DPL Dallas Showcase

DA or ECNL offer a great pathway to college. Which path one choses simply depends on what you and the DD prefer.
100% agree. This thread is more on the DPL showcase that my dd almost picked so she could stay close to her dream when she was 11. Do you think we made the right choice picking ECNL over DPL? Please don't tell me their one and the same.....

100% agree. This thread is more on the DPL showcase that my dd almost picked so she could stay close to her dream when she was 11. Do you think we made the right choice picking ECNL over DPL? Please don't tell me their one and the same.....

Doesn't matter what people on this forum thinks. If you feel you made the right decision- Own it and move on and support that decision. Good luck to your DD.

DPL teams do play in the same "great" college showcases as the non national league teams. Doesn't mean that it's the best choice for everyone. It's definitely not DA whoever says "it's exactly like DA except you get to play HS" is a liar and I have a hard time believing someone said that and harder time believing someone bought that. A lot of DPL girls have been moved up to DA and or have been given time in DA games and showcases and practices. But apparently they suck and are only called up cause players quit and there are never girls outside of a DA club that tryout for those spots. Of course DPL isn't ECNL. I do believe that clubs sold that lie especially to the girls from Surf and West Coast that were ECNL the year before DPL. Weather it's better than discovery or not who cares it's your choice make the best choice of coach team location ect ect and if your stuck going to Texas for a showcase then make the most fun of it you can and play some teams you haven't played all year every year since u8. Either that or realize you are a kool aid drinker and tell your daughter to quit playing soccer cause she sucks and can't make ECNL SMH

@Luis Andres- this is really for you. BTW Luis, I came on here 4 days before you. I have way more messages than you. You need to step up your game bro :) Timmy H, not sure what acronym your rolling with this year, my dd is rolling in, E C N & L. Since my kid was sold every acronym you can think of the last year and half I felt compelled to offer up my opinions and advice about the "Big Hat No Cattle Showcase" coming up in Dallas this weekend. One way of not holding things in is expressing oneself. I don't have to take prescribed meds because I live and survive off the natural land. No chemical crap for our family. So here is my advice for everyone regarding all the Acronyms for the girls :)
Pro- For those who aspire to be the best of the best. Quit school, move away, play with older woman, bypass college. Need to be 100% ready to kickass when your 18
DA-all those who truly want to train for the National Team, Play Pro and Play at top 10 college
ECNL- for those who want to continue playing soccer past High School in college. All colleges will be available
SCDSL, CSL and all the others- Stay local and still be seen by colleges. I actually think this league fits many of us including my dd. This is the place to play if you're a three sport athlete in HS. All colleges will be available
Club OLE- New way to play the game and stay homegrown. Organic and local. Not sure yet but I love the passion at that club
DPL- If you show promise and still want to train and be close to the action. A great alternative to ECNL with college showcases too
ECNL Regional- Player who wants to play local and not travel far
DP- I'm still confused on this acronym but I think you can play in all the above with the same club and be allowed 6 developmental games to see if you gots what it takes to be called up to the DA.
DPL2- Not sure if this is even real but if it is I would absolutely tell you to stay away
AYSO u3- Only one year of A SO and then every club recruiter you can think of will be contacting you for their
ULittles- Now starts at 3-6 years old.
@Fact has had some gr8t advice for us. Talk to the Kiddos and find out what they want. @dreamz said it best, "Someone needs to write an article about all this crock n' bull and open everyone's eyes to what all of this ridiculous hysteria is to get our DD's on some acronym team while we all scratch our head's trying to figure out which acronym is the best when all we really want is a pathway to college (not pros, that's a separate book) for our DD's." I think you should take their advice, not mine.

Really I had way more messages but after I trashed a thread that got out of hand I’ve lost about 1/2 the total messages. But I’m pretty active.

