DA and PE in High School

So if she did DA, then she can play basketball and run track in High School, but not play soccer? If the club she was with allowed it. Do some people not tell the club they are doing other sports? Thanks everyone for the information.

So if she did DA, then she can play basketball and run track in High School, but not play soccer? If the club she was with allowed it. Do some people not tell the club they are doing other sports? Thanks everyone for the information.

She can play soccer if she attends a private school that gave her an athletic scholarship based on soccer.

Girls basketball is a winter sports & track in the spring so yes that could be manageable with DA. Going to have to be very good with time management & priorities but that's part of growing up and should help later in life.

The league games should be fine but might not make all the practices between the sports but 3 out of the 4 days in one or the other is normally ok but of course depends so ever situation is unique.

As far as I know no club dictates what players do outside of soccer at school or there free time.

I am curious to know-- are athletic scholarships from private schools allowed? Thanks for info.

They aren't, technically, but during the years when my youngsters were excelling in high school sports, we had 2 separate private school soccer coaches suggest that accommodations could be made if we found the cost of attending their school to be too high. Supposedly scholarships are based on need, which some might interpret as "we need your kid on our soccer team".

This topic has been discussed here (or in the predecessor websites) before and some people get really sensitive about it, which makes me wonder whether they are trying to hide something or are just offended that they didn't get the offers.

Why wouldn't an athletic kid want to take PE in high school? It's like recess for teenagers.
I could see a kid who isn't into sports wanting to get out of it - But for someone who's able to play sports- It’s a chance to mess around for an hour.

PE is lame and it’s primarily full of non athletes. There’s a thing about being in 6th period sports. But it’s my district. My kid has been stuck in PE and just accepts it. Will be better when that is out of the picture down the road.

She can play soccer if she attends a private school that gave her an athletic scholarship based on soccer.
If you get a scholarship to a private school and get a waiver approved before league starts but what most people do not realize is you are not allowed to play with DA for the remainder of the season. So once HS soccer is finished you can not go back and play Feb thru June with DA.

Academy Players currently registered with an DA Club
have committed to forgo participating
in both the Academy and high school or middle school soccer.
a)Players who participate in high/middle school soccer are ineligible to participate in
Academy practice and competition during that same season.
b)Only players who have been granted a waiver by the League Office will be allowed to
remain on their clubs Academy roster during the high school soccer season(waivers
are not available for middle school)
. This waiver must be received by DA office before
September 1, 2018, to be considered for the roster exemption. The waiver eligibility
guidelines are as follows:
(1)Players who receive consideration or financial aid to attend a private high
school based on their participation with the soccer team are eligible
(2)Although clubs are not limited to a specific number of waivers, the number is
naturally self-limiting to field a full team throughout the Academy season.
(3)Players registered with a Development DA Club will not be allowed to re-enter
the program during the same season after participating in the high schoolseason with their current or a different DA Club

If you get a scholarship to a private school and get a waiver approved before league starts but what most people do not realize is you are not allowed to play with DA for the remainder of the season. So once HS soccer is finished you can not go back and play Feb thru June with DA.

a)Players who participate in high/middle school soccer are ineligible to participate in
b)Only players who have been granted a waiver by the League Office will be allowed to
remain on their clubs Academy roster during the high school soccer season(waivers
September 1, 2018, to be considered for the roster exemption. The waiver eligibility
(2)Although clubs are not limited to a specific number of waivers, the number is
(3)Players registered with a Development DA Club will not be allowed to re-enter
the program during the same season after participating in the high schoolseason with their current or a different DA Club

That just seems to be coercive and vindictive.

Appreciate the info.
Do you have the link to these rules?

So here is what they originally said, they changed the rules!

Attachments

• Girls Development Academy Webinar 2016.pdf
    525.7 KB · Views: 47
Girls basketball is a winter sports & track in the spring so yes that could be manageable with DA. Going to have to be very good with time management & priorities but that's part of growing up and should help later in life.

The league games should be fine but might not make all the practices between the sports but 3 out of the 4 days in one or the other is normally ok but of course depends so ever situation is unique.

As far as I know no club dictates what players do outside of soccer at school or there free time.

Yes, there are some DA clubs that say no other outside sports (not volleyball, not track, not softball, nothing) and yes I imagine some players keep it a secret from the club if they do play high school sports otherwise they would have problems with the club

Why wouldn't an athletic kid want to take PE in high school? It's like recess for teenagers.
I could see a kid who isn't into sports wanting to get out of it - But for someone who's able to play sports- It’s a chance to mess around for an hour.

My kid loved PE. She wanted to become an Olympic Badminton player because of PE :D

Back