DA v. Top Club Teams

We are all lucky to live in SoCal where the soccer is relatively high level all around.

I would argue that, outside of the MLS-affiliated DAs, the top SoCal club teams, i.e. youthsoccerrankings top ~10 in any given age group, display a similar level of quality with a similar number of D1/D3 bound players.

Am I wrong?

We are all lucky to live in SoCal where the soccer is relatively high level all around.

I would argue that, outside of the MLS-affiliated DAs, the top SoCal club teams, i.e. youthsoccerrankings top ~10 in any given age group, display a similar level of quality with a similar number of D1/D3 bound players.

Am I wrong?

If you're referring to youth soccer sholarship players to D1 college's most of the top clubs are in DA or ECNL where they see 80% of the graduating class getting D1 offers and almost all the remaining player the other divisions. DA doesn't really keep great stats due to several clubs not reporting overall but for a country wide sample see http://www.ussoccerda.com/20170203-academy-players-sign-off-on-college-commitments-for-fall-2017

For DA or ECNL the % of players D1 bound are much higher vs regular club teams.

Quality is subjective but if you look at the national team pools most come from clubs in those leagues.

I am not talking about 'regular clubs'. I'm talking about the top clubs teams in SoCal. And I am not talking about ENCL. I'm talking about DA. I don't know where you got the 80% but that is awesome if it is true for all of the DA programs. I am guessing if you looked at the top 10 club teams in SoCal for say 2000s, that 80% rate for D1/D3 is not far off.

Back