Eagles Discussion

Let's move the discussion around Eagles off of the Roll Call and onto this thread per Technician's request...thanks!

For the Response on how the Eagles are doing now, they just won Manchester Cup 2nd year in a row, final game was against Liverpool 2-1. Liverpool is also a great team, great coach and very classy parents , it was a pleasure to watch that game.

It amazes me that everyone is all about singing the praises for a club that missed a child molester and a club owner that overlooked club policies and practices that made the sexual abuse possible. They can claim ignorance and no responsibility all day long but when you allow coaches to stay in the same hotel as the players, interact freely on out of town trips, allow personal texting to under age girls, and have other unsupervised private interaction then there has to come a time when someone steps up and at least says we will look at how we operate our club. This is not unique to Eagles, it is all over the place in youth soccer. When will parents expect better?

For the Response on how the Eagles are doing now, they just won Manchester Cup 2nd year in a row, final game was against Liverpool 2-1. Liverpool is also a great team, great coach and very classy parents , it was a pleasure to watch that game.
His 09 and 10 teams both won??

I will give you Liverpool is a very good team at this age bracket , but you lost me at great coach, and most definitely at classy parents.

Eagles, great team, great coach, great parents. We played Eagles this weekend in a game that Eagles would be expected to win by 5+ goals, and in a tight game, 2-0, with opportunities on both ends, didn't hear a peep from the sideline or frustration from the coach.

There are a lot of RSC girls currently out at Eagles trying out for various teams. The pendulum seems to be swinging back to the Eagles with the hiring of KW.

Eagles seem to roll out strong Younger's teams year after year.....However those teams almost always Peter-out after the initial year or two of success.

Can't quite figure out if they have less accomplished coaches in that middle age group, or if the Youngers coaches just aren't able to continue that development to prepare the kids for the next step. Seems to happen year after year?

Eagles seem to roll out strong Younger's teams year after year.....However those teams almost always Peter-out after the initial year or two of success.

Can't quite figure out if they have less accomplished coaches in that middle age group, or if the Youngers coaches just aren't able to continue that development to prepare the kids for the next step. Seems to happen year after year?

When your trophy case is full....do you really need to worry? Parents only pay for wins right?

KW will sway kids back as well as the current leadership. Just never been a fan of the glorification of the younger winning ways, when in a reality as you have pointed out the Middle Ages disappear. I know many clubs have the same issues, so it is up to all of us to keep every coach accountable in the pay to play world we live in. I’d look at RSC for the youngest and then go from there.

@es_surf offered up a theory (here) that holds merit. The top coaches and players all want to play at the highest level. Up until last year with the introduction of DA, the absence of a pathway to the most competitive level (ECNL) probably led to a lot of players moving over to clubs that did have ECNL membership. I think both Eagles and RSC are fine clubs and it's a good thing that parents will now have more than one olders top-level option in the valley.

Back