DA Spring Showcases

Loving the fact that the Spring Showcase has moved away from North Carolina in April and will be played in Commerce City, CO.

Also the Southwest DA Conference will play an inter conference showcase on March 2/3 either in Del Mar or Oceanside.

I am glad the U18/19's don't play the Spring Showcase. This past summer at the Mines camp in Golden every girl that lives at sea level got some sort of altitude sickness for one day (including my daughter). I would highly recommend that you arrive at least two days prior to playing since altitude sickness usually happens the day after arrival.

Loving the fact that the Spring Showcase has moved away from North Carolina in April and will be played in Commerce City, CO.is th
Also the Southwest DA Conference will play an inter conference showcase on March 2/3 either in Del Mar or Oceanside.
is the sw inter conference for all the age groups? they havent mentioned that to us yet....thx!

Loving the fact that the Spring Showcase has moved away from North Carolina in April and will be played in Commerce City, CO.

The US Soccer Tech Advisor was out at our club earlier this week. Said among many things that they were unhappy with the set up/conditions of the location last year in NC.

I went to watch. Weather sucked. Very cold and rainy. A bunch of fields flooded and games got moved around. The layout made it more difficult for coaches to move freely among fields.

Ever been to Colorado in April? not exactly spring training weather....it is bipolar that time of year there...

It has snowed in Commerce City at some point during the same days each year for at least the last three years. The good news is the DA's flexible substitution rules require that only six players per team play the full 90 minutes at altitude. The GDA is perfect.

Looking forward to Colorado! I was expecting North Carolina again so it’s a nice surprise that it’s closer. A new state for my daughter to visit which is cool. Altitude and possible snow will be new challenges to consider and prepare for. I really enjoy watching my daughter expand her world view through these new experiences.

Looking forward to Colorado! I was expecting North Carolina again so it’s a nice surprise that it’s closer. A new state for my daughter to visit which is cool. Altitude and possible snow will be new challenges to consider and prepare for. I really enjoy watching my daughter expand her world view through these new experiences.

Refreshing outlook! Versus the cynical view points of most on here. You wonder why they have there kids play in Club with how much some of these people complain.

I love your attitude and agree whole heartedly.

It has snowed in Commerce City at some point during the same days each year for at least the last three years. The good news is the DA's flexible substitution rules require that only six players per team play the full 90 minutes at altitude. The GDA is perfect.

Probably the best solution is that USSF should stop promoting its DA entirely because a bunch of trolls who need anti-depressants are just going to inevitably rip on it regardless

I asked ALEXA what the weather would be in Colorado during April. Her answer was, “I don’t know”. So let’s not worry about it. She did say to not go to Hawaii in November. Their rainy season.

I'm flattered to have a devotee who's analyzed my entire body of work, but what’s your point? It's wrong to defend the GDA for the few things it does right if I’m going to criticize the many things it does wrong?

The fact is the GDA could have been a success, but USSF couldn't get out of its own way with its many stupid rules and decisions, along with its obstinate refusal to listen to reason. I applaud your "glass is 1/12th full" devotion, but no amount of positive thinking will save the GDA at this point regardless of how you rationalize that paying $1,200 or so for your daughter to get altitude sickness playing in the snow will be a neat challenge for her and everyone else's daughters. At least one age group for an entire GDA division (and potentially others) is going to quit mid-season in a matter of weeks unless USSF gets its s**t together right now. When that happens, the only thing left for USSF will be to start negotiating terms of surrender to the ECNL.

I asked ALEXA what the weather would be in Colorado during April. Her answer was, “I don’t know”. So let’s not worry about it. She did say to not go to Hawaii in November. Their rainy season.

Funny, that's the same thing Germany's Minister of Weather told Hitler in 1942 about the upcoming winter in Stalingrad. Why worry about the weather when you're only sending other people's children anyway? I'm sure it'll work out fine.

Funny, that's the same thing Germany's Minister of Weather told Hitler in 1942 about the upcoming winter in Stalingrad. Why worry about the weather when you're only sending other people's children anyway? I'm sure it'll work out fine.
Wow! You are a stick in the mud. No sense of humor.
Your analogy is a terrible one. Minister of Weather gets the blame. There is far more that played into the demise of the German army's invasion of Stalingrad and the Soviet Union.
And, your rant is really not about the location, but DA.

Last edited:
I'm flattered to have a devotee who's analyzed my entire body of work, but what’s your point? It's wrong to defend the GDA for the few things it does right if I’m going to criticize the many things it does wrong?

The fact is the GDA could have been a success, but USSF couldn't get out of its own way with its many stupid rules and decisions, along with its obstinate refusal to listen to reason. I applaud your "glass is 1/12th full" devotion, but no amount of positive thinking will save the GDA at this point regardless of how you rationalize that paying $1,200 or so for your daughter to get altitude sickness playing in the snow will be a neat challenge for her and everyone else's daughters. At least one age group for an entire GDA division (and potentially others) is going to quit mid-season in a matter of weeks unless USSF gets its s**t together right now. When that happens, the only thing left for USSF will be to start negotiating terms of surrender to the ECNL.
Damn! I have to admit, I hate what DA has done to the Landscape of youth soccer, but E.O.L, you sound full of wishful thinking. I’ll believe it when I see it. Maybe, if you’re right, it will have an affect on future GDA. We shall see.

Please explain which age group for an entire GDA division is going to quit? Would it be the oldest age group? That might make sense since most of the players have already committed either to a college or to quitting when they start college.

Back