Damn if you do, damn if you don't

Discussion in 'SoCalScene' started by Deadpoolscores!, Apr 13, 2018.

1. focomoso

focomoso Bronze

Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    $1500 for the fundraiser buyout...? I've seen $150, but $1500 is... extortion, really.

2. Mystery Train

Mystery Train Silver

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 8
    haha, no. The $1500 was me adding up all of the other costs & fees plus the fundraiser. Didn't write that very clearly...

I don't remember how much the fundraiser was exactly, but any amount was bullshit to me after paying a la carte for literally everything else.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zdrone

Zdrone Bronze

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    The only thing I would add on this is scrimmage fees outside of the normal season. They do add up and $5 a pop is resonable to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. outside!

outside! Silver

Ratings:
    +1,336 / 27
    My radio presets are Jazz 88.3 (although I can do without Dixie Land and any of the crooners) and some rock stations. Way back when my son was still in a car seat, I changed stations and he asked what type of music this was. I told him it was rock. He asked what the previous station was. I told him it was Jazz. He said "I like rock better". He has been spending his ref money the past year on a double bass pedal and cymbals to upgrade his drum kit. This year the HS team would blast various pop/rap songs over the intercom. When he is a senior, he is determined to get some Slayer on the play list. He recently told me that if you listen to country music carefully, you can hear the drummer tap out "Please kill me before the song ends" in Morse code. Sometimes we joke around by saying "Not Quite My Tempo". If I had to pick just one band, it would be Fishbone, but my latest playlists include a lot of Japanese metal bands. I for one welcome our new maid overlords.

5. Deadpoolscores!

Deadpoolscores!

Ratings:
    +174 / 3
    No worries, besides there is nothing wrong with people posting there thoughts as long its civil and not immature.

6. SoccerFan4Life

SoccerFan4Life Bronze

Ratings:
    +225 / 9
    Speaking of music, I had an "Aha" moment last week driving to Lancaster for State cup. My son is learning how to play the guitar (Classic Rock) so he brought his guitar on the trip. Made the 2 1/2 trip short and he enjoyed playing in the car. Now I am trying to get him to move from Beatles music to Rolling Stones and Eagles. Can't wait til the next long drive to another soccer tournament

7. Multi Sport

Multi Sport Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +992 / 21
    Ever try 60 West to 71 South to avoid the 15 traffic?

8. apmullaly

apmullaly Bronze

Ratings:
    +53 / 2

Stick with the Beatles!

9. apmullaly

apmullaly Bronze

Ratings:
    +53 / 2
    Sirius/XM radio is worth it during the commutes

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Toch

Toch Bronze

Ratings:
    +68 / 8
    You can definitely get equal or better training closer to home

11. mirage

mirage Silver

Ratings:
    +702 / 9
    KJazz (KLON) is one of the last surviving jazz stations in the nation. Its quite sad to see this pure American music expression slowly disappear. There was a time when LA area had multiple jazz station, KKGO being the biggest and the best before changing to classical.

Today, thanks Clear Channel/iHeart Radio, we hear the same 12 songs over and over again on just about every station. And they all goto commercial at the same time so you are forced to have commercial playing. The Sirius/XM has multiple genre but within any given station the playlist is still limited and you hear the same songs repeatedly in a day. The best part of Sirius/XM is the ability to listen to anything, including news, business and sports.

We've gone to streaming Spotify/Google Music/Amazon Prime in our cars and at home (aside from ripped music from our old CD's).