DA Entitlement or Assault

Had the CR been positioned further to his left and back slightly he would have had a wider field of view and probably seen the three punches. Good catch by the AR. The whole setup for the free kick took way too long and was nonchalant. Those two players started pushing each other a good minute before the Ref blew the whistle for the free kick. The referee should place the ball, move the wall, run to a position where he can see the whole play going into the goal area and blow the whistle. Usually the quicker play gets going the less chance of excess crap happening. Those two players had far too much time to piss each other off. Still no excuse for punching an opponent. Striking x3 is always a straight red card!

Posting a kids name (Minor) was in very bad taste. I know it's easy to find out, however, that's not an excuse.
Great video, thank you for posting.

To showcase the entitlement of the DA and it not being to far off the issues with the USMNT and MLS boys club. I'd like to know what, (College coaches,DOC,Technical directors,Head Coaches,Parents,Players) think of this situation that happened this past weekend between the LA galaxy Academy vs Albion SC 01/02 Academy game.

Thoughts on this? Its amazing to watch how #18 puts his hands on his head knowing he was caught by the AR and then the ref and then tries to make an excuse when held accountable. Entitlement at its finest. #18 is lucky that #47's parents are not attorney's and could have him charged with assault. I counted 3 gut punches. Its a disgrace if #18 only gets a 2 game suspension.
College coaches would you recruit a player like this?
DOC/TD/Coaches, is this what you a teaching?
Parents is this the environment you want your daughters sons in?
Players what do learn from this?
Please post and share this horrific act this is not what sport is supposed to be.
I don't know about any of this. but I'm glad I'm not a kid playing on that field. Can it get anymore confusing? baseball diamond soccer, lax, football. makes me dizzy

Lighten up Francis. This was the end of a physical, intense game. From 18s perspective he was just retaliating against 47's obvious two-handed bear-hug. Could have been a PK too. Seconds earlier, 30 stopped 9 from a goal scoring opportunity with a violent, calculated challenge. He knew 9 was in and took him out - hard. Not so sure that wasn't a red. That's soccer. There were other hard challenges on both sides during the game. The AR saw punches and the player got sent off. To go on about "assault" is a joke.

Had the CR been positioned further to his left and back slightly he would have had a wider field of view and probably seen the three punches. Good catch by the AR. The whole setup for the free kick took way too long and was nonchalant. Those two players started pushing each other a good minute before the Ref blew the whistle for the free kick. The referee should place the ball, move the wall, run to a position where he can see the whole play going into the goal area and blow the whistle. Usually the quicker play gets going the less chance of excess crap happening. Those two players had far too much time to piss each other off. Still no excuse for punching an opponent. Striking x3 is always a straight red card!

The amount of grab-assing that went on prior to the kick was not good. Pretty clear there was a lot of "talking" going on between the players. Lots of shirt pulling by #47 in black before and during the play. Red card on #18 red seems right. I'd bet that #47 black was quite happy with the outcome and will continue instigating.

I'm most disappointed with the baboons on the sideline. Not surprised, just disappointed.

If you are seen throwing punches you get a red. Can't do that and expect to stay in the game, even if he missed, straight red for attempting to punch.

I’ve said for years U13 and up, boys/men and girls/women the game gets very physical and dirty. I feel 3 referees is not enough. 2 Center Refs on each side of Center line to watch/cover their half of field. So when the ball is on that half of field the CR on that side can keep eye on play on/near ball. The ref on other end keeps eye on things from his half going on away from ball. Hell NBA has smaller field of play and has more refs. FIFA IMO ask for the ref to cover to much area and watch for dirty/physical on and away from ball is a BIG task.

Back