Do you think if a club has an issue of a coach having inappropriate relations with a child it...

Discussion in 'SoCalScene' started by sandshark, Jan 10, 2018.

1. OBkicks

OBkicks BRONZE

Ratings:
    +22 / 1
    I was told by a parent on one of his teams that they knew nothing specific and a letter (email) did go out recently from Albion. (Not sure if clubwide or to the specific team) The parent said it came out too late, and they are disappointed, and all it stated was that Scheri was let go due to breaking the “texting policy.” NOTHING about any sexual or even inappropriate allegations. They did not want to believe it and their kid is still there with a new coach. It’s crazy. I agree with a previous poster about feeding the machine. It’s so big that this scandal (and that’s what it is) probably won’t even dent it. And that’s really sad.
    I have an 18 year old daughter and I can only imagine the frustration and angst, at least, that is being felt by these parents. Support,
    compassion and unity is required here people. This really needs to be exposed, and simply for the greater good.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. OrangeCountyDad

OrangeCountyDad SILVER

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    it's shocking how that is some people's response. we saw the same response. "it's a misunderstanding." "he didn't do anything."

as for information in the letter- not addressing this to you but more generally, it's an employment issue and my understanding is employers are limited on what they can say when they terminate an employee. Now if law enforcement is involved, officers can say more, but employers are pretty limited.

3. smellycleats

smellycleats SILVER ELITE

Ratings:
    +258 / 6
    I believe you’re right. Once again, rules in place are designed to protect the adults in the situation, not the kids.

4. Fact

Fact PREMIER

Ratings:
    +1,209 / 38
    Actually that is not correct. Employers can say a lot more than most people think. They may want to limit what they say out of fear of retribution, but they can give all the details.

5. coachsamy

coachsamy

Ratings:
    +288 / 12
    Well Albion got rewarded with the U18/19 DA boys team. No wonder they are so hush hush about this whole fiasco. Completely sad and garbage.

6. OrangeCountyDad

OrangeCountyDad SILVER

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    yes, true - they can say whatever they want, but possibly open the organization up to legal action from the terminated employee. not saying it's right, just that it is. unfortunately the law protects groomers as much as wrongly terminated customer service agents.

7. outside!

outside! PREMIER

Ratings:
    +2,194 / 40
    CBS News 8 in San Diego is covering this story tomorrow night at 11:00 pm.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Surfref

Surfref PREMIER

Ratings:
    +2,385 / 28
    It will be interesting to see how and what they present in the story. Could be a black eye for Albion or they may spin it as Albion did all the right things. I will have to remember to set my cable box to record the news.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. outside!

outside! PREMIER

Ratings:
    +2,194 / 40
    I have set my DVR to record it. They did a little preview last night during the news. It looks like the go to TS's house to talk to him.

10. El Clasico

El Clasico SILVER ELITE

Ratings:
    +605 / 20
    So is the guy still coaching someplace or is he unemployed?

11. Really!?!

Really!?!

Ratings:
    +57 / 6
    As some of the people on this site know, the producer of the segment contacted people he thought had information on this site through DMs. He contacted me because Really!?! is the one that said his wife turned him in. Unfortunately, I had to tell him that I am not the Really!?! that made that claim (I inherited his account when I caught him badmouthing people) and that I feel that a lot of the posters about the issue on this site was the same person trying to smear Albion. The producers told me that Albion did provide a statement.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. G03_SD

G03_SD

Ratings:
    +98 / 1
  13. Chalklines

Chalklines SILVER ELITE

Ratings:
    +244 / 12
    Albion Milk Man Scandal

14. espola

espola DA

Ratings:
    +5,799 / 231
    How does that "inherit his account" thing work?

15. Really!?!

Really!?!

Ratings:
    +57 / 6
    I’ll DM you.

16. Fact

Fact PREMIER

Ratings:
    +1,209 / 38
    The channel 8 story was weak. It did not offer any evidence of what the text said, only that it was about a medical procedure and did not say whether that info was hearsay.

People need to come forward to know the truth. It does not
    look like anyone involved was willing to do that or they were not made aware of the police and news investigations.

Also if you look when Albion notified families it was on February 14 and only in response to this site. Obviously they would not have come forward unless they felt cornered.

But what amazes me is just how stupid Albion(Gins,McKaveney and Crowe’s PR wife) is and because I knowthat they monitor this site, I am requesting that theyimmediately remove the team roster of the player involved. The report has plenty of information to determine with avery high probability who the victim was and then in their statement to the police the idiots mention her age. Way to protect privacy .... wrong! I am sure they mentioned thatshe was 17 in an attempt to show that it was not that badsince she is almost an adult. Shows they only care aboutthemselves.

• Like Like x 1
  17. coachsamy

coachsamy

Ratings:
    +288 / 12
    Here is the report on channel 8. http://www.cbs8.com/story/38044216/soccer-coach-fired-for-alleged-texting-violation-involving-teen

I wonder if all those current Albion parents will continue to be on denial. I mean what else could go wrong???

18. Justafan

Justafan GOLD

Ratings:
    +848 / 29
    Before I go on my “I told you so” rant, I’d just like to know what you think should happen to Albion, the club, as a result of this incident (i.e. if you had the power of a judge, what would be your sentence for Albion?).

Also I’d like to know exactly what you think Albion families should do with their kids (i.e. should they leave the club because of this incident?).

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Justafan

Justafan GOLD

Ratings:
    +848 / 29
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. coachsamy

coachsamy

Ratings:
    +288 / 12
    I would leave Albion in a heart beat, no questions asked. Unless I take my child to Surf or Carlsbad, I would see a significant savings and probably even better coaching.

There are many quality options available in San Diego County, just happens that people buy into the koolaid that NG sells. Lets see what options are available.

East County: SD United and Liverpool. (Both clubs have decent to good teams in the ulittles until parents leave to go to Albion.)
    Coastal SD: Nomads, Surf, Sharks, La Jolla, Express, RSF, Carlsbad.
    Inland SD: Poway, SDSC, Scripps, SDFA, Whatever the Ocampo bros club is called nowadays.
    South SD: CVFC (Deserves full boys DA status) and Rebels (Deserves full GDA status and should apply for ECNL).

Plus all the smaller clubs that are within these areas and the AYSO Matrix that are within all those areas for the Albion Premier programs.

• Like Like x 1