@Luis Andres- this is really for you. BTW Luis, I came on here 4 days before you. I have way more messages than you. You need to step up your game bro :) Timmy H, not sure what acronym your rolling with this year, my dd is rolling in, E C N & L. Since my kid was sold every acronym you can think of the last year and half I felt compelled to offer up my opinions and advice about the "Big Hat No Cattle Showcase" coming up in Dallas this weekend. One way of not holding things in is expressing oneself. I don't have to take prescribed meds because I live and survive off the natural land. No chemical crap for our family. So here is my advice for everyone regarding all the Acronyms for the girls :)
Pro- For those who aspire to be the best of the best. Quit school, move away, play with older woman, bypass college. Need to be 100% ready to kickass when your 18
DA-all those who truly want to train for the National Team, Play Pro and Play at top 10 college
ECNL- for those who want to continue playing soccer past High School in college. All colleges will be available
SCDSL, CSL and all the others- Stay local and still be seen by colleges. I actually think this league fits many of us including my dd. This is the place to play if you're a three sport athlete in HS. All colleges will be available
Club OLE- New way to play the game and stay homegrown. Organic and local. Not sure yet but I love the passion at that club
DPL- If you show promise and still want to train and be close to the action. A great alternative to ECNL with college showcases too
ECNL Regional- Player who wants to play local and not travel far
DP- I'm still confused on this acronym but I think you can play in all the above with the same club and be allowed 6 developmental games to see if you gots what it takes to be called up to the DA.
DPL2- Not sure if this is even real but if it is I would absolutely tell you to stay away
AYSO u3- Only one year of A SO and then every club recruiter you can think of will be contacting you for their
ULittles- Now starts at 3-6 years old.
@Fact has had some gr8t advice for us. Talk to the Kiddos and find out what they want. @dreamz said it best, "Someone needs to write an article about all this crock n' bull and open everyone's eyes to what all of this ridiculous hysteria is to get our DD's on some acronym team while we all scratch our head's trying to figure out which acronym is the best when all we really want is a pathway to college (not pros, that's a separate book) for our DD's." I think you should take their advice, not mine.

I like your list and it makes perfect sense. I'd add a few more things-
1. DPL/ECNL Regional League -the middle/bottom tier of these teams would struggle against Champions/Premier/Gold level teams. The bottom would struggle against Europa teams.
2. DPL/ECNL Regional League- Top top teams could probably hang with the bottom of the DA and ECNL teams.
3. Scheduling - For some reason, SCDSL feels that they need to play a lot of Sunday games (they say its for SAT/ACT testing purposes). ECNL/DA/DPL/ECNL RL seem to have found a way to play mostly on Saturdays.
4. Costs - I do think you need to factor in the cost to play DPL/ECNL RL compared to SCDSL or Coast. My understanding is that DPL/ECNL RL are significantly more expensive (not even talking about travel to Dallas for an October showcase or other travel).
5. Article about the "Crock and Bull"- I'd love to see a few college coaches get together and write something up about the truths and myths of college soccer recruiting. From the perspective of a high D1 program, a low D1 program and some D2/D3/NAIA coaches.

DPL teams do play in the same "great" college showcases as the non national league teams. Doesn't mean that it's the best choice for everyone. It's definitely not DA whoever says "it's exactly like DA except you get to play HS" is a liar and I have a hard time believing someone said that and harder time believing someone bought that. A lot of DPL girls have been moved up to DA and or have been given time in DA games and showcases and practices. But apparently they suck and are only called up cause players quit and there are never girls outside of a DA club that tryout for those spots. Of course DPL isn't ECNL. I do believe that clubs sold that lie especially to the girls from Surf and West Coast that were ECNL the year before DPL. Weather it's better than discovery or not who cares it's your choice make the best choice of coach team location ect ect and if your stuck going to Texas for a showcase then make the most fun of it you can and play some teams you haven't played all year every year since u8. Either that or realize you are a kool aid drinker and tell your daughter to quit playing soccer cause she sucks and can't make ECNL SMH
So let's just say for argument sake, I took Surf up on their ECNL offer after my dd decided to go for HS Sports. They came hard to keep her, ok........That means we drive from OC to San Diego for ECNL. Then, they pull the "bait & Switch" and offer DPL a month or so later. I know for a FACT they already knew they weren't getting ECNL. Why sell that to me and my kid Mr Army? I have experience in the market your talking about sir and I'm watching history unfold before our very eyes. Ya, I was sold DPL hard before it was called DPL if that makes any sense to you.

So let's just say for argument sake, I took Surf up on their ECNL offer after my dd decided to go for HS Sports. They came hard to keep her, ok........That means we drive from OC to San Diego for ECNL. Then, they pull the "bait & Switch" and offer DPL a month or so later. I know for a FACT they already knew they weren't getting ECNL. Why sell that to me and my kid Mr Army? I have experience in the market your talking about sir and I'm watching history unfold before our very eyes. Ya, I was sold DPL hard before it was called DPL if that makes any sense to you.
I said I do believe they sold that lie

I said I do believe they sold that lie
And I freaking lived it sir and so did my wife. Imagine how pissed I would have been when the said, "sorry Dad, no ECNL. DA made us make a decision and we chose DA. So we have something else for you called DPL." I know how other Surf parents felt because two of them joined my dd 03' ECNL team last year at the last day of sign up deadline. That was the othe travesty. Waiting until the very end to give out the true info. I have to give it up to Surf, Legends and Beach for putting this league together though. If you don't have DPL, you lose major contributors who make the money train go. Blues is the winner right now. My dd just played their 04' ECNL team and I was wondering where they find all these athletes who can run fast and are very strong and skilled I might add. Their doing something right over there. DA team is real good too :)

