DA and ECNL

False. 1/4 of the roster played GDA the announcer couldn’t wait to share that fact. Every player who isn’t a college player was on a GDA roster. The leading friggin scorer in GDA is on the team. Honestly none of the players should have been GDA players.

Stop spinning yourself in circles dude. I don't care if it was 3 or 6 girls. You cited the u20 teams as evidence of how bad GDA. It's a bad example.

My player’s team only has one GDA player regardless of year committed and they have three 2021 recruits already. I only see 2 GDA players for Stanford 2019 or more current. Any decent player can get committed. There are 321+ D1 schools and many times that if you include all of the other levels. Ask yourself where the top players (the ones going to the top 10-16 schools) are playing. Now look at the top 5 or 6 programs. Where are those players going. TDS rankings mean nothing. Big money offers from top schools tell you who the best players are. My kid was like the 24th ranked player in SoCal in her graduating class but has done more than everyone above her including two on her team that aren’t starters whereas she has started every game and been with the first XI on her team since the first summer practice prior to her freshman year. The best players often fly under the radar because good teams can hide a player’s deficiencies that get exposed in college.

All I'm saying is that kids in the younger age groups that are currently good flocked to GDA in SoCal. Not saying that they should have, I'm just saying that it happened. And it did. That wasn't the case for the older age groups.

Aren't there several that have committed to UCLA that played GDA - Beach, Cedar Stars, Under Soccer Alliance, California Thorns, Tophat, Blues (non-Bakers). When you say, my "player’s team only has one GDA player regardless of year committed," what are you referring to?

For reference, here are three UCLA commits: http://njsa.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams/index.php?team=3938600&player=265898209
http://unsa.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams/index.php?team=3952500&player=271127849
http://scbs.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams/index.php?team=3948460&player=265482218

See, like I said, in the younger age group a majority of the talent flocked to DA. ;) Just kidding Shales.
I was ready to clap back :eek:, it’s all good. I’m not the federation. It’s just press release telling you what they are doing.

All I'm saying is that kids in the younger age groups that are currently good flocked to GDA in SoCal. Not saying that they should have, I'm just saying that it happened. And it did. That wasn't the case for the older age groups
That's probably more to do with parents of youngers believing GDA is the best path to a YNT instead of just being an elite player. Olders and their parents are usually more aware of their talents and stop chasing the golden carrot.

I am a supporter but no I did not check the remainder of your results. Since GDA has only been in place for one year and almost all of the U20 team had played ECNL I am not sure how you can say this one loss is some sort of statement for the DA. Certainly some may say it says something about the whole of US Soccer but I would wait till more games are played.
I didn't blame the loss on GDA. You and several others are so quick to defend all that is GDA. Today's U20 loss had nothing to do with GDA or ECNL. If over the years you have truly been following the women's game at the youth and national team levels you would know that we are no longer the Kraken on the international stage. Watching today's game made that crystal clear. Countries that were years behind us in the support and advancement of women's soccer are now competing with and beating us. The blame is placed directly at the front door of the federation.

Instead of fixing the problem, the federation has decided to create a national league which enabled DA clubs to suck hundreds of thousands of dollars from parents across the country. GDA should be for elite players only. Period! And all the GDA apologists who keep saying that's its only year one really don't understand the impact nationwide of the top clubs (who have a history of developing YNT and NT players) who have decided not to continue after only 1 year of DA competition.

17 of the 21 players just finished either their Freshman or Sophomore year in College..... Basically 17 of them were not around for GDA..

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...-u20wnt-fifa-u20-womens-world-cup-france-2018

This. The U20s are a referendum on ECNL, not DA. The fact that the rest of the world's has just about competent closed the gap in the US despite the advantages of country provide woman athletes screams for exactly why DA (or something new and better) is needed if we want to produce better players.
ECNL as a gaming league that consolidates top teams for the primary purpose of helping colleges identify potential recruits has been wildly successful. However, ECNL as an environment and tool that maximizes player development is an utter failure. If course, that isn't what it is designed to be, so that isn't a indictment. But it is the exact reason why US Soccer decided something different is required.

This. The U20s are a referendum on ECNL, not DA. The fact that the rest of the world's has just about competent closed the gap in the US despite the advantages of country provide woman athletes screams for exactly why DA (or something new and better) is needed if we want to produce better players.
ECNL as a gaming league that consolidates top teams for the primary purpose of helping colleges identify potential recruits has been wildly successful. However, ECNL as an environment and tool that maximizes player development is an utter failure. If course, that isn't what it is designed to be, so that isn't a indictment. But it is the exact reason why US Soccer decided something different is required.
Time will tell, but I think this no high school policy is hurting the DA more than they believe. Boys don't really care but young ladies want to play with their friends.

Time will tell, but I think this no high school policy is hurting the DA more than they believe. Boys don't really care but young ladies want to play with their friends.
We were contacted by a DA coach as they were interested in my 12 yr DD. I showed her the business card they gave me after watching her at Nationals and she laughed and said "I want to play high school and stay with my team". That ended it there

We were contacted by a DA coach as they were interested in my 12 yr DD. I showed her the business card they gave me after watching her at Nationals and she laughed and said "I want to play high school and stay with my team". That ended it there
As bad as my daughter's high school team is, it keeps her happy and playing, it is not rare for these teen girls to quit all together.

I know of and heard of many girls that have opted out of playing for High School long before DA existed for girls. It's a personal choice and your not right or wrong or smart or stupid for choosing one or the other every individuals circumstances are different.

It isn't the DA that is needed and the U20's is not a referendum on ECNL. It is a referendum on the selection process and the coaches that are making the choices. The announcers made numerous comments during the game about what is missing. Go back and listen to what they said.

It isn't the DA that is needed and the U20's is not a referendum on ECNL. It is a referendum on the selection process and the coaches that are making the choices. The announcers made numerous comments during the game about what is missing. Go back and listen to what they said.
For someone who didn't watch and doesn't have the time to go watch it, what were the announcers saying that is missing?

I don't remember the exact words but it was about the players not combining and working together and that they were playing independently on the field. One of the comments was they expected more integrated plays with all the camps they have had since January

Back