Two other teams won ECNL national titles from the conference in 5 years and one of those teams lost in the finals once and the semifinals once. This begs the question of why couldn't a team with that much individual talent win a championship or even get close? I know what I think.

That team has always been talented and is a great example of colleges recruiting players not teams. This team, as talented as it is, was the 4th or 5th best team in the ECNL Southwest conference. Two other teams won ECNL national titles from the conference in 5 years and one of those teams lost in the finals once and the semifinals once. This begs the question of why couldn't a team with that much individual talent win a championship or even get close? I know what I think.

Oh please please share what you think - I think we think alike.

Oh please please share what you think - I think we think alike.

I think that if the Golden State Warriors lost in the first round of the playoffs after adding Durant that Bob Meyers would have had to do something about it. Two players on that team will be starters on a likely college cup team this year. The coach of that team told a player that will likely be a starter this year on a Pac 12 team that she would never play for a P5 conference team. You tell me what the problem is....

Crazy seeing such a stacked roster commitment wise and in general! :) I mean, I always knew that team existed, but I never really saw it on paper. 4 committed to UCLA!! One to Stanford, 2 to USC, One to UofA and another three to Arizona State! 2 to Notre Dame, one to Michigan and another to LMU! Another to an Ivy! That's 11 in the Pac12 alone, Congrats to all, including the ones I didn't mention!!

Congratulations to all the accepted, committed players. Ultimately it is your academic success that is most important. Have fun playing in college. For the few chosen across the country good luck on the National team.

As MAP mentioned, as loaded as that team was, they rarely played together as a unit. But prior to the age split, part of that team, and part the younger 00/01 were a lockdown perennial power team that all committed after winning U15 ecnl, led/orchestrated by Tad Bobak....BIG difference in leadership, BIG difference in cohesiveness, BIG difference in results. That group was turbo charged v8 w/the ability to play any which way the opposing side wanted.

Woulda like to see that U15 group vs bakers u15 play. I Gotta feelin that bakers kickball approach to his forwards wouldn't be so dominant vs a stout back line with LB in goal (Ucla), KW & MH on the back wings (Stanford/Yale), KB & MD in middle (Norte Dame/UCLA).

And she comes from a very good family!

It must be the club soccer cost, because I am surprised there isn't more Africian American girls playing soccer.

All biracial kids with an African American parent is considered African American. Let's not try to down play that facts.

Second, let's not straight up assume that its cost keeping more African Americans players off the soccer pitch for ECNL teams. As one person mentioned, there are many youth sports out there. Soccer might not be at the top of an African American families list. Plus you have to consider the demographics of the areas these soccer teams pull from. The percentage of African Americans in those areas is well below the 6% average for of So Cal.

As MAP mentioned, as loaded as that team was, they rarely played together as a unit. But prior to the age split, part of that team, and part the younger 00/01 were a lockdown perennial power team that all committed after winning U15 ecnl, led/orchestrated by Tad Bobak....BIG difference in leadership, BIG difference in cohesiveness, BIG difference in results. That group was turbo charged v8 w/the ability to play any which way the opposing side wanted.

Woulda like to see that U15 group vs bakers u15 play. I Gotta feelin that bakers kickball approach to his forwards wouldn't be so dominant vs a stout back line with LB in goal (Ucla), KW & MH on the back wings (Stanford/Yale), KB & MD in middle (Norte Dame/UCLA).

Exactly! Tad did more with part of this team! Add in a few U17 YNT starters and other top level talent and you would think that the championship would be a lock. It just goes to show how important a coach is. Against the back line on Tad's team it would have been no contest against the Baker's. Picking the right coach is so crucial at at any age but it is an absolute necessity when players are young.

All biracial kids with an African American parent is considered African American. Let's not try to down play that facts.

Second, let's not straight up assume that its cost keeping more African Americans players off the soccer pitch for ECNL teams. As one person mentioned, there are many youth sports out there. Soccer might not be at the top of an African American families list. Plus you have to consider the demographics of the areas these soccer teams pull from. The percentage of African Americans in those areas is well below the 6% average for of So Cal.

I don't think it is money. Not as many American born parents of African descent play soccer. It's much more common to see pickup basketball and football being played. Soccer is perceived to be a country club sport in a way in SoCal in the non-Latino community. Unless a African American kid has a foreign born parent or one that played soccer when they were young the odds are lower that they will be exposed to it in a club setting.

Nailed it, my DD played for that Blues ECNL team at U15. Style of play and leadership issues. Reason my DD turned down a roster spot on that team at U16 and moved to Eagles instead and my family loves Blues!

I didn't mean to offend. I was thinking more why the inner city Africian American girls aren't playing soccer. The one's that do play are successful coming from suburban cities. Meaning there are even more untapped ulittle talent in those areas.

.....The coach of that team told a player that will likely be a starter this year on a Pac 12 team that she would never play for a P5 conference team. You tell me what the problem is....

To that I, more importantly that player says....

canadian-thanksgiving-good-will-hunting-apples.jpg

No, do not assume a 2019 Grad is 2001.

2000's can be 2019 grads too. July - December kids born in 2000 can graduate in 2019.

She is the only 01 on the roster.

