E or G? Both? Neither?

Discussion in 'San Diego/Presidio' started by espola, Sep 29, 2018.

1. espola

espola Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +4,231 / 197
    San Diego voters will see two competing ballot propositions this November for proposals to replace San Diego Stadium (or whatever it is called now - remember Qualcomm?). Prop E (Soccer City) and Prop G (SDSU West).

Today I got an email from Shannon McMillan sent from the Prop E team, offering a chance to enter a drawing for season tickets. "Every day, for the next 40 days, we will be giving away season tickets to a lucky volunteer." I tried to find out the answer to the obvious question (Season tickets to what?) by following the suggestion of "For some more detail, click here." Clicking "here" led me to a McAfee Site Adviser warning page "may be risky to visit". So I still don't know.

2. Surfref

Surfref Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +1,991 / 21
    Yes on E, No on G. But, I live in the county and don’t get to vote on it.

3. coachrefparent

coachrefparent Silver

Ratings:
    +619 / 21
    Prop E is for soccer city, land paid at market value, MLS stadium with SDSU, set aside land for SDSU develoment, and acilliary development so they can make money. Developers obviously.

G is to basically hand the land over to SDSU and let them do whatever they want, including sell to developers. SDSU has publicly stated that they don't need the land for expansion for 15-20 years. Prop G is guaranteed not to have an MLS stadium. Developers have paid the most money toward this ballot measure,

• Like Like x 1
  4. espola

espola Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +4,231 / 197
    That is pretty much the Prop E supporters' position.