DA Spring Showcase

First time our so cal girls get to experience a snow day with no school.

If you’re gonna pull the kids out of school for soccer, at least have it in a place with a very low chance of a weather issue cancelling games.

Okay. There is snow. I guess we must all admit that. o_O

Too bad no one warned people that Commerce City was literally the worst city in America with a soccer complex to have a showcase in late April. If only someone had explained how stupid it is to pay $600-700 in travel and lodging and miss 3-4 days of school to play two soccer games.

Now that I've been proven right again, can we go back to discussing how GDA's stupid rules subject your children to a serious and unnecessary risk of catastrophic knee injuries? How virtually all of the best clubs in the US have left GDA, rendering it a second tier league? How USSF defrauded its participants by stating they could play HS through graduation, only to change the rules once they'd joined the league? Can we talk about all the other reasons GDA is crap now that the snow debate has been resolved? Or maybe you should just make snow angels on the field before your daughters' game (if it wasn't canceled).

Too bad no one warned people that Commerce City was literally the worst city in America with a soccer complex to have a showcase in late April. If only someone had explained how stupid it is to pay $600-700 in travel and lodging and miss 3-4 days of school to play two soccer games.

Now that I've been proven right again, can we go back to discussing how GDA's stupid rules subject your children to a serious and unnecessary risk of catastrophic knee injuries? How virtually all of the best clubs in the US have left GDA, rendering it a second tier league? How USSF defrauded its participants by stating they could play HS through graduation, only to change the rules once they'd joined the league? Can we talk about all the other reasons GDA is crap now that the snow debate has been resolved? Or maybe you should just make snow angels on the field before your daughters' game (if it wasn't canceled).
Right “again”? You have to be right more than once for it to be “again”.

Looks like the Village was tired of you too and set you free once again.

EOL likes to write in hyperbole to get the blood boiling--and I've lit him up in the past over his misguided opinions re the National Teams--but, I have to agree here as it is confounding why CO would be chosen as a location in late April when most of the ski resorts are still open every year (not just on big snow years like this one). To make families pull kids out of school and pay big $$ with a decent chance of foul weather is moronic. And, with the new recruiting rules, not sure why U14s are traveling anyway if colleges not yet interested.

Now, that said, with similar showcases and year-round league play, and many girls also playing high school, an ECNL player has the same injury risk as a DA player---any argument otherwise is biased against the DA.

How good is the San Jose Earthquakes U15 team? They have 4 players committed to my daughter’s school for the 2022 recruiting class so I am curious as to whether they are going to help them stay in the upper echelon of D1 soccer. Thanks for any insight.

How good is the San Jose Earthquakes U15 team? They have 4 players committed to my daughter’s school for the 2022 recruiting class so I am curious as to whether they are going to help them stay in the upper echelon of D1 soccer. Thanks for any insight.

#1 team in the nation according to their social media feed. #3 according to youth soccer ranking.

When Deza left Force to San Jose Earthquakes, most of his players followed him.
Some equate them to Force 98 ECNL team.

It's too bad they don't get to play YSR #1 team next door.

Colleges recruit the player not the team LOL (teasing). UCLA tends to put a bunch their eggs in just a few baskets the past couple of years. You see lots of Blues players coming next year and I know for a fact a few of those girls are not as good as other players UCLA could have landed. There seems to be a few factors other than true talent driving some of these UCLA commits. They do branch out for their best talent though and that is all that matters.

Colleges recruit the player not the team LOL (teasing). UCLA tends to put a bunch their eggs in just a few baskets the past couple of years. You see lots of Blues players coming next year and I know for a fact a few of those girls are not as good as other players UCLA could have landed. There seems to be a few factors other than true talent driving some of these UCLA commits. They do branch out for their best talent though and that is all that matters.

A team needs chiefs and a team needs some Indians. You will find out next season that 16-17 field players on a roster gobble up 95% of the minutes. 5-6 field players play 80+ minutes a game and the remaining 11-12 players split the remaining minutes.

Not to mention that rankings mean very little. UCLA tends to recruit s top class as an anchor class with 4-7 stars and then they fill in the gaps.

Good luck to you your player. I hope that she gets to show what she’s got against the Bruins when they play then this season. My player will definitely be waiting...

Those players will add quality to the team without a doubt. As long as they continue on their current trajectory.

A team needs chiefs and a team needs some Indians. You will find out next season that 16-17 field players on a roster gobble up 95% of the minutes. 5-6 field players play 80+ minutes a game and the remaining 11-12 players split the remaining minutes.

Not to mention that rankings mean very little. UCLA tends to recruit s top class as an anchor class with 4-7 stars and then they fill in the gaps.

Good luck to you your player. I hope that she gets to show what she’s got against the Bruins when they play then this season. My player will definitely be waiting...
The 2022 Keeper UCLA signed is quality as well!

Back