DPL Dallas Showcase

Xoloman

BRONZE
A week away from the event, schedules not completed and no college attended list. Anyone with the inside scoop or did event organizers just drop the ball?
Don’t want to call it a scam quit yet!

A week away from the event, schedules not completed and no college attended list. Anyone with the inside scoop or did event organizers just drop the ball?
Man, this is so hard to read. I don't want to be disrespectful for everyone in the DPL. My dd was offered DPL this year so she can play HS Soccer. I honestly pray now this is not to be a scam for you guys. I mean that sincerely...…

Hopefully they proof read the schedule. In the U15 bracket, the have FC Dallas playing 2 games at the same time on Monday against 2 different teams.

Appreciate the link... they’re still trying to figure out some games and no college list. Hope the beers and bbq are better than the planning.
Sorry to be so blunt but do you really expect a meaningful college list? Besides the obvious reason, it is during the collegiate season. Every college coach will be busy coaching their team.

DPL was a big enough sham to begin with. But it got worse. Anyone thinking that there would be college coaches at a DPL event in October during the college season is the perfect fit for the falsehood that is the DPL. Anyone you see in college gear is going to be paid to wear it and look like a college coach just to try and save face.
DPL leadership, sent and email to the club's saying that the list of coaches wasn't worth posting but don't worry, there will be some coaches there (or so we are hoping). Even scheduling FC Dallas DA games during the event isn't going to bring them.
But look on the bright side, at least there will be DPL2 games going on too - LOL. DPL2 really? How bad is this going to get before people realize the sham that it is?
Parents, you should all be demanding your $$$ back and using it for relevant college showcase events, not fake ones. There are plenty that would be worth your time and money.
What a sham(e).

DPL was a big enough sham to begin with. But it got worse. Anyone thinking that there would be college coaches at a DPL event in October during the college season is the perfect fit for the falsehood that is the DPL. Anyone you see in college gear is going to be paid to wear it and look like a college coach just to try and save face.
DPL leadership, sent and email to the club's saying that the list of coaches wasn't worth posting but don't worry, there will be some coaches there (or so we are hoping). Even scheduling FC Dallas DA games during the event isn't going to bring them.
But look on the bright side, at least there will be DPL2 games going on too - LOL. DPL2 really? How bad is this going to get before people realize the sham that it is?
Parents, you should all be demanding your $$$ back and using it for relevant college showcase events, not fake ones. There are plenty that would be worth your time and money.
What a sham(e).
@dreamz I don’t know you but I love you. Well spoken but what the hell is DPL2. ? You’ve got to be kidding? LOL

An interesting fact I learned is that in most age groups the C team at Albion is better than the DPL team. Apparently coach Hugh’s is verbally abusive so a lot of players opt for the C team as proven by the Albion Showcase with C teams beating the DPL teams. LOL.

An interesting fact I learned is that in most age groups the C team at Albion is better than the DPL team. Apparently coach Hugh’s is verbally abusive so a lot of players opt for the C team as proven by the Albion Showcase with C teams beating the DPL teams. LOL.
@#24 disagreeing with my post. I thought DA octogenarian parents were not allowed to post on this site? LOL

How many DPL teams from so cal would be better served by playing against at team from scdsl discovery/champions or csl premier/gold instead of flying over several states and taking a few days off of school?

Appreciate the link... they’re still trying to figure out some games and no college list. Hope the beers and bbq are better than the planning.
Lot's of beers and steaks will make it a fun trip. Go check out JFK and the football stadium. Maybe some colleges will send their assistant coaches? SMU is close by so they will send someone over to take a peak at the SoCal talent for sure. Stay positive. The fields are 100% awesome in Dallas. Make sure to fly into that Love Airport. Don't worry about the college list. "If you build it, they will come." However, I'm told from some I don't know squat about nothing, especially this DA & DP & DPL leagues and TCs. Plus, now we have DPL2 to compete with ECNL2. I got (my dd) played 2 years ago so it's par for the course. Let's ALL in SoCal be grateful that all DDs can now fly across the country in multiple leagues and showcase to all the college scouts and YNT team scouts. My buddy is a pilot with Southwest and he told me today he's never seen so many youth soccer players flying the skies the past 12 months. He wanted to know if he should get his 6 year old dd in this arena and I told him to move to LA and hook up with Luis's club OLE.

