SILVER ELITE
Damn.......

Attachments

• FD4A1504-89AD-4E7D-B9D3-8F64B2F5DA73.jpeg
    FD4A1504-89AD-4E7D-B9D3-8F64B2F5DA73.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 252
I_Borg_Star_Trek_TNG_HD.jpg

Surf is the Borg.

Makes sense. Try to consolidate the many smaller clubs into a larger one in an area without a "Mega" club. Someone was bound to do it. Maybe they'll pull teams and players from other east and central sd clubs.

Are you yanking our chain or is that legit?

I thought this was a joke too....50 percent of youth soccer players on the west coast are going to be running around in identical blue jerseys....well I guess Nike and the SD board members are getting plenty of what they care about.....

I find this to be very troubling. Anyone that knows the history of youth soccer in San Diego knows that Liverpool (something like 5 club names ago) was started by an amazing coach that left on what I call a revolt of the big east county club. Just like Riptide being formed by Albion coaches that left the track suit wearing a@$. Both were great lower cost options for families that wanted their kiddos to learn the beautiful game. Sorry to see them swallowed up.

But now they'll have access to everything Surf. Including opportunities to play elsewhere...even possibly with their highest-level teams right?? ;)
Right.......

I find this to be very troubling. Anyone that knows the history of youth soccer in San Diego knows that Liverpool (something like 5 club names ago) was started by an amazing coach that left on what I call a revolt of the big east county club. Just like Riptide being formed by Albion coaches that left the track suit wearing a@$. Both were great lower cost options for families that wanted their kiddos to learn the beautiful game. Sorry to see them swallowed up.
Who was the big east county team? I have been following east county soccer for 10 years and can't think of a single club that fir the "big" label.

This could be another, "Big Board, No Waves" merger unless Kelly Slater is building one of his new wave machines out in EL Cajon? I like the name Rebels better :)

Who was the big east county team? I have been following east county soccer for 10 years and can't think of a single club that fir the "big" label.
That would probably be Hotspurs who had a large number of teams and some very successful teams until around 10 years ago when most of the coaches left. A bunch of coaches formed SD United and others went to OVC and CSC. It was around this time that Howie formed SD Spirit, which later became Freeform after Howie passed away and Jason took over. A couple years later the name changed to Liverpool and now Surf East County. I have heard several stories about why the coaches abandoned Hotspurs, but the primary reason appears to be that those coaches wanted more money and control.

Back