I like your list and it makes perfect sense. I'd add a few more things-
1. DPL/ECNL Regional League -the middle/bottom tier of these teams would struggle against Champions/Premier/Gold level teams. The bottom would struggle against Europa teams.
2. DPL/ECNL Regional League- Top top teams could probably hang with the bottom of the DA and ECNL teams.
3. Scheduling - For some reason, SCDSL feels that they need to play a lot of Sunday games (they say its for SAT/ACT testing purposes). ECNL/DA/DPL/ECNL RL seem to have found a way to play mostly on Saturdays.
4. Costs - I do think you need to factor in the cost to play DPL/ECNL RL compared to SCDSL or Coast. My understanding is that DPL/ECNL RL are significantly more expensive (not even talking about travel to Dallas for an October showcase or other travel).
5. Article about the "Crock and Bull"- I'd love to see a few college coaches get together and write something up about the truths and myths of college soccer recruiting. From the perspective of a high D1 program, a low D1 program and some D2/D3/NAIA coaches.
All great adds Mr Buck :)

Still don't know what you meant by for arguments sake and what your arguing about or disagree with. Maybe you sensed that I disagree with your comparison of Tom Lewis to Zion in another thread :) haha. Have a good day

My dd just played their 04' ECNL team and I was wondering where they find all these athletes who can run fast and are very strong and skilled I might add. Their doing something right over there.
Your DDs team also played Rising. Thoughts on them? My DD is not on that club FYI. Just curious.

Your DDs team also played Rising. Thoughts on them? My DD is not on that club FYI. Just curious.
Rising brought their passion to The Great Park and played hard and got the victory for it. They seem to get to the ball first if you know what I mean. Happens in soccer sometimes. I was impressed as I am with all the teams so far. Rising is on the Rise and they had a CM that had some really good skills. Southwest conference is kind of like Pac 12 :) Going to be tough to make Champions Playoffs:)

Rising brought their passion to The Great Park and played hard and got the victory for it. They seem to get to the ball first if you know what I mean. Happens in soccer sometimes. I was impressed as I am with all the teams so far. Rising is on the Rise and they had a CM that had some really good skills. Southwest conference is kind of like Pac 12 :) Going to be tough to make Champions Playoffs:)
Plus they had great speed on the wings....

Still don't know what you meant by for arguments sake and what your arguing about or disagree with. Maybe you sensed that I disagree with your comparison of Tom Lewis to Zion in another thread :) haha. Have a good day
Do you know how good Capo Valley Cougars would have been in 82/83 if Tom Lewis didn't bolt to Mater Dei? Capo had The Call brothers, Burt and little bro Nathan and the DeCasas Brothers. Wally was like a 6 4' Charles Barkley if I remember correctly. I think Steve was the shooter. Anyway, Capo would have been #1 in the country if Tom didn't bail to the Monarchs. My HS School Hoops coach was crazy too. He told all the stud SR Volleyball players that if they didn't give up beach volleyball over the summer and play summer league hoops that he would cut them from the Varsity team. Well, those boys already had full rides to UCLA, Stanford and SC to name a few and told that coach to go eat sand. That same coach called me up to Varsity as a baby Soph in the freaking South Coast League because we had no Srs now. Well, my dream before the Capo game was UCLA full ride. After getting destroyed by both Burt and Nathan, I realized that I was JC at best or if I worked on my game maybe NAIA. Anyway, you have a great day too :)

Do you know how good Capo Valley Cougars would have been in 82/83 if Tom Lewis didn't bolt to Mater Dei? Capo had The Call brothers, Burt and little bro Nathan and the DeCasas Brothers. Wally was like a 6 4' Charles Barkley if I remember correctly. I think Steve was the shooter. Anyway, Capo would have been #1 in the country if Tom didn't bail to the Monarchs. My HS School Hoops coach was crazy too. He told all the stud SR Volleyball players that if they didn't give up beach volleyball over the summer and play summer league hoops that he would cut them from the Varsity team. Well, those boys already had full rides to UCLA, Stanford and SC to name a few and told that coach to go eat sand. That same coach called me up to Varsity as a baby Soph in the freaking South Coast League because we had no Srs now. Well, my dream before the Capo game was UCLA full ride. After getting destroyed by both Burt and Nathan, I realized that I was JC at best or if I worked on my game maybe NAIA. Anyway, you have a great day too :)
A good article about Tommmy
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1986-09-14-sp-12361-story.html

Sounds just like what LA Surf did to SoCal Academy.....

Back