DPL expands nationally to include top clubs in key markets

Discussion in 'Girls Development Academy' started by ADPSOCCER, May 8, 2019.

1. Simisoccerfan

Simisoccerfan Silver

Ratings:
    +964 / 63
    Both the DA and the ECNL websites show college commitments for seniors. These lists were done in the fall before all commitments were in. ECNL also a section called College Impact. It shows the ECNL alumni in every D1 conference and school.

2. Speed

Speed Bronze

Ratings:
    +53 / 3
    what is the DPL plan next year? Fall league only?

3. Lambchop

Lambchop Silver

Ratings:
    +401 / 25
    Well ya, DA has only had one full season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MyDaughtersAKeeper

MyDaughtersAKeeper

Ratings:
    +993 / 16
    I was looking at this with a Southern California perspective. This upcoming year our DPL "Season" will have 11 games. We will play everyone in our 1 league once (home or away based on scheduling). Clearly a different situation than you laid out for Texas and the East Coast.

One question I have though, are the Texas and East Coast DPL teams better than "other competition" in the area? IF the DPL teams are just kicking the shit out of the "other" competition and the DPL teams are actually competitive games, why complain about playing the same teams over and over? I admittedly do not know the soccer landscape in those areas, so you could be 100% accurate that there is much to dislike about DPL, but if the only competitive games to be found (outside of DA which DPL can't play) is other DPL games, why not play them over and over?

PS I did not drink any kool-aide, I know exactly what my kid signed up for.
    PSS If parents don't want their kids traveling to other states to play other "B" teams, don't sign your kid up; do something else.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Soccer

Soccer Bronze

Ratings:
    +236 / 12
    Everyone is missing one big point! Who is running the league? Administratively.

That has been the DPL’s downfall, a few DOC’s have ran it. The company out of Texas is horrible doing the Admin stuff. No agreement on anything by DOC’s. That is why you had some teams in National Cup and others not.

Cost is way more then a DA team, cause you have to pay for showcases. Only a few clubs have strong DPL teams, Legends for one, but only a team here or there in most age groups.

ECNL 2 is run by ECNL. DPL will not be run by US Soccer.

If I were joining a DPL team this is the question I would ask. And until that answer is provided, the league will only be a lot of empty promises, for most clubs. I think Legends on the outside appears to do it right.

6. NinjaDad

NinjaDad Bronze

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    The top reason I hear a parent (or perhaps a player) go ECNL here on the west coast is because they want to play high school ball as well. If/when DA allows that, wouldn't it be a major (dare say death) blow to ECNL? At the moment, it feels the biggest hook/draw to ECNL is that high school element (of course, assuming teams, coaches, clubs are equal...for the sake of argument).

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. ADPSOCCER

ADPSOCCER Bronze

Ratings:
    +87 / 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Mile High Dad

Mile High Dad Bronze

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Good to see both Rush and Real joining DPL.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1