Hot off the news wire:
U.S. Soccer follows through on Women's World Cup Benefits for American youth clubs
"Finally, on behalf the Federation, I want to express our gratitude for the role your club played in our players’ development pathway that led to an unprecedented fourth star. Your club was a part of U.S. Soccer’s success this summer, and we hope that any funds you receive from this program will be invested directly in the development of the next generation of Women’s National Team players."

I'm so glad The Federation found time to say, "thank you" to all the clubs hard work for all their developmental teaching. I did more digging and it's only $10K That is weak to say the least. I say give it to the girls who almost made it and pushed the others to the top.

DOCs are now planning that Hawaii family vacation
So they "hope" the money goes back to investing in players? I'm sorry, but the parents are the one's investing time and money in these clubs and the girls give up their teenage life and risk ACL and concussions every game they play in. Some of these Docs and coaches think they have the secret sauce in coaching. Take Coach Barry at LA Surf as an example. He is the current YNT U16 head coach this year. Nice to share that little information with future recruits around the LA Market. @Luis Andres, has coach Barry approached you yet? My dd and I were approached for free tuition when she was 11 plus many other goodies I will share someday at the right time. Your dd is miles ahead at 9 than my kid ever was. Back then Luis, it was kick it over the Mids and up top and my little goat will try and find the net. I see Club OLE as the new way. Robo those girls early on. However, I will tell you if ur dd is anything like mine, she will eventually tell you to shut up and leave her alone and just let her play free.

It’s official! This is a “Big hat no cattle” showcase! Throw dem cold ones in the ice bucket, rub the butt, and get the smoker going!

It’s official! This is a “Big hat no cattle” showcase! Throw dem cold ones in the ice bucket, rub the butt, and get the smoker going!
We were 50/50 on doing DPL this year. I was told by one Doc that if my dd performed well she could get her call up to DA after HS Soccer was over next year. No promises of starts or position, just a chance for her to be seen by the scouts. I was also told many college scouts would be attending the Dallas Showcase just like they do in Arizona Nov 8-10 for ECNL Showcase. So, if we took up the DPL Sham(e) (No disrespect to those who went there instead of ECNL) and said no to ECNL and traveled next weekend with the other 10 Cali teams (5 Texas teams, only 24 teams in U16) this is how my dd and my wife and I would spend the Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

Friday- Fly into Love Airport. Drop off wife and dd at hotel. DD looks bored and I tell her, "listen, get used to this. This is how college will roll so stop the whining. Mom is getting a massage and a few mommy things."
DD: Where you going dad
Me: I'm going to hang with the boys and the coaches (Lone Star Park Horse Racing and maybe a few other places afterwards and Steak & Beers)

Saturday: Play big showcase game. I notice some "superman" type guy ripping off his shirt in the bathroom and underneath is a college logo shirt. Puts on a hat and out he goes. Drop off dd at hotel and she is getting restless. I tell her "to knock it off." Mom and dad go watch the RedRiver Showdown to celebrate our 22nd year of marriage. I grab her some Steaks & Beer and all is good. We get back to hotel and head down to the bar and get wasted. I love my wife so much :)

Sunday- Another game and off to JFK. Steaks & Beers afterwards

Monday-Another game and more sight seeing. Steaks & Beers afterwards

Tuesday- Wake up and go down and get Steak & Eggs one last time. Fly home to Cali and wait on Docs to tell us what the college coaches had to say. I feel bad for some college coaches by the way and for some of you who thought this showcase is all that.

Back