DA Showcase Day One-

This event is crazy. Over 60 scouts at our game. Who’s who of D1 schools. We are new to this and have never seen the like of this before. Poor moms were working up a sweat passing at team brochures.

This is the most college coaches I have seen at any event ever by far.

17-8-4 for Socal teams today (all ages).

I heard same thing about scouts: tremendous presence. Someone told me the West Coast - Dallas’s Texas u15 game Wednesday had 56 scouts.

The only thing that equals that feeling of pre college accomplishment is getting the email from US Soccer inviting your DD to a camp...Priceless!

Certainly. I think the gratification of girls youth soccer can can be found by your DD defining the end game....... For some it's the US Invite. For others, it's leveraging the sport they love, to attend universities that will have a compound effect on their lives, well beyond their soccer years.

Best of luck to all the SoCal girls in FL,....This is the Golden Ticket of opportunity - Use it wisely;)

DAY TWO:
Same format as yesterday..our local club/team..where they rank among 14 teams in the West Conference/Southwest Division
Game score..opponent..where they rank among their division/#teams..Conf/Div
Again in no particular order:

Beach (3rd) 2-1 vs Concorde Fire (2nd/11) East Conf/Southeast Div.
Albion (11th) 1-2 vs Oakwood SC (3rd/8) East Conf/Northeast Div.
Pats (10th) 3-2 vs Boca United FC (7th/11) East Conf/Southeast Div.
Surf (5th) 0-2 vs Solar SC (2nd/9) Central Conf/Frontier Div.
RSC (9th) 2-1 vs Sporting Blue Valley (6th/9) Central Conf/Frontier Div.
Legends (2nd) 3-1 vs FC Fury NY (2nd/8) East Conf/Northeast Div.
Eagles (14th) 4-1 vs Washington Spirit Academy (8th/8) East Conf/Atlantic Div.

I think this list is mistake-free!!;)

@Josep I have to ask- are parents under control? It seems the behavior has been so bad in SoCal lately and I wonder if the presence of college coaches calms people down? What's the vibe?

I didn't mean that! :) I meant in general is it more golf claps or are people realizing they are also being watched ?

@Josep I have to ask- are parents under control? It seems the behavior has been so bad in SoCal lately and I wonder if the presence of college coaches calms people down? What's the vibe?
It is interesting here. The sidelines have been great. In fact, no one else seems to have rules about which side of the field to sit on. We are mingled together and are having nice conversations about our first year DA experience and the level of play on the field. The vibe is positive and respectful. Lots of excitement about the number of colleges represented.

This may not be true for all fields, but appears to be consistent.

Powerade has free bottled drinks and fresh fruit for the players which has been nice. They encourage teams to take full cases or Powerade of water to ensure hydration. This is a nice touch.

Overall positive experience so far.

It is interesting here. The sidelines have been great. In fact, no one else seems to have rules about which side of the field to sit on. We are mingled together and are having nice conversations about our first year DA experience and the level of play on the field. The vibe is positive and respectful. Lots of excitement about the number of colleges represented.

Powerade has free bottled drinks and fresh fruit for the players which has been nice. They encourage teams to take full cases or Powerade of water to ensure hydration. This is a nice touch.

Why did they plan this event the week before finals? Are Girls missing this entire week of school?

The atmosphere has been great - also experiencing mingled sidelines and a lot of discussion on the sidelines. BTW - the food and drink is free to everyone not just players.

Why did they plan this event the week before finals? Are Girls missing this entire week of school?
I don’t think US Soccer really cares about finals, school or any other obligations. It’s just like the real world...you can’t please everyone. So those that want to be part of the experience show up ready to play with a chance of being recruited.

We knew that- that's obvious. I wouldn't expect them to actually but as a parent I am not interested in schools that would committ before Junior year anyway- going for a specific type. So as a parent although I can be happy for people getting the exposure I will be more interested in seeing the verbals that result from this showcase at the 03 level if any are of substance. I am sorry it doesn't fit the herd mentality

Must be painful for parents who's kids academic success is hinged on missing 4 days of school.

That's a swipe why be so defensive? It's a logical question. Some schools do not allow it plain and simple. For an 01 or 02 I get it. 03 and 04 I don't know it's not my journey. Nothing wrong with the dialogue though.
I am not swiping at anyone I am asking those of you who are going before me! I personally love these updates

Why? Isn’t that up to the player?

Be proactive, plan with your teachers & be prepared.

The good thing is with one game a day + a rest day there is ample time to study

They aren't adults gentle reminder.
Again there are private schools that are very strict with abscence guidelines for college id camps.
Why does everyone have to take it down to an ignorant level around here when someone disagrees with you rather than being kind?

Back