DPL and the new DPL Pilot

I'm sorry if it has been posted on another forum. I just need to understand (as it pertains to SoCal teams only) if one or both programs will allow HS soccer. If they will be entirely separate leagues. Also, who truly is affiliated with US Soccer and which one is not? Again, I know it probably exists on another forum, but I have parents telling me that HS soccer will be allowed under one of the two programs (like ECNL).

It’s a shame these leagues are all trying to restrict HS. That’s where the fun is (even though we cringe at the unsafe play) and many of these kids look forward to it. Having to choose makes it hard and many DA seniors quit DA this year because they regretted not playing HS

I'm sorry if it has been posted on another forum. I just need to understand (as it pertains to SoCal teams only) if one or both programs will allow HS soccer. If they will be entirely separate leagues. Also, who truly is affiliated with US Soccer and which one is not? Again, I know it probably exists on another forum, but I have parents telling me that HS soccer will be allowed under one of the two programs (like ECNL).

Write them: info@dpleague.org

Someone created and posted a great graphic that delineated the governing structure of the leagues. I tried to find it, but couldn't. My understanding based on DPL site and OC Surf press release is that all DPL will play HS if desired, but 03 DPL pilot will mirror the 03 DA pilot and not allow HS soccer.

Back