I don't mean to sound like I'm oblivious, I was not assuming that 2019 = 2001 born. I know how the school year works and the club year in comparison to when I child is born. I apologize if I came off like that.

However, during the kindergarten years of the 2016-2021 class, a lot of schools still started school in late August to even late September. For most schools, the cutoff date was early December. With that being said, that only leaves December born babies and some November born (depending on the location and how late in the month) to having to wait until the next year. That means, without looking at the stats for the amount of babies born in 2000, there is about a 1/6 chance of having to wait until the 2019'ers. Roughly 17% chance. Which, really, is nothing if you think that the probability of you being you is much much smaller and as close to impossible as you can get but there are millions and millions of unique people across the world. But also add in the fact that this is a soccer team. Now, of course, these girls could have ended up playing softball or basketball, which are the two other sports that kids typically can start very young at. 1/3 chance of it being soccer statistically speaking, (not factoring in parents history with the sport, older siblings, or even the fact that they live in proximity of a very successful youth club for girls). That prob. goes down to 1/18 of a chance. Add in that they could have chosen to quit, (even tho unlikely as it is ECNL), gotten injured (maybe an ACL, which is quite common for the female side), or moved away from the club. Then, also add in that this is out of a team itself, and say the team started out with about 18 players (I didn't feel like going back to the page and checking), the probability that 8 out of the eighteen, all together on one team, were all ended up having to wait until the next school year is quite unlikely.

That of course does not factor in that some parents may have wanted their kids to wait the extra year and so a couple of those girls may have be in the Class of 2019 because of that. It does not consider that the age split might have had a couple girls playing a year up on a team that is labeled for 2000's but was U15 team before it became 2000 and 2001. I don't know. You sound like a SCB parent, and I do not mean to insult you with an excessively long tirade that began with my own inability to correctly word what I was noting about the team, however, it is completely understandable for one to think that the team, with even basic common sense and the knowledge given on the page, to think that KW is not the only 01 on the team. Especially given the fact that the '00's are heading into their senior year, and may be losing some players/have some conflicting issues with players/ and heading into a composite year afterward, and may need some more players maybe even just to guest play.

I was not assuming. But if she is the only 01, and you are a SCB parent, which it sure seems like you are, (and I say that with the most respect to the club and its teams and parents), then she is the only '01. Thanks for the insight

I don't mean to sound like I'm oblivious, I was not assuming that 2019 = 2001 born. I know how the school year works and the club year in comparison to when I child is born. I apologize if I came off like that.

However, during the kindergarten years of the 2016-2021 class, a lot of schools still started school in late August to even late September. For most schools, the cutoff date was early December. With that being said, that only leaves December born babies and some November born (depending on the location and how late in the month) to having to wait until the next year. That means, without looking at the stats for the amount of babies born in 2000, there is about a 1/6 chance of having to wait until the 2019'ers. Roughly 17% chance. Which, really, is nothing if you think that the probability of you being you is much much smaller and as close to impossible as you can get but there are millions and millions of unique people across the world. But also add in the fact that this is a soccer team. Now, of course, these girls could have ended up playing softball or basketball, which are the two other sports that kids typically can start very young at. 1/3 chance of it being soccer statistically speaking, (not factoring in parents history with the sport, older siblings, or even the fact that they live in proximity of a very successful youth club for girls). That prob. goes down to 1/18 of a chance. Add in that they could have chosen to quit, (even tho unlikely as it is ECNL), gotten injured (maybe an ACL, which is quite common for the female side), or moved away from the club. Then, also add in that this is out of a team itself, and say the team started out with about 18 players (I didn't feel like going back to the page and checking), the probability that 8 out of the eighteen, all together on one team, were all ended up having to wait until the next school year is quite unlikely.

That of course does not factor in that some parents may have wanted their kids to wait the extra year and so a couple of those girls may have be in the Class of 2019 because of that. It does not consider that the age split might have had a couple girls playing a year up on a team that is labeled for 2000's but was U15 team before it became 2000 and 2001. I don't know. You sound like a SCB parent, and I do not mean to insult you with an excessively long tirade that began with my own inability to correctly word what I was noting about the team, however, it is completely understandable for one to think that the team, with even basic common sense and the knowledge given on the page, to think that KW is not the only 01 on the team. Especially given the fact that the '00's are heading into their senior year, and may be losing some players/have some conflicting issues with players/ and heading into a composite year afterward, and may need some more players maybe even just to guest play.

I was not assuming. But if she is the only 01, and you are a SCB parent, which it sure seems like you are, (and I say that with the most respect to the club and its teams and parents), then she is the only '01. Thanks for the insight
Or a parent drinking major kool-aid from his DD's coach who advised to make DD repeat the 8th grade at another middle school. She will be a year older and guaranteed him she will get a full scholarship in the process. #wtf #whichuniversity

Can someone clarify - Top Drawer Soccer listed their picks for the "ECNL Standouts from the Championships". They had Trinity Moyer-Rodman from SoCal Blues listed. But, was she even there? I watched the Blues semi and part of the final game because I really wanted to see her play, but I swear she wasn't there! (Or maybe changed her jersey #)?

Back